Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Celebrating my 1st Blogoversary Today

Make Time for Small Reflections
It's hard to believe this is my 382nd post!
Thanks for joining me today
...
as I celebrate my 1st Blogoversary
starting with a little silly ...

Exactly one year ago I published my
first post ... 'Beginnings' ... without knowing why
how or what-have-you about anything
within the Blogosphere or of 'blogging'

I wish I'd taken a 'snapshot' of these
blogs when I started to show you with ease
just what a 'newbie' I was way back then ...
how things have changed over time & just when.

Alas I didn't so only a few
bloggy friends who knew me when have that view,
but I assure you a transformation
occurred quite gradually. It's been fun!

Would you care for something to
eat or drink as you browse?



Really Good Things About the Year

1. For the first 3 months or so I tended to write and publish pretty much whatever came to mind each morning ... much as I do with Morning Musings and Whimsical Wednesday these days.

2. In December of 2007 I participated in T-13 for the first time (with a list of Authors and Books to Share with Young Children) ... and I've continued that practice ever since accumulating a total of 44 Thursday Thirteens as of last week.

3. In January of 2008 (after being 'tagged' by Sandy of Momisodes for a 'chain mail meme) I answered poetically and that was my 1st Haiku Friday. I've published Haiku Friday on both blogs ever since so that I've accumulated 41 on each for a total of 82 as of last Friday.

4. At the end of January I reached my 100th post and spent the next week creating my list of 101 Things About Me ... adding 15-20 things at a time each day. If you've not read it previously and have a bit of time now, you'll find it's a succinct summary of my life to date.

5. Since then I've gradually added more 'weekly activities' (often combining two or more in a single post) and organized 'category links' in the sidebar to make it easy for visitors to find items of interest. I've decided to include them here in the text of this post ... just because ... so here are:


6. Tomorrow is my 1st Blogoversary on my other blog Sacred Ruminations, so I hope you'll drop by there to help me celebrate again.

7. In honor of this 'milestone' I've created the following 'award' and 'graphic' that you're welcome to 'snag' ... enjoy ... and share with others as you choose.


Small Reflections ... Smile Back

7am addendum

While leaving a response to the first 8 visitors who left comments this morning ... (a practice I've enjoyed all year but fallen behind on recently and hope to continue if at all possible) ... I realized I've been thinking about changing my 'storyteller handle' to something more descriptive of who I really am.
I don’t seem to have much of an ‘imagination’ when it comes to creating characters and senarios … tend to ‘the personal narrative’ when I write … passing along ‘life events’ (as in memoir or her-story) but I’ve not yet come up with anything better yet. I’ve decided to insert this ‘addendum’ here ... hoping for ideas from visitors who know me … so if YOU have any ideas, I’m open to suggestions ... seriously! I suppose I could do what MaryAnn of Desperately Seeking Serenity did ... giving up her 'Moanna' persona for her 'real name' (in baby steps over time actually now that I revisit that transition) ... but I do enjoy being A Nonny Mouse, at least for now ;--)

As I type this response, I’m listening to the news … it’s foggy here at the beach but apparently the Santa Ana winds are blowing inland and there’s a wildfire burning north of Fontana … threatening homes … forcing evacuations of more than 100 homes in the Rancho Cucamonga area … so my thoughts and prayers are with those affected as I hope for quick containment by fire-fighters.
Hugs and blessings,

Thought for Today
"Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where are you?" Fanny Brice

47 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Happy Blogoversary, storyteller! It's been wonderful to watch your blogs evolve and wonderful to get to know you!

Unknown said...

Happy Blogoversary, my friend. You've come a long way, baby!

Forgetfulone said...

Congratulations on your first blogversary!

Mike Golch said...

Congrats on your First blogversary!
I swiprd the bloons for my first one in December. Peace and love and hugs from me and God's blessings as well.That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

kitten said...

Congrats!!!!!! That's what my 100 post about me was for me. Celebrating 500 post.
Keep up the good work and hope to see you around a looong time!!!!
Hugs & Blessings my friend!

Joyce said...

Happy Blogoversary, Friend! May you enjoy many more! <3 <3 <3

Roan said...

Happy Blogoversary! I always enjoy my visits here. BJ

Hootin Anni said...

Happy Happy Blog-a-versary!!! What a milestone, huh? You've done us all a great feat by beginning your blogging one year ago. And it's been a pleasure through the months getting to know you.

storyteller said...

MPJ – Thanks for all your support. I’m still struggling with staying current and need to make some tough decisions soon if I want to maintain my sanity. As of this morning I’ve got 1000+ unread posts in Google Reader and 500+ unread emails in my Small Reflections g-mail … I’ve not responded to comments in almost two weeks and am thinking of giving up that practice entirely, but here I am responding to comments. Go figure. LOL

Adelle and Forgetfulone – I appreciate your congratulatory visit and comments here. I have come a long way and am grateful for all the support & encouragement I’ve gotten along the way ;--)

Mike Golch – You’re more than welcome to ‘snag’ and use the graphic. Thanks for dropping by.

Kitten – 500 posts is a major achievement all right and I did enjoy your list of 100 things about you. Methinks I’m over 500 now if I add my posts on both blogs together, but that seems like ‘cheating’ somehow.

Joyce – When I started (way back when) I had no idea I’d make such wonderful friends in this virtual world, but I’m pleasantly surprised to be ‘happily blogging’ and hope I’ll celebrate many more such milestones in the Blogosphere.

B. Roan – Thanks … I love finding your comments and always enjoy my visits to YOUR blog too ;--)

Hootin’ Anni – Hard to imagine how little I knew when I started and I’m grateful for the ‘tips’ and friendship you’ve shared along the way. I owe so much to so many and plan to pass it on to others as I continue to expand my own skills and knowledge of the way things work.

To all – I’m delighted to find your comments this morning and am glad I went ahead and posted this last night before I retired for the night. I realized upon rising that I’ve been thinking of changing my ‘handle’ from ‘storyteller’ to something more ‘descriptive’ of who I really am. I don’t seem to have much of an ‘imagination’ when it comes to creating characters and senarios … tend to ‘the personal narrative’ when I write … passing along ‘life events’ (as in memoir or her-story) but I’ve not yet come up with anything better yet and am certainly open to suggestions. Perhaps I’ll insert an ‘addendum’ about this in my Blogoversary post …(or not)… but if YOU have any ideas, I’m open to suggestions.

As I type this response, I’m listening to the news … it’s foggy here at the beach but apparently the Santa Ana winds are blowing inland and there’s a wildfire burning north of Fontana … threatening homes … forcing evacuations of more than 100 homes … so my thoughts and prayers are with those affected as I hope for quick containment by fire-fighters.
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

Congrats on this milestone in blogging my friend.

Sandee said...

Happy first Blogoversary. Have a great day. :)

kitten said...

I made a mistake on your award the other day. If you don't mind, you can go back over to my blog and collect your award.

Mom Knows Everything said...

Happy Blogoversary!!! I really enjoy both your blogs and her's to the next wonderful year blogging!

Peajay said...

Comhgháirdeachas on your Blogoversary Storyteller and best wishes for many more.
Slâinte

Lapa37 said...

Happy 1 year anniversary and I hope to see you around for many many more.

Ivanhoe said...

Congratulations my dear friend! May there be many many more of your wonderful posts :o)
BTW: Thank you for the cheese & crackers and cookies. They were delish ;o)

Misty DawnS said...

Congratulations, my friend!!! You've got a couple of great blogs, but, even more so, you are a great person and friend! I look forward to spending another year with you and celebrating with you again next year ;-) Now - would you please pass me some chocolate chip cookies and some cheese? Thanks.

storyteller said...

SassyMamaBear, Teena, Sandee, Kitten, Tammy, Peajay, Lapa, Ivanhoe and Misty Dawn – Thanks so much for all your congratulatory comments and good wishes. I hope I’ll be blogging for a long while to come as well.

I’m not sure how many unread posts remain in Google Reader, but I’ve been visiting others all morning and it’s still 1000+ as of 11:12 am … sigh! I appreciate all of you and will visit as soon as I’m able. That said, I do need to create a ‘celebratory’ post for Sacred Ruminations so I’ll have to stop visiting for a while to begin that. Ivanhoe & Misty Dawn … I’m delighted you enjoyed the ‘snacks’ I provided. I was beginning to wonder if I’d need to eat them all myself ;--)

I confess I'm surprises that no one has made any ‘name’ suggestions and I’m still mulling that one over myself, but if anything occurs to anyone, I hope you’ll either leave a comment or send email. I hope you’re each having a delightful day.
Hugs and blessings,

Mother of Invention said...

Congrats on enthusiastically maintaining an excellent blog for a year! You are THE most active blogger I know! You must be very efficient with your time! You're obviously a natural and get out of it as much as you put into it! Thanks for the visits to mine. here's to many more years of blogging!

And I'll have some of those chocolate chip cookies, please!

Kara said...

Happy Blogoversary! I think of you as Storyteller so in my mind your 'handle' works, but I can relate to your desire to shift. Happy evolving with your blog! Love and hugs!

Maude Lynn said...

Happy Blogoversary, Storyteller! And, I think the name fits you well!

maryt/theteach said...

Oh storyteller, Congratulations on your 1st blogoversary! I've enjoyed reading your posts very much and of course hope to continue for years to come! Thanks for the chocolate cookies and cheesy snacks. I love both! All the best to you! Also congrats on Sacred Ruminations too! :)

Mary said...

Storyteller,

I love your handle just as it is and your avatar. I once considered using that but then saw that you were. It is a cutey.

Happy Blogoversary my friend. You do a terrific job on both blogs and I always enjoy visiting with you.

Blessings,
Mary

Akelamalu said...

Happy Blogversary and I hope you have many more!

I'm so pleased we found each others blogs, yours is a joy to read and I look forward to reading your comments on mine! :)

Patsy said...

My blogoversary was the 19th. You have grown so much more than I have, but I'm making baby steps. I enjoy sharing and learning. You have become one of my mentors. Thank you for sharing such wonderful ideas with all of us.

Martha said...

HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY!!! :-)

Unknown said...

Happy Blogoversary! It kinda snuck up on me. :0) I knew it was coming but, pop, here it is. :) I'm so glad you jumped into blogging with both feet.

Anonymous said...

woo! i heard there was a party over here!
ill take the cookies and the jug of hopefully alcohilic yumminess mmmm lol

congrats you must feel so proud for both your blogs ;)

Anonymous said...

Storyteller, you are a dedicated blogger! I stumbled onto you several months ago and even though I may not always comment, I do read your posts. I rather like your handle but if you want to change it, perhaps you should have a contest! I plan to snag your Happy Blogoversary for mine, which is in just 24 days! *smirk* Thanks for your visits - I always enjoy your comments!

Melissa said...

Hey there! I haven't been around lately, but now that NaBlo is around the corner, watch out! :)

And a happy blogversary to you, too! :) The balloons are a nice touch.

SandyCarlson said...

Happy anniversary to you, dear friend. Your blogs are a splendid contribution to the conversation we all participate in. I am glad you're around.

Mary Ann said...

Wow, a whole year? That's great. Congratulations. I've enjoyed getting to know you and watching your blogs evolve. And thanks for the linky love! I appreciate it.

Mary said...

Just to let you know, you've been tagged on my You've Been a Friend Meme.

Blessings,
Mary

threesidesofcrazy said...

Congratulations on a great year - hope next year is even better! Happy Blogoversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogoversary! I debate about switching to my real name too. I look forward to seeing what you decide on.

Kahshe Cottager said...

I am a day late with my congratulations but I am glad to add my voice with the others in wishing you the best for your next year of blogging!

Jennie

Kayce aka lucy said...

happy blogoversary! i think back fondly to those first few months of your blogging and am happy to have been there at the beginning.

warmest wishes!!

Barb said...

Happy Blogversary!!! The blog world is better because you are here. :)

The Gal Herself said...

Happy Blogaversary! I loved reading about your online journey and I'm always happy to see when you've visited me and left a comment. What higher praise can one blogger give another?

I like your Storyteller name ... Of course, it's the only "you" I've known.

Anonymous said...

I love the footprint a blog can leave, a multi media record. You've come a long way! Mine is a 3 1/2 years old. I keep wondering, is there ever an ending. Can the thing just go on and on?

Michelle said...

Happy blogoversay to you. I started using my birth name (Michelle). I couldn't think of a fun name myself to use as my blogger identity. I just love the poem you have included in your post. You are so artistic. Wish I had that talent. Keep up the good work. I always enjoy reading your blog.

Mia Celeste said...

Happy Blogoversary! I love your page and hope you'll blog for many years to come.

Cheryl said...

Wow! I make the 44th comment! I NEVER have had that on my blog. It gets disappointing not having comments when I work so hard.

Anyway...I'm trying tof ind time to return blog comments as I'm so far behind. Happy Blog-B-Day! I bet there was one day where you would have never dreamed you'd blog!

Linda said...

Congratulations on your one year anniversary. It's been a pleasure getting to know you.

Heather said...

Happy Blogoversary! I'll have some coffee and some of those delicious looking cookies!

Tumblewords: said...

Happy Blogiversary! And many more! You have so much enthusiasm and a wide asssortment of thoughts and ideas - makes each post a 'must-read' for me...thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm way late, but I wanted to wish you a happy belated blogoversary!

Related Posts with Thumbnails