Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, September 22, 2008

Fun Monday #23 and more ... just because ;--)

Make Time for Small Reflections
Heather of Heather's Recipes is our hostess and writes:
"The topic: Sports. More specifically, the sports team that you are rabid about. Maybe you love the Dallas Cowboys. Maybe you never miss a Cincinnati Reds game. Perhaps you follow every goal of the Fighting Illini Water Polo team. Or maybe nobody can tear you away from a Manchester United game. I want to hear about whatever sports team(s) that make you cry tears of joy when they win and tears of sorrow when they lose.

And on the flip side, I also want to hear about the teams you love to hate and why you hate them so much. You know what I mean. Like when you meet a new friend who is really cool and fun, and then you find out they root for your most hated rival team and you actually consider for a moment that you can't be friends anymore. Those teams.

That's it. And if you don't like any sports at all, I don't know what to say to you. Tell us something else you are impassioned about."
Anyone who has followed this blog for a while knows I'm a 'tennis fan' ... and I do blog about the 4 'major' tournaments as they occur. Other than the Olympics, I'm not much 'into' other sports ... team or otherwise.

This week (while the Ryder Cup Golf Tournament was played in the Louisville, Kentucky), Davis Cup Tennis Semi-Finals matches were played in Spain: USA vs Spain and Russia vs Argentina.

In 2007, USA won it's 32nd Davis Cup title (first in 12 years), defeating Russia (4-1) in the 'final' ... held in the United States for the first time since 1992 ... and 2008 was USA's third straight semi-final appearance. Unfortunately, the USA team lost this week, so Spain moves on to the 'final's (scheduled for Nov. 21-23) against whoever wins between Russia & Argentina. Historically the US team has done well in Davis Cup ... winning the very 1st title in 1920 and holding on to the trophy through 1926.
Click for others participating this week.

You Are the Innovator

You're the type of person who is always a step ahead of everyone else. I'm not sure this is still the case, though once upon a time it certainly was true of me.

You thrive when you're experimenting with new designs, ideas, and attitudes. Yup ... this is definitely right on.

You are a creative person with many talents. You have to have artistic outlets in your life. Although I've never thought of myself as 'artistic' ... I do believe I'm a creative person ... blessed with many talents.

You need to create - whether it's writing furiously or redecorating your home. If not, your life becomes chaotic. I do write furiously, but I'm not into 'decorating' (anything other than my blogs).

You tire of doing the same thing every day. You change your job, friends, and personal style often. Yep ... this has ALWAYS been true of me.

You are at your best when you have a focus. If not, you develop a flaky artist's temperament. Methinks this may be true as well.
What Role Do You Play?

In case you missed yesterday's post, I shared a different 'Blogthing' (along with my Unconscious Mutterings) and a couple of 'awards' that I created in Photoshop Elements & am looking for 'feedback' about ... if you have a little spare time to check them out.
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"I thought lacrosse was what you find in la church."
~Robin Williams

24 comments:

Ali said...

I love the Robin Williams quote! Congratulations on the Ryder Cup win. Next year .... ;-)

SwampAngel65 said...

You'd think I'd be more into tennis than I am, since we have the Sony Ericcson Tournament here every year. But I just can't get into it. I've tried. Maybe it's because my tennis coach in college would yell, "FOUR!" everytime I'd hit a back hand???

Your awards are cute. I like the "What's going on?"...that's one I can see being given out ALOT! And, as far as the unlikely friends, I like the top pic best. The puppy just looks a little sweeter in that first one...IMHO.

kitten said...

My little girl is into tennis.
I did your blog things and put it on my blog. I was the Guru. LOL! Only 1/2 way right. hehehehehe~

Hootin Anni said...

I was hoping for MORE tennis photos!! I DO know you love your tennis and remember how you followed the Olympics.

Happy Fun Monday.

kitten said...

I went ahead and told Heather I wanted to play in FM. I have mine up.

Maude Lynn said...

That Robin Williams quote is hilarious!

Tag!

Heather said...

I love tennis, too! It started when I was a little girl and my parents took me to Wimbledon. I actually got to see Jimmy connors and John McEnroe!

I also am an Olympics addict. My kids know they won't get to watch much tv during the two weeks of teh Olympics!

Thanks for playing this week!

Debs said...

When I was little I thought the object of tennis was to keep the ball from the man close to the net. I think it is a judge or something.

I miss playing tennis.

Karen said...

I'm an innovator, too--some of it's true, some not...

I love that picture by the way--it makes me want to sit down and chat...

Ivanhoe said...

I thought for sure I'll be the same. But no, I'm a Warrior:
You feel that it's your role to defend and protect society.
You'll fight for what's right, and you especially like fighting for the underdog. (this part is true)

You love getting things done, especially if it means working with your hands. (yup)
You also have a great mind for strategy... whether it's military strategy, legal strategy, or chess. (I don't think so, I'm awfull at chess)

You love being challenged, and you love challenging others. (yup) You are eager to prove how powerful you are. (nope)
You are ready for a (literal or figurative) fight at any time. Maybe a little too ready. (gosh, this so so not true, I hate fights)

Alison said...

I have never been much of a tennis fan, I could never play very well either!!

Mom Knows Everything said...

Don't have a clue about tennis, but I like Robin Williams.

Akelamalu said...

I do try to watch Wimbledon but that's the only tennis I watch. My SIL is like you and just watches all the tennis on TV!

Mary said...

Storyteller,

My favorite sport, though I don't watch it often, is baseball. I do play it with the boys. LOL

I did the quiz and I'm also an innovator. Enjoyed the fun.

I'm glad you enjoyed the photos of the Apple Festival.

Take care and have a great week.
Blessings,
Mary

ChrisB said...

I don't need to tell you we are a tennis family. We both got disappointed with the Davis Cup ties this weekend!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a fun quiz. I think I'll give it a try. I'm on my way over there this very minute.

Anonymous said...

Tennis is fun to watch. I'm trying to get BG into a peewee tennis league but it won't be until next summer - we missed it this year.

O well. Happy Fun Monday!

jsi said...

We invested far too much time this weekend to the Ryder Cup and the Davis Cup...and losing.

I really enjoy following tennis, too. It is so exciting.
Thanks for sharing!

Lachurche - HAH!

NicciN said...

How fun. Just posted my role on my blog.

Anonymous said...

I played tennis in middle school but never followed it professionally. I enjoy watching it when I do -but it isn't very often.

Momisodes said...

I found this amusing....but I'm a Storyteller! :)
"You have a way with words, and you love hearing yourself talk.
You are at your best when you have an audience, and you can carry on a conversation with anyone."

storyteller said...

Ali – Me too … and thanks. I watched to see what the USA team would do without Tiger and they certainly did rise to the occasion this year. It’s been a long dry spell for America ;--)

SwampAngel65 – Hahaha … a college tennis coach with a sense of humor? Pretty funny! Thanks for the specific feedback about my new ‘creations’ … I actually hadn’t thought of using the ‘What’s going on’ in that way, but the possibilities are running in my mind now. I’m sorry to be dense, but I have no idea what IMHO means. Help me out, please?

Kitten – Tennis is a wonderful game. I played from the age of 12 (when my big brother taught me how) well into my 40s and occasionally think about taking it up again even now. Thanks for playing along with the Blogthing and posting your results. I wanted to be a ‘Guru’ … sigh! Thanks for returning to let me know you’d decided to do Fun Monday after all. I enjoyed both of your posts ;--)

Hootin’ Anni – Sorry to disappoint. Methunk folks might have had enough tennis photos for a while … seriously!

Mama Zen – I thought it ‘reflected’ my knowledge of ‘sports’ in general quite well … and I always enjoy generating laughter.

Debs – Misconceptions can be most entertaining. I miss playing tennis too.

Karen – Thanks for playing along and sharing … one more thing we have in common. Yup … the reason I have those blue chairs in my front yard is to generate that feeling and encourage folks to sit a while and chat. I wish you lived close enough to drop by for real.

Ivanhoe – Interesting! I love how you shared your comments along with the specific results of this Blogthing. Thanks so much.

Alison – It’s okay … that’s how I feel about most sports.

Tammy – Many people don’t ‘get’ tennis … most like Robin Williams ;--)

Akelamalu – Seems like your SIL and I would have much to chat about!

Mary – Thanks for dropping by and playing along. It’s always good to see you out and about in the Blogosphere.

Chris B – Yup … Davis Cup was a disappointment wasn’t it. I wish they televised those matches so we could watch.

Michelle – I’m glad and I’ll look forward to seeing your results when I visit later on (after my PSE6 class) today.

MommyWizdom – I certainly enjoy watching the game. Hope BG enjoys playing next year.

JSI – Welcome to Fun Monday! Davis Cup was a disappointment, but the Ryder Cup success an unexpected pleasure … especially w/o Tiger playing. The USA certainly rose the occasion this year.

Yertle – Ah … I love how you always participate and leave linky-love too. Thanks ;--)

KarmynR – It’s good to know I’m not the only ‘tennis fan’ around. I didn’t watch it much either until I retired and had more ‘discretionary’ time. LOL

Sandy (of Momisodes) – Well now that IS amusing isn’t it? I had no clue there WAS a ‘storyteller’ result, but I may need to try this Blogthing again to ‘test’ MY results … or change my ‘handle’ here in the Blogosphere. LOL

To all – I do so love finding comments and appreciate you each taking the time to visit and share like this. If I’ve not visited your blog yet, I’ll do my best to drop by this afternoon when I return from my PSE6 class … but I’ve got to fix myself some breakfast and get myself ready to leave very soon. Here’s wishing all of you a delightful day!
Hugs and blessings,

Michelle said...

You're very welcome. I always like to play along.

storyteller said...

Michelle
Hmmm … good to know ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails