Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, September 13, 2008

PhotoHunt#21 CameraCritters#25 and lots more

Make Room for Small Reflections
I've merged Photo Hunt & Camera Critters with two photos today. Scroll down for Smiley Saturday #19 and more ... including acknowledgment and passing along of additional awards, Weekend Whimsies (formerly known as Friday Follies) ... and whatever else comes to mind before I press publish and move on to something else this morning. Haiku Friday Sky Watch and another WILD Photo Hunt are both at Sacred Ruminations.
This is my 21st Photo Hunt: WILD
I photographed these baby birds last Spring
in a nephew's yard in Hemet, California
This is my 25thMisty Dawn started the meme and explains the rules here.
Visit others participating in Camera Critters and Photo Hunt this weekend.


Thanks to Mary (of Mary's Writing Nook) for this nifty Autumn Friends Award. I'd like to share it with all those who leave me a comment.

As I mentioned in yesterday's Haiku Friday #73, after finding 'followers' listed in my 'Dashboard'
... I've added the new 'Follow' widget from Blogger in my sidebar (under my profile) and imported some of my 'daily reads' from Google Reader into this new feature to see how that works.
I don't fully understand any of it, but I'm willing to give it a go ... just because. If you'd like to 'follow' any (or all) of my blogs, just click on the link to the right in my sidebar (under My Profile and above the 'avatars' already there) to add yours. This could be fun ;--)

This is my 4th ...

After seeing Weekend Whimsies at Yertle's (of Smile, Play, Dream) a while back, I decided to click the link to Kat's (of Sunshine and Lemonade) and there I discovered she started the ball rolling upon deciding to change Friday Follies to a 'weekend' activity. I decided I'd play along at Small Reflections and invite others to participate either here in comments or to leave a link and share on your own blog. Because I didn't find a 'logo' and because I know how to do that myself now, I created a 'whimsical' one of my own. The last two weeks (for reasons of her own), Kat's gone back to calling these questions Friday Follies, but I'm sticking with Weekend Whimsies ... just because.

1. Thinker or doer? Thinker for the most part these days, though once upon a time I was more of a 'doer'

2. Have you ever performed in public (like music, dance, singing, speeches, etc)? Yes to all of the things mentioned. Did you like it? For the most part, yes ... though not so much any more.

3. Do you have any tattoos? No, not yet. Do you want one? Yes ... someday I plan to get a butterfly tattoo just above my left ankle like the 'air brushed one' I experimented with on a Caribbean Cruise a couple of years ago.

4. What is your favorite museum? The Museum of Technology in San Diego. It has lots of 'interactive' displays with which to experiment and learn.

5. Are you good at keeping secrets? Yes Does it make you uncomfortable to be asked to keep a secret? It depends on the circumstances and the reasons for the request.

6. Can you play any musical instruments? Sort of ... I can read music and play a little piano and guitar, but haven't practiced in much too long. What do you wish you knew how to play? I suspect if I really wanted to play an instrument better, I'd invest the time to learn and practice.

7. Whose voice do you find soothing? the Dalai Llama's Irritating? President George Bush ... actually I'm more 'embarrassed' that our nation's leader doesn't have a better command of the English language ... and have felt this way since he took office.

8. Do you sleep on the left or the right? Either ... both ... neither. Having a King sized bed all to myself provides so many options.

9. Other people's biggest misconception about me is that I'm an extrovert because, although I enjoy the company of others at times & have assumed 'leadership' roles in the past ... the bottom line is that I need significant 'alone time' to recharge my batteries.

10. Do you have anyone's autograph? Yes ... I have many books signed by their authors ... with personalized notes written to me when I met (and/or worked with) them.

Now it's YOUR turn (if you choose to play along). Here are the questions w/o my answers to make it simpler to copy & paste ... then respond ... either in comments below or on your own blog (please leave a link so I can read your results). As an incentive, you're welcome to 'snag' either (and/or both) awards below in addition to the one above from Mary.

1. Thinker or doer?
2. Have you ever performed in public (like music, dance, singing, speeches, etc)? Did you like it?
3. Do you have any tattoos? Do you want one?
4. What is your favorite museum?
5. Are you good at keeping secrets? Does it make you uncomfortable to be asked to keep a secret?
6. Can you play any musical instruments? What do you wish you knew how to play?
7. Whose voice do you find soothing? Irritating?
8. Do you sleep on the left or the right?
9. Other people's biggest misconception about me is ...
10.Do you have anyone's autograph?
This is my 19th
I'm smiling today because ...
1. I'm enjoying my nifty new 'V450 Nano cordless Laser mouse' ... and (as with my relatively new office chair) ... I'm wondering why I put off buying one for so long.

2. Yesterday I managed to whittle down my unread emails from more than 750 to less than 200, and with any luck today ... I'll get through the rest. Methinks I may need to stop checking the little box to receive follow up comments in email sometime soon. I still have more than 600 unread posts in Google Reader ... but I've learned to live with this fact and continue to do what I can to catch up with all the blogs I enjoy ... just because.

3. I've been blessed with & shared with others a variety of awards recently, and am grateful to all my 'bloggy buddies' in this virtual world.

I've passed this one on previously,
but in case you missed it ... feel free to snag & share it.

Thanks to Mike Golch
who shared the award below with friends.

Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today - "Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." Kahlil Gibran

30 comments:

Misty DawnS said...

Awwwww - I'm luvin' the baby birds! I've been looking for baby birds around here, but I'm afraid the excessive rains must have ruined many of the nests.

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

The baby birds are so cute and sweet. And I love those blue Keens! :D

Anonymous said...

I love those baby birds too:) I love the tattoo as well:) I posted mine too, HERE! Happy CC!~

stan said...

is that nest man made? the baby birds is an awesome sight!

Patsy said...

I'll add my ahhhh. The softer side of wild. :)

Pat - Arkansas said...

Wow! You got great "mileage" from this post! I love the baby birds; the nest/bird house is really cool.

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

The baby birds are cute. I don't think I would ever get a tattoo. Afraid of needles. My gosh. All those e-mails. That would make me crazy. Congrats on your awards. Have a good weekend. Lisa

Mike Golch said...

I'm glad you like the award. I going to give the whimsical ago.

peppylady (Dora) said...

What a cook looking nest for those baby birds.
Nice shot for this week photo hunt.

Mine is up and the coffee is on,

ratmammy said...

the baby birds were cute, but i still love the kitty best.

Norm said...

me too I love baby birds, very cute and beautiful..

i beati said...

adorable all of it tryin g the meme tomorrow sandy

Mom Knows Everything said...

What a sweet CC picture!!! I have a small tattoo on my ankle, but it's a dolphin. I swiped the first award. ;o)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Cool photos of the baby birds in the nest.

Mary said...

Storyteller,

The bird's nest with the baby birds is perfect for Camera Critters. You did a great job on that shot.

I have also thought of getting a tattoo on my ankle, but so far haven't had the nerve to go through with it. LOL Your temporary butterfly is very pretty.

Congratulations on the awards. You are very deserving. I also received the one from Mike and have passed it on.

I enjoyed visiting with you, as always.

Blessings, Mary

Anonymous said...

That's cool nests and beautiful baby birds.

HeatherK said...

love the hanging bird basket nest. What a great Saturday everything post. That's a lot of work!

kitten said...

The baby bird pic was lovely! Enjoyed your post! In a bit I'm gonna post the questions on my blog.
Hope you have a wonderful and blessed weekend!

maryt/theteach said...

Just stopping by, storyteller, to say love the little birdies, congrats on the awards, I want a tattoo too! :)

Roan said...

Cute baby birds! I say go for the tattoo. BJ

Betty said...

I enjoyed reading your meme and learning more about you. Some of your answers sounded like me talking. I, too, love to be around people but like my "alone" time as well.

You came up with a couple of good pictures for todays "Photo Hunt", but then you always do.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Gemma Wiseman said...

That nest is magical! The beginnings of more beauty in the wild!

Joyce said...

Good Morning, Storyteller,

I thoroughly enjoyed your long post this morning: the rare sight of baby birds in the nest was delightful; I signed up to be a "follower" of this blog (nice feature!), and I enjoyed your answers to Weekend Whimsies.

Today looks to be another busy day; we are "hospitality hosts" after church this morning, for any visitors who come to church. Also, I need to insert one more zipper in a little bridesmaid's dress today.

Have a lovely Sunday!

Lapa37 said...

Your so lucky being able to get a shot of those baby birds.They were so cute.

Karen said...

Those were some interesting questions--and intriguing answers! I knew some (yes, you should have gone with me and gotten a tattoo!), but others were new. Such as, I'd have pegged you for an extrovert, too!

I may do this--haven't decided--but if I do, I'll let you know.

Anonymous said...

Keeping up with emails is something I do VERY badly at. Well done on your achievements and happy "abeit belated" Smiley Saturday. :) Thanks for your ongoing participation. It's always great to have you on board. :)

storyteller said...

To all – I've visited some of you already, but technical problems interrupted by blog visiting over the weekend so I’ll be catching up over the next few days as time permits. I’m delighted to discover all your comments here this morning!

Misty Dawn – Hmmm … sorry the rains are causing you problems. We could sure USE some rain here in So Cal. Glad you enjoyed the baby birds …

Dianne – I thought so too and I love all of my Keens!

Yen – I’m glad you enjoyed my eclectic post. Thanks for leaving the link to yours.

Sho – Yes, the nest is man-made but the birds certainly made it feel like ‘home’ for their family.

Patsy – (smile) … I love encountering the wide variety of responses & interpretations to the weekly themes too. I shared a different 'take' myself at Sacred Ruminations this week: Wild Windy Weather!

Pat – Yup … I do love to ‘multi-task’ because I enjoy participating in many weekly activities but don’t wish to post more than once a day on either of my blogs … just because.

Lisa – I’m not much of a fan of needles myself, but I would like a small tattoo and hope to eventually get one. As for the emails, I certainly managed to whittle them down over the weekend (once I got my laptop working again) and am under 100 currently.

Mike Golch – I enjoyed reading the ‘whimsical’ answers you shared. Thanks for playing along.

Peppylady – I’m glad you liked it … and it’s ‘kewl’ to know you’ve got ‘coffee’ on always.

Ratmammy – I love the kitty too ;--)

Norm – Thanks for the feedback.

Sandy (at ibeati) – Great! I’ll try to drop by and see your answers.

Tammy – I’m glad you ‘snagged’ the award and hope you enjoy passing it along to others. I have questions about your tattoo … so I’ll try to remember to ask when next I send email. I’ve been told the place I want to get mine is one of the most painful spots to choose … and perhaps that’s part of why I hesitate.

Fishing Guy – I’m glad you enjoyed those photos.

Mary – Hmm … maybe we can ‘virtually’ get our tattoos together??? The temporary one only lasted about a week, but I did enjoy it and it’s fun to have the photos.

Ladynred – Thanks … it was a delightful find!

Heather – I do get carried away sometimes don’t I. LOL

Kitten – I enjoyed reading your responses to these questions and the other meme you shared over the weekend too. Thanks for playing along.

Mary, the teach – How fun! I’m curious what kind of tattoo you’re thinking about.

B. Roan – Thanks for the encouragement. I’m pretty sure I’ll do it eventually … hopefully sooner rather than later.

Betty – I’m always amazed at the commonalities I find with others in the Blogosphere. Thanks, my weekend was ‘mixed’ … but I survived. LOL

Greyscale Territory – My nephew’s wife found and hung the nest in their yard and it was she who showed me the baby birds while I visited them last Spring. I was delighted … and it was fun to share here.

Joyce – Thanks for deciding to ‘follow’ … so far it’s all working out well for me with the sites I follow. You’re one of the busiest women I know. I hope you’re feeling better and getting some rest as you do all these things for others.

Lapa37 – I felt lucky … and it was fun for me to share. I’m happy you enjoyed them.

Karen – I really wish I’d known you were going because I probably would have joined you. Micky discouraged me when I told her where I wanted to get the butterfly tattoo, but I really want it just above my ankle still.

Lightening – I look forward to participating in Smiley Saturday each week. Sometimes I don’t get to ‘visit’ until later … but I usually get around to everyone’s posts eventually.

To everyone again – I’ve enjoyed reading all your comments and responding individually. Thanks so much for making time for Small Reflections. Hope you’re all enjoying a delightful day!
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Hi Storyteller,

I enjoyed your list. Very interesting facts about you! :-)


Here's mine:

1. Thinker or doer? More of a thinker. I used to be both.
2. Have you ever performed in public (like music, dance, singing, speeches, etc)? Did you like it?
For a time I was a public speaker. In college I performed in a play. One of the actors was a no show so I played two parts. Good thing it was a comedy! LOL
3. Do you have any tattoos? Do you want one? No. No thanks.
4. What is your favorite museum? The Currier Gallery in Manchester.
5. Are you good at keeping secrets? Yes. Does it make you uncomfortable to be asked to keep a secret? Sometimes.
6. Can you play any musical instruments? Tiny bit - guitar. What do you wish you knew how to play? Piano
7. Whose voice do you find soothing? Maya Angelou Irritating? George W Bush
8. Do you sleep on the left or the right? Right
9. Other people's biggest misconception about me is ... That I am outgoing when I am actually painfully shy.
10.Do you have anyone's autograph? No, not a one.

Congrats on your awards!! Well deserved!
hugs,
Tina

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Look at those cool birds. :)

storyteller said...

Tina Coruth – Thanks for playing along here in comments. Seems we have many more things in common (other than tattoos), but that’s no big surprise.

Rebecca – I’m glad you enjoyed these baby birds in my Camera Critters.

Thanks to both of you for visiting and sharing your thoughts. I hope you’re having a wonderful week.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails