Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, May 4, 2009

Mellow Yellow Monday and Today's Flowers

and some Morning Musings too!
Make Time for Small Reflections
This is my 6th Mellow Yellow post
at Small Reflections but I've published 15 Mellow Yellow posts
previously at Happily Retired Gal.
Click collages to embiggen for better viewing
Just because it's been quite a while,
here are a few ...

1. I'm grateful to be healthy and happily living life in the real world ... gardening, walking Molly, taking pictures with my Nikon D60, clearing clutter from my home (and computer), taking classes at Adult School, getting together with friends, keeping in touch with my sister as she travels in Alaska with her husband in their RV, and reading real books again as I used to before becoming a blogger.

2. Long time readers may wonder what's happened to the original 'writer of posts' here, at Sacred Ruminations, and Happily Retired Gal because I've shared mostly photo collages lately. I'm not sure ... but hopefully she'll return one of these days.

3. I realize I've not spent much time visiting other blogs for quite some time and I feel out of touch with many virtual friends out there in the Blogosphere. I hope you're all well & happily living your lives too.

4. Currently cameras and photography hold more of my attention than writing, but a long time friend reminded me that I'm known for changing interests ... yet the one thing to which I consistently return is putting my pencil to the page. She has no worries that this 'photo phase' will pass away eventually and thinks it's keeping my hand 'blogging' until writing resurfaces as a passion.

5. Hopefully, some day soon I'll be ready to open Google Reader and check in with folks I used to visit frequently. Until then ... remember I care about each of you and look forward to reconnecting.

6.
Be advised that I do check comments daily and appreciate all visits even when I don't respond directly.

7. In addition to the awards I've shared on my sidebars and at Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, I wish to pass this along to all my 'followers' ... everyone on my Blog Rolls ... and for those who do visit & leave comments, just because. Feel free to enjoy and share it with others as you choose.



Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"The sun has not caught me in bed in fifty years." Thomas Jefferson

27 comments:

nature ramblings said...

I really enjoyed reading your post today. I have been spending to much time lately reading everyones blogs and not getting as much reading as I would like to. Oh, well, I really enjoy seeing what everyone comes up with to post on the memes. The thought for today is great, wish I could say the same about me! Have a great day!

Mike Golch said...

great posting,thanks for it!

Debo Hobo said...

Thank you for sharing. I like your list of things you like, things to do, things that are happening etc.

Have a great Day!!! :)

Teena in Toronto said...

It's nice to see flowers popping up here.

I played too ;)

VioletSky said...

Lovely golden yellows.
And a nice post.

bobbie said...

Nasturtiums! Love them!
thanks for all your posts and comments.

Carol said...

Beautiful photo collage...I like all the different shades of yellow....

MYM said...

Lovely post and wonderful photos!

Rayne said...

Your post was so peaceful and beautiful today. Just what I needed.

Ana said...

I have an award for you:

http://justana-justana.blogspot.com/2009/04/saturday-award-love-and-friendship.html

Hope you like it.
Love,
Ana

Kahshe Cottager said...

I understand .. I seem to be changing directions in my life at the moment too and as a result my blogging activity has slowed down considerably.

Love the nasturtiums. I hope to plant some this summer as well.

Jo, a retired teacher said...

I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy your camera and we'll continue to enjoy your pictures.

Tracy said...

Those golden nasturtiums are dazzling! I'm a new visitor/friend here and am enjoying your posts at all your blogs very much. :o) Happy Days!

Hootin Anni said...

BEAUTiful flowers!!!! I always love stopping by here and viewing your wonderful blossom collages!! Today, I have an update on my Sister's Day hibiscus.

Have a glorious week.

Joy Des Jardins said...

I'm glad I came by to read your post today Virginia. I truly understand what you are going through in your blogging life. I had been thinking about you a lot and today's post definitely helps me understand what's been happening with you. We all go through these periods in blogging...I'm kind of in one now. We do have to take the time to sort things out in our lives; and believe it or not, sometimes that DOESN'T include blogging. Know that I'm thinking about you and miss you.... Love, Joy

Karen said...

Hmm...not sure that I vibe with the Jefferson quote--I find that occasionally (and that's even less occasional since the advent of my child), a day spent in bed with piles of books and magazines, cups of tea, and a few snacks, is EXACTLY what's needed to rejuvenate...

Ana said...

Virginia,
This is the avatar I use to visit you and this the my blog where I have you on my blog list.
I've already copied a beautiful photo you did and published at the beginning of this blog.
I'm glad you liked the award.
:)
Love,

Ana

Anonymous said...

An explosion of yellow! Amazing work, nice to see it in Bloom!

EG CameraGirl said...

Nasturtiums are among my favourite annuals. They are especially cheerful in yellow.

You'll likely continue to enjoy your photography. At times it's great to think in pictures as well as in words.

RA said...

Wonderful post! I love the photos and do relate a lot to your morning musings :). Have a great day.

DeniseinVA said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Connie said...

Your flowers are all very pretty. Great mellow yellows.

The word "embiggen" made me laugh. Is that a word? HA HA!

Hope you have a great day! :D

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Any yellow flower is my fave.

Paz

lv2scpbk said...

Good pick for Mellow Yellow.

Mary said...

Enjoy whatever you decide to do! I started my blog because I love to write....it is now a photo blog and I have 2 others photo blogs and only one that I write in...my Bible Study blog. Obviously, I like to take photos, too! Fewer people like to read my writing, so I keep it to myself and am just as happy. You either blog for an audience....something I never started out to do....or you blog for yourself. I find most bloggers have a short attention span for writing...but that is fine. We all have too little time for all the things we want to see and read on the internet. Blogs eat up way too much of my time and sooner or later, I will have to figure out a way to cut some things off.

Martha said...

I played along on Mellow Yellow Monday after seeing it here - my entry was late so it's not on the list - it was another combo entry.

I change interests too and also ways that I blog - it's just life :-)

Have a great weekend!

Mary (MPJ) said...

I am catching up with you in one of my periodic blog reading flurries. I'm glad you've been enjoying your offline life and hope all is well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails