Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

(Belated) Heads or Tails #23 - Recipe

Make Time for Small Reflections
... with thanks to Misty Dawn at Misty's Words. Because I no longer cook these days (& because I was 'crunched for time' yet again), I figured I'd skip HoTs this week ... but now I can play and YOU can too. If you're looking for my 'Almost Wordless 'RUBY TUESDAY, it's just below this post.

Hosted by Skittles at Head or Tails
Click for info about how to play
This week's prompt is: HEADS - Recipe

The Recipe For storyteller



3 parts Vigor

2 parts Intensity

1 part Charm

Splash of Panache

Sip slowly on the beach

What's the Recipe for Your Personality?
I hope you'll either share in comments and/or leave a link if you decide to post it too so I can read YOUR results.
Click for others participating in HoTs this week.
Next week's theme/prompt is:
TAILS - How would you change where you live?

Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight." Phyllis Diller

19 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Way cool...I like that, I like that a LOT.

I'm here from the W W link but I'll be back to view your wordless.

Mine's shared now...come on down.

Tumblewords: said...

How perfect! Love that you get olives, too!!

Thanks for 'following' - I haven't figured how to move my blog into that next level...but maybe I will before Blogger makes the next shift! So much for being self-taught - I flunked complexity class.

SwampAngel65 said...

Hi there! I've left you a little something over on my blog. Hope you like it. It brought a smile to my face when it was given to me. And since your blog always leaves me with a smile, I thought it was fitting for you to have it!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

yes very cool and I love the sip slowly on the beach part the best!

Joyce said...

Wow! The beach part is so nice.

That test is so funny; here's my result:
3 parts Shrewdness
2 parts Intensity
1 part Seductiveness

Splash of Grace

Finish off with a little umbrella and straw

A bit worrisome. To me, "shrewd" has negative connotations. :(

Anonymous said...

I saw that over there, too and thought it was cute. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but here I am:

3 parts Power
2 parts Impishness
1 part Vitality

Splash of Flirtation

Shake vigorously

Gemma Wiseman said...

Of course I must love this one! Sip slowly on the beach eh? great thought for the coming weekend!

Unknown said...

Here's mine:

3 parts Delight
2 parts Desire
1 part Instinct

Splash of Pride

Finish off with a little umbrella and straw

Anonymous said...

that sounds like my kind of recipe. i might join you ;)

ShannonW said...

Very nice recipe for the HoT!

anthonynorth said...

That seems like a great personality.

Barb said...

Mine says:

3 parts Style
2 parts Desire
1 part Dignity

Splash of Shrewdness

Finish off with a little umbrella and straw.

I always liked those little umbrellas. :)

storyteller said...

Hootin’ Anni – I’m glad … actually you’d SEEN my ‘wordless’ because I ‘cheated a bit’ and did ‘double duty’ with Ruby Tuesday after the fact … just because.

Tumblewords – I thought it was fun and it DID save me for HoTs this week. As for the ‘following’ thing … it was quite simple. After seeing it all over (and finding the number of ‘followers in my Dashboard’ growing), I read the ‘blurb’ and activated the ‘widget’ existing under the ‘customize’ menu. If you have questions, I’d be happy to explain further. It really was simple.

SwampAngel65 – YOU MADE MY DAY! Thanks so much for thinking of me and writing such a nifty comment. I’m delighted to know my blog generates smiles.

Baby~amore – heheh … me too! I thought it most appropriate ;--)

Joyce – Hmmm … methinks ANY mom needs to be pretty shrewd (meaning clever) to keep one step ahead of kids since parenting is so challenging. I don’t see any negative connotation at all. Love ‘the splash of grace’ and wish MINE had an ‘umbrella and a straw’

Maggie – How fun to see all the different results ... I’m so glad you (and others) decided to share. A little ‘impishness’ seems to ‘fit’ somehow … but I’m not sure about the ‘shake vigorously’ part!

Greyscale Territory – Let’s hope the weather will be nice enough to do this ;--)

Lisa – How fun … delight … desire … instinct and pride … pretty ‘kewl’ that YOU get an umbrella and straw too! I’m just a touch jealous.

Tina (of Mummy Diaries) – Absolutely! I’ll have yours waiting when you get here.

ShannonH – Thanks … I’m relieved Misty’s post allowed ME to join the party.

AnthonyNorth – I kind of like the ingredients myself … especially the ‘charm and panache’ … and, of course, the beach!

Skittles- Me too! How fun that everyone’s recipe is just a bit different. Gotta love random generators, right?

To all – Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts. I do enjoy Heads or Tails … even when I’m busy, I like to participate!
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Very cool, Storyteller! As for my personality - it seems to be lost. I tried to do this one, but it just kept going around in circles with no answer. Hmmm - that seems appropriate now that I think of it. LOL hugs,
Tina

NicciN said...

I just posted mine at my blog.

Grandy said...

I think you've gone and given yourself 2 splashes of panache lovely lady! ;)

storyteller said...

Tina Coruth – How funny … I certainly ‘relate’ to feeling ‘lost’ at times. Thanks for giving it a go regardless.

Yertle – I appreciate the linky-love and enjoyed reading your results at Smile, Play, Dream.

Grandy – Hahaha … you’re too funny for wordz sometimes ;--)

To all – How delightful to find your comments this Saturday afternoon as I’m doing what I can to deal with a backlog of email. Thanks for making MY day! Hope you’re enjoying the weekend.
Hugs and blessings,

kitten said...

Here's mine for kitten
3 parts Daring
2 parts Understanding
1 part Allure

Splash of Intensity

Serve over ice

storyteller said...

Kitten – Thanks for playing along and sharing your results … seems like a good mix to me ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails