Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, January 2, 2009

HF #103 - Reflecting as I catch up & share awards

Make Time for Small Reflections
Haiku Sky Watch Friday is at Happily Retired Gal
The rose bush is currently blooming in my yard.
Click to embiggen for better viewing

Friday morning brings
thoughts of Haiku to my mind ...
Year end reflections

remind me of two
awards I've received but not
yet acknowledged so

I begin this morn
writing about about Clara and
Akelamalu.

On December 27th Clara of Coming Back to Life wrote:
"Patricia at Subjective Soup has given me an award! Thank you, Patricia. I'm honored that you believe my blog meets the criteria.

1 proximidade award image
Here are the rules for the Proximidade Award:
"This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY--nearness in space, time, and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who will choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
I'm passing this award on to these wonderful bloggers."
  1. Ciara of Diary of a Thick Chick
  2. Leigh of Eternal Flux
  3. Tammy of Crazy Mom 4 Boys
  4. Mikki of Here's What Let's Do
  5. Ida of Losing Myself
  6. Storyteller of Small Reflections
  7. Christie O. of Baby Tea Leaves
  8. Danelle of Alberts Family

Then ...on December 29th Akelamalu of Everything and Nothing wrote this in Friends:


"Riverpoet (Poetic License) gave me the above award just before Christmas, she said:
Akelamalu over at Everything and Nothing for her continued comments even when I don't make it over to her place on a regular basis

Well I have to tell Riverpoet it's entirely my pleasure!
This is the thinking behind this particular award:
These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

So, in the spirit in which it was given I hereby pass it on to the following, in no particular order, fellow bloggers who show the spirit of friendship as detailed above.
Cloudia (Comfort Spiral)
Flowerpot (Flowerpot Days)
Storyteller (Small Reflections)
Ron (Vent)

If you don't already visit them do yourself a favour and drop in, you won't be sorry."
As you can see ... they've EACH selected this blog as one of their recipients and I wish to say THANK YOU to Clara & Akelamalu for sharing these lovely awards with me and I always appreciate the 'linky-luv' too!

Everyone who knows
me will no doubt recall I
do not follow rulez

very well at all ...
thus I offer both of these
awards to all who

visit and leave me
a comment and possibly
even more as they

check out earlier
posts I've shared previously
that might have been missed.

Here are a few from the past week:
    Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure." Oprah Winfrey

7 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Congratulations on both awards m'dear - you deserve them. :)

Sandee said...

Congratulations on your awards. You do indeed deserve them.

Have a terrific day and weekend. Big hug. :)

Michelle said...

Congrats on the award. Well deserved! Have a wonderful weekend.

Maude Lynn said...

Congratulations on the awards!

RW said...

Congrats on your awards! And here is one more Lend me your ear I have a award for you (Click Here)

Hootin Anni said...

The awards given to you are perfect.

I'm so far behind on visiting you and other blogger friends, I don't think I'm gonna catch up.

We weren't home yesterday, and when Bud gets up and starts moving, we'll be leaving again....so, I thought I'd take some time to stop by and say 'hey' to some...you're one of the first I visit today.

Have a terrific Weekend!!!

Karen said...

Wonderful--you sooooo deserve them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails