Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Unconsious Mutterings #23 and more ...

Make Time for Small Reflections
Camera Critters #26 and Smiley Saturday #20 are in yesterday's post. Sunrise-Sunset #3 and BYBS #19 are at Sacred Ruminations.

I'm participating for the 23rd time today.
How about you?

What comes to YOUR mind?

If you'd like to play here, copy and paste the clues in comments along with your responses ... or post on your blog and let me know so I can visit ;--)

I say ... and you think ... ?

  1. Heist :: Oceans Eleven ... etc.
  2. Hack :: ...y Sack
  3. Dane :: Great Danes ... 'kewl' dogs
  4. Stings :: ... like a bee
  5. Monkey :: Business
  6. Junkie :: 'hooked' on something ... like blogging
  7. Pumped :: 'excited or enthused' about anything
  8. Brass :: instruments (in a marching band or orchestra)
  9. Fight! :: or Flight!
  10. Vouch :: ...er (for future services)
Your turn: I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. Heist ::
  2. Hack ::
  3. Dane ::
  4. Stings ::
  5. Monkey ::
  6. Junkie ::
  7. Pumped ::
  8. Brass ::
  9. Fight! ::
  10. Vouch ::
Click for others 'muttering' today.
This doesn't this seem like me at all, does it?

You Are a Life Blogger!



Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary.

If it happens, you blog it. And you make it as entertaining as possible.

You may be guilty of over-sharing a bit on your blog, but you can't help it.

Your life is truly an open book. Or in this case, an open blog!

What Kind of Blogger Are You?

I created two 'versions' of a new award or logo ... and am wondering which you like best & why? You're welcome to 'snag & share' with others if you leave me a comment ... just because.
I shared two different 'Blogging Buddy' awards at Sacred Ruminations this morning and am looking for feedback on those too (if you've got a little time to spare).
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"Stress is an ignorant state. It believe that everything is an emergency." Natalie Goldberg, Wild Mind

17 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Hacky sack!!! My word, that is GREAT thinking storyteller!!!

Happy Sunday Mutterings to you.

Lucas said...

Not surprisingly, I am a life blogger too. Love your thought for the today here.

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Heist :: Lift, steal
Hack :: Terrible cough
Dane :: Cool guy's name
Stings :: bug bites
Monkey :: Tarzan movies
Junkie :: messed up life
Pumped :: excited
Brass:: trombone, trumpet
Fight! :: frightening physical violence
Vouch :: stand up, support


The best I can do...not that there are any correct answers. Interesting thinking though.

Mike Golch said...

heist: swipe, five finger discount.
hack: a cab driver.
dane: ?
stings: Bee,I hope not.I go int shock.
Monkey: A member of a singing group in the 60's
junkie:Junk food.
Pumped: ?
Brass: Captain on CSI.
Fight: friday night boxing
Vouch: I said that,He's a stand up kind of guy.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

It's been a long while! Hello. It seems as though in my travels, I've seen your name so often, and I believe we have crossed paths a few months back, when I first started blogging. I wanted to say that I love Natalie Goldberg. She was required reading in my creative writing classes some years ago. My favorite is "Wild Mind." That little book taught me more about writing...
*laughing* Before this e-mail becomes a tome... Hope you had a
wonderful weekend!

Betty said...

As usual I enjoyed reading your meme. As far as the logo is concerned, I like the first one better. You are getting so creative - makes me jealous, lol.

Unknown said...

Great mutterings today.

Mine can be found ::here::.

Have a great week!

Mariposa said...

And I miss this too!

Lovely mutterings there!

kitten said...

Great answers today. Don't feel like playing like I normally try to.
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary. (This was me 2 also.)

kitten said...

Ps. I almost forgot. I like the 1st picture. The 2nd one is too fuzzy glary like.
The 1st one is very appealing!

Joyce said...

I love the quote about stress being an ignorant state because it believes everything is an emergency!

Your logos are both lovely; the first is my favorite. :)

Karen said...

I'm a life blogger too--more often than not, we seem to come up the same!

I like the top one--I like the hint of more details, like the fur on the kitty being more obvious. Though, I kind of prefer the lightness of the bottom one...okay, so I can't make up my mind...

Mary said...

Storyteller,

I enjoyed catching up on your blog and your Unconscious Mutterings. Love the hacky sack. Cute!

I have snagged the first award. I favor it over the other. I think it looks a bit more realistic. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Mary

Momisodes said...

I'm a life blogger too :) I see how we have that in common.

Love what you've done to the pics!

storyteller said...

Hootin’ Anni – It’s a game my sisters boys played often but that I never mastered ;--)

Lucas – Thanks … I appreciate your first visit to Small Reflections and am glad you enjoyed it.

Jo (a retired teacher) – I enjoyed all your ‘mutterings’ … especially your response to ‘hack’ and ‘pumped’ … thanks for playing along here in comments. Methinks ALL answers are ‘correct’ when muttering unconsciously.

Mike Golch – Glad you decided to play along here too. Your responses to ‘heist’ and ‘hack’ are most original … as are your answers for ‘monkey’ and ‘Brass’ … none of them would have occurred to me in a million years, but all are PERFECT in so many ways.

Petra Michelle – Yes, it HAS been a while. I used Natalie Goldberg’s ideas when I taught writing to others, and find her inspirational even today for my own writing. Hope you won’t be a stranger again …

Betty – I’m glad … and thanks for the feedback. I am learning as I go and I get by with a bit of help from my friends.

Laane – Thanks … I enjoyed your too ;--)

Mariposa – It’s good to see you out and about in the Blogosphere. I hope you will join UM and BYBS as time and energy permit. I find both help me get going when inspiration lags.

Kitten – It’s okay … there’s never any pressure … just the invitation if it seems like fun and you have the time. Thanks for the feedback. It seems others agree with you … and I’m learning all the time.

Joyce – This quote spoke to ME today … actually they USUALLY reflect what’s going on in my mind as I create and publish each day now that I think of it, but it’s always interesting to know when these thoughts ‘resonate’ with others too. Thanks for the feedback on the logos. I have such trouble making up my mind when I experiment and it’s good to know what others think. Molly doesn’t have much of an opinion on such things.

Karen – How interesting … we DO seem to have much in common even though lately I’m feeling like ‘a dinosaur’ … and even better, I love the feedback about the two versions of the award because what you wrote is pretty much identical to what was running through my mind as I tried to decide which to use ... seriously!!!

Mary – I’m glad in all respects. It seems the first is the favorite of most.

Sandy (of Momisodes) – I certainly see YOU as a ‘Life Blogger’ … but not so much ME in that category. Perhaps I share more of myself than I realize … unconsciously? Thanks for the feedback … I love being able to USE what I’m learning in my PSE6 classes.

To all – I apologize for being S L O W to respond here. I certainly ENJOY all of your comments and revisit them often … just because. I also take pleasure in visiting your blogs as time permits … and am delighted to have encountered to all in this ‘virtual’ world. I hope you’re having a great week!
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Oh hacky sack - perfect and fun.

storyteller said...

Monique – I was surprised that more participants didn’t think of this game. It’s a favorite of my sister’s boys, but I’ve never mastered it. Sorry I overlooked your comment until today. Thanks for dropping by.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails