Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, September 26, 2008

HF#77 Creating and Sharing New Awards/Graphics


Make Time for Small Reflections
See also SkyWatch#12/HF#76 at Sacred Ruminations
Experimenting with
Photoshop Elements ... I've
created a few

logos & awards
starting with the one above.
What fun! See a few ...













Fun Monday logos
followed by 'Motivators'
for my other blog.


























Weekend Whimsies and
Friday Fun followed by my
Whimsical We'nesday

































next two T-13s ...
finally two new awards
in dif'rent versions,





shared previously
here and here as I asked for
feedback from readers.










Setting up a post
in Blogger like this with text
and graphics is most











challenging but with
persistence I've pulled it off
(sort of) ... and if you














leave me feedback in

'comments' you are welcome to
snag whatever's here

to use if you'd like ...
and/or pass them on to your
'bloggy buddies' too.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Finally, on another topic ...
Vixen blessed me with
this delightful 'friends' award
and I'd like to share

it specifically
with the 20 'followers'
of Small Reflections.

I appreciate
you keeping 'tabs' on what I
create & share here.

Thank You All!
For others participating in Haiku Friday this week go to A Mommy Story.
(To see my previous Haikus, click on the Haiku Friday label below this post or in the sidebar under About Me where you'll find a 'directory' of my Haikus on both blogs).
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open." ~John Barrymore

12 comments:

Honey Mommy said...

Nice graphics!

I am learning to use photoshop and I love it! There is so much you can do.

Akelamalu said...

So many beautiful awards and I absolutely love the one you've given your 'followers'as I am one of them. Thankyou so much. x

Linda said...

You've done a great job with these graphics. And, thank you for the award you made for your followers!!

Unknown said...

I really need to get Photoshop. Love the work, snagged a Beach buddy award.
My haiku is up at the Author's Lounge.

Mike Golch said...

just stopped by to say Hi. Hope that you are having a great day!

Hootin Anni said...

AWESOME logo buttons!!! You're really gettin' the hang of graphic design. Way to go.

Happy weekend to you.

Joyce said...

Good Afternoon, Storyteller. :)

The graphics are all lovely. I especially like the Thursday Thirteen with the black and white background, but colorful flower; quite nice!

Ari_1965 said...

I love the yellow lab pup one.

Betty said...

I was thinking about asking you if I could have two or three of your logos for my own use when I read where I could if I would leave a comment here.

I like them all. I admire your intelligence and skill to be able to do all these fun, neat things.

Thanks, Storyteller.

storyteller said...

Honey Mommy – Isn’t that the truth! I’ve owned several versions of Photoshop Elements for more than a decade but until I started the classes this past Spring … I didn’t really use it for anything other than ‘organizing’ and ‘tagging’ pictures. It’s AMAZING what can be done with the tools available.

Akelamalu – Thanks for your kind words … and I’m glad you like the award. I appreciate you ‘following’ my little blog ;--)

Linda – Thanks to YOU … and you’re most welcome.

SassyMamaBear – You make such nifty graphics that I’m surprised you don’t have Photoshop. I’m wondering what program you use to create yours … maybe Paint? Glad you liked the Beach Buddy award enough to ‘snag’ a copy. I’m trying to remember if I visited the Author’s Lounge and read your Haiku … so I’ll check in a little while when I finish responding to comments.

Mike Golch – Thanks. I always appreciate your visits and hope you’re feeling better.

Hootin’ Anni – Hmmm … high praise from the Queen of Graphics herself! LOL Actually, I wish I was ‘artistic enough’ to create original drawings … but I’ll ‘settle’ for using available images & ‘arranging’ them to please myself.

Joyce – Thanks … and you’re more than welcome to use the T-13 graphic if you’d like.

Ari_1965 – It’s one of my favorites too.

Betty – I’m flattered you like them enough to want to ‘snag & use’ a few … and I’ll enjoy seeing them on your blog when you do so. Methinks it’s more ‘determination’ than anything else that leads me to figure these things out. LOL

To all – Thanks so much for dropping by and sharing your feedback. I do so enjoy the ‘connections’ we share in this ‘virtual’ world. Hope you’ve all enjoyed your weekend and wish for each of you a wonderful week ahead.
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

ok, i'm late, but i'll take the thank you for being a friend in your virtual world and for stopping by *winky winky*

it's really kind of sad this blogging thing has lagged behind but it will get better. i started the first week traveling and then the 2nd doing about 12 hour days then just laid out flat over the weekend resting. when i get acclimated, you'll see me more. we'll do lunch or something when we both have time.

really enjoyed viewing your talents here - you're getting really good *jumping for joy*

have a great week my friend and thx for the beautiful gift. *huggies ~n blessings* back to you.

storyteller said...

Chuckie – Hey you ;--)
Thanks for dropping by for a quick ‘Howdy-Do’ ... (and some kudos too). I know you’re busy with other things and I certainly wish you well on everything! FYI – I left another award for my bloggy buddies (this one’s animated) on Monday’s Morning Musings too … so whenever time permits you can click the link to retrieve it.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails