Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, November 17, 2008

Morning Musings - The Pink Sisterhood

Make Time for Small Reflections
NaBloPoMo-Day17
See also my Monday Motivator at Sacred Ruminations.
and my 'Giving Thanks Challenge List' in the sidebar to the right.
Scroll down for The Pink Sisterhood Meme.
I found this Quiz at Monique's ... and couldn't resist, though it's been sitting in 'drafts' for a while now. Today seems like a good time to share, just because.
Your Passion is Pink!

You're the type of woman that would never get described as passionate...

Oh but you can be passionate at times - you just don't let it show.

Your passion most shows through in your sweet and optimistic attitude.

And chances are, most people are very passionate about you!
What Type of Passionate Woman Are You?
If you decide to take this quiz
please leave your results in comments
or a link to where I can find them on your blog.

It reminds me of something I've been meaning to share and today seems like a good time. I found this at Hootin' Anni's who was tagged by Antoinette for the Pink Sisterhood Meme. She wrote:

"I’ve lost several friends through Breast Cancer. We can only hope that there will always be funds enough to keep the research going. Some illnesses can never be cured, but there’s been so much progress in Cancer Research that many people have been saved.
One of the most important things is Early Detection. Read more about that here.

* One in eight women or 12.6% of all women will get breast cancer in her lifetime.

* Breast cancer risk increases with age and every woman is at risk.

* Every 13 minutes a woman dies of breast cancer.

* Seventy-seven percent of women with breast cancer are over 50.

* Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in women between the ages of 15 and 54, and the second cause of cancer death in women 55 to 74.

* Risks for breast cancer include a family history, atypical hyperplasia, early menstruation (before age 12), late menopause (after age 55), current use or use in the last ten years of oral contraceptives, and daily consumption of alcohol.

* Early detection of breast cancer, through monthly breast self-exam and particularly yearly mammography after age 40, offers the best chance for survival."

Facts taken from Women’s Health

And now here is the tag and the rules:

1. Put the logo in your blog.

2. Add a link to the person who shared it with you.

3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs

4. Add your link to the list of participants below

5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.

PINK Sisterhood

1- Fara 2- Massy 3- N.O.Y 4- Mariuca 5- A Great Pleasure 6- LadyJava 7- Kim 8- Pink Thoughts 9- Turn-u-Off 10- Roxiticus Desperate Housewives 11- STAY AT HOME MOM 12- Fida Abbott 13- Also Mommy 14- Janice Ng 15- Juliana’s Site 16- The Painted Veil 17- Heart of Rachel 18- Mga Muni-muni 19-Picture Clusters 20- Scraps of Mind 21- Antoinette 22 - Hootin' Anni 23 - storyteller

I usually 'invite' participation rather that 'tag' and today is no exception ... please join 'the Pink Sisterhood' if you choose and leave me a link when you do.

In addition, today I'd like to tag:

Tammy of A Little Girl Talk and Mom Knows Everything
Ivanhoe at Communique by Ivanhoe
Akelamalu of Everything and Nothing
Grandy of Functional Shmunctional
Karen of Journey to Authenticity
Kitten of Kitten's Homeschool
Mary of Mary's Writing Nook
Joyce of Mom's Musings
Alison of RDH Mom
Yertle at Smile, Play, Dream
Joy of the Joy of Six
Mama Zen at the Zen of Motherhood

Small Reflections ... Smile Back!
If you decide to participate, please leave me a link
so I can visit you & those you 'tag' or invite ;--)
Isn't it time?
Thought for Today
"Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister." Alice Walker

14 comments:

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

A very thoughtful post. I love the little photo at the end! Such a cute kiddo with a great message!

Akelamalu said...

Of course I'll join in, though it make take me a couple of weeks to post as I have some commitments. :)

Momisodes said...

My Passion is Purple!
You've got a ton of passion, but you don't always wear it on your sleeve.
If something truly excites you, you let your inner intensity shine through.
But otherwise, your passion tends to morph into energy ... which you never lack.
You're a balanced woman, knowing when to turn on the fire in your heart.

Thanks so much for posting.
I just LOVE that banner for a cure for breast cancer.

Unknown said...

I just love the little girl with the pink hat. :) And yep, we need a cure before she grows boobs. :)

Karen said...

Well...I tried to put "Pink Sisterhood" in my sidebar...and it's actually there...but....

Okay, it's a bit cut off--I'll try to fix it tomorrow, and even if I can't, I think the message comes through!!

My passion is red--apparently I have a "good dose of intensity, power and determination." I won't say it's untrue. ;)

Oh, and by the way--I went to Sacred Ruminations first, and though the banner comes up, there's no content whatsoever. I don't know if the fault is at my end or yours.

Eve said...

My Passion is Purple.

kitten said...

I have mine up. Maybe things will slow down and I'll have more time later.

Eve said...

I forgot - here's my link: http://adamswife.wordpress.zazzysmilies.com/?p=759

Maude Lynn said...

I'm Pink, too! And, I'll definitely do the tag.

Mom Knows Everything said...

Thank you for the tag. I already did this one on both blogs but I'll do them again. :o)

Betty said...

Thank you for sharing the facts about breast cancer. It's a scary thing. We have a woman at church who has a very rare form of breast cancer where only 2 or 3 percent of every 3000 women who get this are actually able to survive it.

I've been home all day today for a change and am getting caught up on visiting. I also did a post for today. I hope you have time to visit.

Joyce said...

I love the picture of the little girl in the pink hat, and of course the sentiment on her shirt.

I'm sorry I can't make time to be 'tagged' just now, Friend. I have a houseful of 'sickies' and the silliness to think I must blog everyday, too!

Maybe in a week or so I can come back to this!

Alison said...

thank you so much...I am very honored and happy to participate in this.. I will definitely do it this weekend.

Grandy said...

Welcome to the sistahood, Storyteller! Thanks so much for the tag.

I actually did this one in October with http://functionalshmunctional.blogspot.com/2008/10/goin-pink-for-girls.html.

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails