Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, September 29, 2008

Morning Musings ... a meme, and more ...

After publishing my Monday Motivator at Sacred Ruminations earlier this morning, I decided to skip Fun Monday this week.
Alison of RDH Mom is today's host. Clicking on the links here will take you there in case you'd like to participate ... but somehow photographing and/or writing about the state of my closets seemed overwhelming to me ... probably because I'm spending enough time trying to declutter & simplify my surroundings and 'blogging' is a way to 'escape' for a while.

I found this recently at Lightening's A-Z of Me ... who was tagged a little while back by Sharon to do this meme ... saved it in my 'drafts' folder and decided to pull it out today ... just because.

Attached or single? Single (except for Molly & Ms. Kitty) ... and happy

Best Friend? Several ... Carol, Jackie, Marlene to name a few

Cake or Pie? Neither ... but I do enjoy a delightful crème brûlée from time to time

Day of Choice? Now that I'm happily retired, methinks I love them all for different reasons, but for the last few years I taught ... I loved Friday's because that was the day we had uninterrupted sustained silent reading for 30 minutes in each class ;--)

Essential Item? Hmmm ... hard to choose just one ... my morning coffee ... my journal & mechanical pencil ... my laptop.

Flavor of ice cream? Mint chocolate chip

Gummy Bears or Worms? Neither ... I much prefer crunchy snacks to sweets

Hometown? I was born & raised in a small suburb of Los Angeles, but prefer to be 'a nonny mouse' ... so that's as close as I'll come on this one

Indulgences? soaking in a hot bath ...

January or July? January ... we get fewer visitors here at the beach in the winter

Kids? I didn't raise any of my own, but spent 5 years as a Playground Director & 34 years as an Educator

Last Movie I saw in a Theatre? Good question ... I'm not sure I can even remember, but it might have been the original Pirates of the Caribbean film with Johnny Depp & Orlando Bloom. I just don't go to movies any more and only occasionally watch them at home.

Middle Name? Helen

Number of Siblings? I'm the youngest of 3 kids

Oranges or Apples? apples ... Gala or Fuji preferably

Phobia or Fear? I can't think of any phobias ... and I try to keep 'fear' to a minimum by examining & releasing whatever arises ... as often as needed ;--)

Quote? Ah ... there are so many, but the one I used with students most often is: "If you think you can or think you can't, you're right." ... attributed to Henry Ford

Reason to Smile? Oh so many ... living near the ocean, being retired, the company of Molly & Ms. Kitty, and comments on my posts (to name a few)

Season? Spring - I'm optimistic & hopeful for the most part.

Tag five more Ah ... I prefer to 'invite' rather than tag ... so if this appeals to you let me know so that I can read YOUR responses when you share.

Unknown fact about me? I'm stumped ... but if I think of something, I'll add it later

Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animals? I'm sticking with Lightening's response here: "Let me guess, this was composed by a Vegetarian?"

Xrays or Ultrasound? Ultrasound (when given the option)

Your favorite food? Lightening added this: "Do I have to pick only one? No? Good." Methinks I'll leave it and go from here as she did ... just because: I enjoy Italian, Mexican, and Japanese foods when eating out. Around home, the simpler the preparation ... the better.

Zodiac? Pisces for me.

Thanks to Mary of Mary's Writing Nook for this 'kewl' animated award! I need to learn to do this thing myself. In the meantime ...
I would like to present all of my friends with this animated friends button.
Right click and "save as." Since blogger doesn't like animated graphics, upload it to Photobucket, copy and paste the HTML code that's provided there to place it on your blog.
AnimatedAward
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"I think of life itself now as a wonderful play that I've written for myself, and so my purpose is to have the utmost fun playing my part." Shirley MacLaine

12 comments:

kitten said...

I dod this meme here while back.
Here is the link... http://kittens-homeschool.blogspot.com/2008/08/looky-at-what-i-got.html
Congrats on the award!

Joyce said...

Good afternoon, Storyteller!

I very much enjoyed your "A to Z" meme. It's fun to discover new facts about friends. Your cheery outlook is a delight, also.

I'll pass on this meme today, but will let you know if I decide to tackle it sometime.:)

Momisodes said...

I had to LOL at your response to the vegetarian question :) I loved reading this list about you. I love some crème brûlée as well!

Mary said...

Storyteller,

I enjoyed your meme. It's always nice to learn a bit more about our blogging friends.

Hope all is well with you and that you have a great week.

Blessings,
Mary

Michelle said...

I enjoyed this meme. I think I learned a few new things about you. Thanks for sharing the friend button. You're a sweetie.

Unknown said...

What a cool button! Love the A-Z meme! So much information! :)

Betty said...

I enjoyed reading your answers to the meme.

Congratulations on your award and thank you for passing it on to me.

storyteller said...

Kitten – Thanks for the reminder. I knew I’d seen this one before somewhere else, but couldn’t remember where. I suspect it was yours. I’m glad you enjoyed the award and got it to display in your sidebar so quickly.

Joyce – I’m happy that you enjoyed the meme and my ‘cheery’ outlook. Twenty-six items is a bunch, but since I decided to skip Fun Monday this week … this seemed like a good alternative. I fully understand (and support) your decision to ‘pass’ for now. It’ll be available whenever life slows down a bit for you.

Sandy (of Momisodes) – Actually I ‘borrowed’ that answer from Lightening because it made ME laugh. Glad you found it entertaining too. Maybe one day we’ll meet over crème brûlée … perhaps at Ruths Chris? Theirs is the absolute best!

Mary – Thanks for the visit and your good wishes here. I do so love this animated award and appreciate you sharing it (along with the directions for making it work).

Michelle – You’re most welcome. I’m glad you enjoyed my meme answers and the award.

Lisa – Haha … perhaps TOO MUCH information? I usually limit my ‘memes’ to those with 5-6 questions at a time. I’m not quite sure what got into me today.

Betty – You’re most welcome. I’m always delighted to share.

To everyone – Thanks so much for your visit to my Monday Musings. I hope you’re each enjoying your week and that you have a wonderful day.
Hugs and blessings,

Tink *~*~* said...

Aw, I Love My Friends Too! :D That was so sweet. Thanks for the great little gifty treat - brightened my day!

Tink *~*~*

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gif! Thanks so much for sharing. I will pass it along soon.

Karen said...

What a fun meme--and now I learn a bit more about you (in spite of being a nonny mouse)!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails