Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, September 19, 2008

Haiku Friday #75

Make Time for Small Reflections
My 12th SkyWatch/74th Haiku Friday
is at
Sacred Ruminations already.
Late again today
with my Haiku Friday post
at Small Reflections.

Powerlessness sweeps
over me too often these
days. When faced with 'news'

of devastation ...
hurricanes, accidents, and
financial chaos

... things over which I
have no 'actual' control.
Breathing deeply helps ...

Mindfully I write
in my journal ... releasing
anxiety and

irrational fear
only to encounter more
'news' ... reminding me

my only power
lies in taking charge of how
I respond to these

disturbing events.
Prayerfully I choose
'love' as the answer

letting go of fear
as A Course in Miracles
teaches us to do.

For others participating in Haiku Friday this week go to A Mommy Story.
(To see my previous Haikus, click on the Haiku Friday label below this post or in the sidebar under About Me where you'll find a 'directory' of my Haikus on both blogs).
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"Smile, breathe and go slowly. ~Thich Nhat Hanh

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent haiku. There is much going on right now to cause worry, but at the end of the day, what we can do is often pretty limited other than helping where we can and remembering to love, too.

SwampAngel65 said...

I like that haiku and I like your solution...let Love take over! Very nice!

BTW...do you know who's hosting the next Fun Monday???

Akelamalu said...

Too much to worry about in the world, your solution is spot on!

Joyce said...

Thank you, Storyteller, for encouraging others by your post to respond to sad/bad news as you are seeking to do: mindfully and compassionately. <3

Grandy said...

Nice haiku storyteller.

I'm sorry for the anxiety you feel. It is never fun.

Sending you a cyber hug. ;)

storyteller said...

Thanks to each of you for visiting and leaving your thoughts here on my belated (somewhat belabored and more serious than usual) Haiku Friday piece. I appreciate your supportive words of encouragement. Once again, I’m having difficulty creating a new post here today … but am hopeful something will ‘click into place’ and I’ll feel ‘inspired’ … eventually. I did publish my 21st Photo Hunt at Sacred Ruminations, visited a few blogs, and enjoyed a fun ‘catch-up’ phone conversation with my sister earlier (after about a week of minimal contract). They’ve been visiting Gettysburg and are back on the Blue Ridge Parkway today … headed south. I hope you’re each enjoying your Saturday.
Hugs and blessings,

Betty said...

I like the poem, and it is so true of life in general. It always helps me to do deep breathing.

storyteller said...

Betty – Thanks … it’s nice to know I’m not the only one ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails