Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, November 8, 2008

PhotoHunt#29 and more ...

NaBloPoMo-Day8
Note: Haiku Friday #87 is in the next post. If you're looking for Sky Watch #19 or Haiku Friday #88 ... you'll find them at Sacred Ruminations.
This is my 29th
This week's theme is Together
I know this isn't an original photo, but when I thought about today's theme earlier this week ... these videos are what came to mind & after the election ... nothing else compared. Whether or not you've seen them before, they're reminders of this moment in history. The first is all the more poignant because it was created in 3 days by Will.i.am after Obama's 'Primary' defeat to Hillary in New Hamshire. I hadn't seen the second one until this morning when I went looking for the code for the first. A new Will.i.am video was featured on the Oprah Show yesterday and is available at iTunes today.





ZeFrank has begun a campaign with Obama supporters reaching out to McCain supporters to work together.
Look what Kitten shared last week with her friends!
I want to thank her for this lovely award and for the song she shared with it on her blog as I pass this along to all MY friends with the same song below ... just because.

Enjoy ...

If you missed them, click for my Blog Blasts for Peace:
Sacred Ruminations- The Strength of Gentleness
Small Reflections-A Revolution of Music,
Blog Rolls & Bling - What if?
(a Colorful Alternative to Bombs)
and shared by me last June:

Thirteen Thoughts on the Topic of Peace
Peace in Every Step
Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today

"The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart." Elisabeth Foley

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I can't stop pinching myself, I was glad to see your choice for this week's theme!

Anonymous said...

This week's theme really is great...Happy hunting...

Joy Des Jardins said...

I love that video Virginia....just wonderful....and inspiring...just like Barack Obama.

kitten said...

Very good job!
You are very welcome sweetie! You deserved that award more than you know!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Akelamalu said...

I can't see the pictures for some reason. :(

Betty said...

Congratulations on your award. Nice video and very inspiring.

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

Great post for together and congrats on your well deserved award.

Mom Knows Everything said...

Sorry I haven't been around the last few days. Things have been so stressful and busy that there isn't enough time in the day to get everything done.

Joyce said...

Growing separately without growing apart is a wonderful thought.

Hope you have a blessed Sunday. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails