Thanks for joining me today ...
starting with a little silly ...
first post ... 'Beginnings' ... without knowing why
how or what-have-you about anything
within the Blogosphere or of 'blogging'
I wish I'd taken a 'snapshot' of these
blogs when I started to show you with ease
just what a 'newbie' I was way back then ...
how things have changed over time & just when.
Alas I didn't so only a few
bloggy friends who knew me when have that view,
but I assure you a transformation
occurred quite gradually. It's been fun!
Would you care for something to
eat or drink as you browse?
2. In December of 2007 I participated in T-13 for the first time (with a list of Authors and Books to Share with Young Children) ... and I've continued that practice ever since accumulating a total of 44 Thursday Thirteens as of last week.
3. In January of 2008 (after being 'tagged' by Sandy of Momisodes for a 'chain mail meme) I answered poetically and that was my 1st Haiku Friday. I've published Haiku Friday on both blogs ever since so that I've accumulated 41 on each for a total of 82 as of last Friday.
4. At the end of January I reached my 100th post and spent the next week creating my list of 101 Things About Me ... adding 15-20 things at a time each day. If you've not read it previously and have a bit of time now, you'll find it's a succinct summary of my life to date.
5. Since then I've gradually added more 'weekly activities' (often combining two or more in a single post) and organized 'category links' in the sidebar to make it easy for visitors to find items of interest. I've decided to include them here in the text of this post ... just because ... so here are:
at Small Reflections
Beijing 2008 Olympics
Heads or Tails
Make a Wish Meme #2
My 2nd Message in a Bottle
My Gratitude Posts
My Peace Globe #2
One Single Impression
Playfully Poetic Postings
Posts including Blogthings
Posts with Quizzes
Posts with Wordles
Really Good Things
Slice of Life
Taos Writers Retreat
Tennis Updates & Info
Ultimate Blog Party Post 2008
6. Tomorrow is my 1st Blogoversary on my other blog Sacred Ruminations, so I hope you'll drop by there to help me celebrate again.
7. In honor of this 'milestone' I've created the following 'award' and 'graphic' that you're welcome to 'snag' ... enjoy ... and share with others as you choose.
While leaving a response to the first 8 visitors who left comments this morning ... (a practice I've enjoyed all year but fallen behind on recently and hope to continue if at all possible) ... I realized I've been thinking about changing my 'storyteller handle' to something more descriptive of who I really am. I don’t seem to have much of an ‘imagination’ when it comes to creating characters and senarios … tend to ‘the personal narrative’ when I write … passing along ‘life events’ (as in memoir or her-story) but I’ve not yet come up with anything better yet. I’ve decided to insert this ‘addendum’ here ... hoping for ideas from visitors who know me … so if YOU have any ideas, I’m open to suggestions ... seriously! I suppose I could do what MaryAnn of Desperately Seeking Serenity did ... giving up her 'Moanna' persona for her 'real name' (in baby steps over time actually now that I revisit that transition) ... but I do enjoy being A Nonny Mouse, at least for now ;--)
As I type this response, I’m listening to the news … it’s foggy here at the beach but apparently the Santa Ana winds are blowing inland and there’s a wildfire burning north of Fontana … threatening homes … forcing evacuations of more than 100 homes in the Rancho Cucamonga area … so my thoughts and prayers are with those affected as I hope for quick containment by fire-fighters.
Hugs and blessings,
Thought for Today