Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Unconscious Mutterings #21 and more ...

Make Time for Small Reflections
Scroll down for Unconscious Mutterings
Camera Critters, Photo Hunt, Weekend Whimsies, awards and more are in yesterday's post. A new meme, Sunrise-Sunset, is at Sacred Ruminations this morning ... along with BYBS#18 and Sacred Life Sunday. I'm looking forward to watching TENNIS this afternoon ... and again on Monday since matches were 'rained out' yesterday when Hannah moved through the New York area. The women's final (with Serena Williams vs Jelena Jankovic) will be played tonight after the remaining men's semi-final between Rafa Nadal and Andy Murray is completed. Rain halted play yesterday in the 3rd set ... just as Rafa (who got off to an uncharacteristically slow start) was beginning to 'find' his game. The winner will play Roger Federer for the title on Monday. I'm hoping Rafa manages a miracle and comes back from 2 sets down ... something he's done before ... because I'd like to see him play Federer again.

I'm participating for the 21st time today.
How about you?

What comes to YOUR mind?

If you'd like to play here, copy and paste the clues in comments along with your responses ... or post on your blog and let me know so I can visit ;--)

Here are MY responses: I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. House :: I confess I thought of Hugh Laurie first, but I love my little 'house' at the beach too.
  2. Think :: BEFORE you speak or act.
  3. Clot :: ted cream (something Judy recently suggested for my strawberries). Methinks it's an 'English' tradition with 'tea & scones' too.
  4. Believe me :: or check things out for yourself.
  5. Fumigation :: termites & fleas
  6. Bore :: drill (to create a hole or space)
  7. Luck :: find a penny ... pick it up ;--)
  8. Patient :: calm and steadfast in the face of challenges
  9. Tremors :: earthquakes
  10. Pickles :: Gerkins
Your turn: I say ... and YOU think ...?
  1. House ::
  2. Think ::
  3. Clot ::
  4. Believe me ::
  5. Fumigation ::
  6. Bore ::
  7. Luck ::
  8. Patient ::
  9. Tremors ::
  10. Pickles ::
Click for others muttering today.
Thanks to Mike Golch of Rambling Stuff for sharing this award with me yesterday. Apparently it comes with 'rulez' ... so I'll try to follow them today (for a change):
1. Only five people allowed.
2. Four have to be dedicated followers of your blog.
3. One has to be someone new or recently new to your blog and live in another part of the world.
4. You must link back to whoever gave you the award.

With these rules in mind ... I bestow this Million Dollar Friend Award (from Mike) on the following friends:
Akelamalu at Everything and Nothing
Joy of the Joy of Six
Karen of Journey to Authenticity
Tina of Tina's Odds and Ends
and
ChrisB of Ms Cellania
Check out today's post at Sacred Ruminations too
for a new meme along with my regular Sunday posts & awards.

Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"We are never prepared for what we expect."
~
James A. Michener, Caravans

13 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I do the mutterings in a minuit t twenty.
I'm glad that you enjoy the award that I gave you.

jlshall said...

Great mutterings! We had a couple of similar thoughts. And I'm also hoping for another Rafa/Roger match.

Shirl said...

Great mutterings, and i like your blog!

Akelamalu said...

Congrats on the award and thank you so much for sharing it with me, I'll post it up soon and will be sure to follow the rules. :)

Love the mutterings.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I love that you did whole thoughts and sentences - I'll have to keep that in mind. And yes clotted cream is an English or at least a European thing.

ChrisB said...

You will have to forgive me for wanting Andy Murray to win but I think the break will actually favour Nadal who did not look at all comfortable in those first two sets.

Thank You for the sharing your award with me. You know how bad I am at rules so I'll need to give this some thought before I pass it on! LOL

storyteller said...

Mike Golch – Wow … that’s pretty speedy. I do appreciate the ALL the awards you’ve shared.

JLSHall – I checked your Sunrise-Sunset, but didn’t notice ‘mutterings’ so I’ll need to drop by again when I finish responding to comments … before the tennis matches … though methinks Women’s Doubles is being recorded by my DVR right now ;--)

Shirl – Thanks on both counts. I’ll be by to check yours in a little while.

Akelamalu – Thanks and you’re welcome. As for following the rulez … feel free to do what works for you. It’s been a long time since I’ve followed ANY rulez … so today was an exception for me. As for the purse meme … I’m thinking I might do it Monday because the Fun Monday prompt asks us to write ‘fiction’ … something I find as challenging as Wordzzls … seriously!

Tamy – How interesting … I’m always amazed that participants can respond with a single word (or two) … something that eludes me most of the time. I’m glad you enjoyed my mutterings today.

ChrisB – Of course I do! If Andy Roddick was in this semi-final I’d certainly be pulling for HIM against Rafa. That said … I’d like to see another match like the last Wimbledon Championship … though I’m really HOPING Roger will win for the 6th year running … just because he’s had such a challenging year after the ‘mono.’ As for sharing the award … see my response to Akelamalu above and feel free to follow your own guidance. I’m terrible at following rulez when it comes to sharing these awards … broke them BIG time when I shared Kitten’s award last week on Tuesday (and a whole bunch of awards recently at Sacred Ruminations too).

To all – I appreciate all of you taking time to drop by Small Reflections and share your thoughts this morning. Hope you’re each having a delightful day!
Hugs and blessings,

Mary said...

Storyteller,

I saw where Mike had passed the award along to you and you are most deserving.

Enjoyed your mutterings. Sorry I haven't been by in a while. Renovations are driving me crazy. LOL

Blessings,
Mary

Maude Lynn said...

I thought of Hugh Laurie, too!

Joyce said...

Hi, Storyteller,
I'll just play here. :)
House :: home
Think :: before you speak
Clot :: blood
Believe me :: when I say . . .
Fumigation :: extermination of pests
Bore :: drill, dentist
Luck :: make your own
Patient :: a virtue
Tremors :: Parkinson's disease
Pickles :: cucumber chips (my favorite!)
Have a lovely evening!

storyteller said...

Mary’s Writing Nook – I can imagine. I remember how chaotic it was when I had work done on my house a while back.

Mama Zen – Ya know what they say about ‘great mindz’ … right? LOL

Joyce – Thanks for ‘muttering along’ in comments. I love ‘home’ for house … dunno why it didn’t occur to me. I don’t think I know what ‘cucumber chips’ are, but ‘making one’s own luck’ makes sense to me. Reminds me of the saying that luck is where opportunity meets preparation ;--)

To all – I appreciate you dropping by and sharing your thoughts. Hope you’ve had a marvelous Monday.
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

I always love these!
1. House :: Doctor
2. Think :: pause
3. Clot :: blood
4. Believe me :: liar
5. Fumigation :: bugs
6. Bore :: drill
7. Luck :: four leaf cover
8. Patient :: hospital
9. Tremors :: Kevin Bacon
10. Pickles :: potato chips

Now I have to go read your answers. :)

storyteller said...

Lisa’s Chaos – Thanks for ‘muttering’ along in comments here at Small Reflections. I love 'muttering' too. You’re the second person who responded ‘potato chips’ to ‘pickles’ … something I never would have thought of on my own! Hope you’re having a wonderful week.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails