Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Heads or Tails #22 - Box

Make Time for Small Reflections
If you're looking for RUBY TUESDAY, it's just below this post.
Check out the PURSE MEME & more, including some awards too.
Hosted by Skittles at Head or Tails
Click for info about how to play
This week's prompt is:
HEADS - Box
Here's a Box Elder and ...
Box Elder Bugs
I can't believe I missed last week
and almost missed today too!
I'm sorry to be so LITERAL today. I prefer to think OUTSIDE THE BOX, but I'm in a rush today ... getting ready for my Photoshop Elements class ... so I 'Googled' these images. I'll visit later when I get home this afternoon. Hope you each have a delightful day!
Click for others participating in HoTs this week.
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"I imagine that yes is the only living thing." e.e cummings

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fascinating post! I had not heard of this type of insect before. I wonder if we have them up here?

My entry is here

Stop by if you have a moment. Have a great week ahead!

Quiet Paths said...

Oh dear, I remember these bugs from my childhood. They used to gather on the house in the fall. They used to creep me out; I haven't seen one for years .....

Unknown said...

just getting a small dose of my friend -- gt a sprained wrist so cant stay long. always nice 2cu tho. *lovies*

Anonymous said...

A bug that matches the tree! How chic is that? LOL Happy Hot.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, Box Elder bugs. I don't miss them much.

Hope you learn something new and fun in class today!

Akelamalu said...

Ugh, I don't like bugs, box(ed) or otherwise!

Mom Knows Everything said...

I've never heard of that tree or bugs before. Great HOT post! :o)

Barb said...

I would love to sit under that tree with a good book and a glass of Lemonade. Not if those bugs were there, though. ;)

Maude Lynn said...

Cool! I love the tree.

Linda said...

We learn so much through blogging!! I didn't do HoT today and didn't post until late. Busy day!

Momisodes said...

Yikes! I hope I never meet that bug face to face.

Hope you had a great class :)

Love the Cummings quote.

Jo, a retired teacher said...

I don't think the box elder bugs that live in Utah look like either of the ones you pictured. I'll see if I can get a picture of one to compare.

They are rather benign bugs. They don't bite, gather in large groups, or move fast enough to be sneaky. Those are all good traits in a bug, as far as I'm concerned.

Betty said...

I like your choices for todays Heads or Tails. Very original.

Hope your week is going good so far.

Hootin Anni said...

I'm going to go do a little bloghopping today in case we are given evacuation notice over the weekend.

I have a Thursday blog scheduled to post tonight at 5PM, and I have a special gift for you then.

storyteller said...

To everyone – I’m delighted you all visited yesterday and shared your thoughts about my ‘last minute’ Box Elder (tree & bugs) HoTs post while I was gone. After class I met a friend … then ran errands … so I got home much later than usual, and (as a result) … I didn’t have time to visit anyone. I do intend to ‘blog hop’ in a little while (after responding to comments and creating a post here.

Sue – I’m happy to have shared something you weren’t aware of.

Quiet Paths – How interesting … thanks for sharing your experience.

Chuckie – Sorry to hear about your wrist, but happy you dropped by to say ‘howdy’ ;--)

Karen (at My Opinion Counts) – I thought it was a fun combination too. I’m glad you found it ‘chic’ LOL

Vixen – Actually … we’re learning about ‘adjustment layers’ and ‘filters’ in PSE class and it’s amazing what dramatic effects can be achieved. I shared a few at Sacred Ruminations this morning if you’d like to see them.

Akelamalu – Heheh … I’m with you! Luv the pun ;--)

Tammy – Thanks. I’m always pleased to share something new and/or enlightening.

Skittles – I’m with you on THAT ;--)

Mama Zen – I thought it was an ‘attractive’ tree too.

Linda – Isn’t that the truth! I do understand BUSY … seems like the story of my life lately.

Sandy C – I do love the PSE classes … though I’m a bit on ‘overload’ and need to find some time to practice so I don’t lose track of all we’re learning before new stuph is introduced. This advanced class is one I might decide to take again … and again. LOL

Jo (a retired teacher) – Thanks for providing a bit more info on these ‘bugs’ … I didn’t have time to do any research and still make it to my class on time, but I’m sure it’s available online.

Betty – What a lovely thing to say! I do TRY to think outside the box for HoTs whenever possible.

Hootin’ Anni – I thought of you yesterday when I heard the storm’s path had shifted. I’m praying for everyone in Ike’s path … hoping for the best. How lovely to anticipate what you might have for me … I can hardly wait ;--)

To all again – Thanks again for your comments and I hope you’re all having a wonderful Wednesday. I'll be visiting in a little while ... as soon as time permits.
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Cool post, Storyteller!! :-)

storyteller said...

Tina Coruth – Thanks … glad you enjoyed it and thanks for stopping by ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails