Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, September 6, 2008

PhotoHunt#19 CameraCritters#24 and lots more

Make Room for Small Reflections
Scroll down for Camera Critters, Smiley Saturday and more
... including acknowledgment and passing along of additional awards, more tennis updates, Weekend Whimsies (formerly known as Friday Follies) ... and whatever else comes to mind before I press publish and move on to something else this morning. Haiku Friday Sky Watch is at Sacred Ruminations.
This is my 19th Photo Hunt: Strings
Many of you know what a 'tennis fan' I am ...
naturally the backdrop is a 'net' made of STRING.
Next, my mind went to 'String Quartets' & Marionettes.
This is my 24thMisty Dawn started the meme and explains the rules here:
Last weekend's photos ...

This is my 3rd ...

After seeing Weekend Whimsies at Yertle's (of Smile, Play, Dream) a while back, I decided to click the link to Kat's (of Sunshine and Lemonade) and there I discovered she started the ball rolling upon deciding to change Friday Follies to a 'weekend' activity. I decided I'd play along at Small Reflections and invite others to participate either here in comments or to leave a link and share on your own blog. Because I didn't find a 'logo' and because I know how to do that myself now, I created a 'whimsical' one of my own ... just because.

1. Spender or saver? Definitely a saver. I was raised by a Dutch mom who taught me at a young age about the power of compound interest to enhance or destroy my 'nest egg' ... and one reason I'm 'happily retired' today is that I've practiced always what she preached.

2. What is your favorite type of ethnic food? Which dish? Once upon a time I would have said Mexican (Carnitas) or Italian (Lasagne) ... but these days methinks my favorite is ... Seven Spice Ahi.

3. Guest or host? Way back when I would have said hostess, but these days 'guest' for sure ;--)

4. Are you still friends with anyone from high school? Elementary school? Neither actually ... though in the past few months I've heard (by email and phone) from some folks from High School and that's been fun.

5. Have you ever been in the audience for the taping of a TV show? What show would you like to see live? No ... and I'm not sure I'd care to see any TV show live ... seriously.

6. Do you save cards and letters from your spouse? What about from friends or old boyfriends? I'm a saver in all respects of the word ... so I have cards and letters from lots of folks. I have all the letters my 'ex' sent me during the 13 months in 1967-68 that he spent in Vietnam ... somewhere.

7. What is your favorite fall activity? Thanksgiving with family and friends

8. When you were growing up, did your family eat dinner together or whenever you had time? What do you do with your family now? Our family ate ALL meals together ... said 'grace' ... engaged in conversation with one another as we dined ... and read scripture at the end of the meal ... always. These days I live alone so I eat alone for the most part. My sister and her husband are traveling around the USA ... so we mostly catch up on the phone (as we did just a few minutes ago).

9. You have just inherited a vacation home. Where do you want it to be? In the Sierra Nevada Mountains ... perhaps overlooking Lake Tahoe.

Now it's YOUR turn (if you choose to play along). Here are the questions w/o my answers to make it simpler to copy & paste ... then respond ... either in comments below or on your own blog (please leave a link so I can read your results). As an incentive, you're welcome to 'snag' either (and/or both) awards below.
1. Spender or saver?
2. What is your favorite type of ethnic food? Which dish?
3. Guest or host?
4. Are you still friends with anyone from high school? Elementary school?
5. Have you ever been in the audience for the taping of a TV show? What show would you like to see live?
6. Do you save cards and letters from your spouse? What about from friends or old boyfriends?
7. What is your favorite fall activity?
8. When you were growing up, did your family eat dinner together or whenever you had time? What do you do with your family now?
9. You have just inherited a vacation home. Where do you want it to be?
This is my 18th
I'm smiling today because ...
1. This morning I chatted with my sister to see how she & her husband are doing on the East Coast in their RV ... weathering Hannah currently. They're in a pretty spot ... waiting out the storm before they head across the Chesapeake Bay and continue their travels in a couple of days.

2. My advanced PSE6 class is off to an excellent start and I'm having great fun experimenting with 'adjustment layers' and 'filters' as I continue to create collages with my own photos and with images found on the Internet. I've continued to share along the way: PSE at Small Reflections and PSE at Sacred Ruminations.

3. I've enjoyed lots of excellent tennis matches during the past two weeks of the US Open Championships in New York. I'm looking forward to the Men's Semi-Final matches to be played today ... and the Women's Championship Match tonight ... (weather permitting).

4. Chris B at Ms Cellania made me laugh with this week's Witty Wednesday post. You might enjoy it too ... especially if you need some chuckles.

5. I'm delighted to acknowledge and pass along awards here today ... as I did on Tuesday and Wednesday ... and am grateful for these bloggers for blessing my blogs in this manner.
Thanks to Mama Zen for this nifty 'Kick-AssBlogger' award ...
and to Akelamalu who shared this award given by Mimi Lenox to all those who participated in the 2008 Blog Blast for Peace ... as I did twice (see 'My Peace Globe' links in the sidebar).

Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"The most dangerous untruths are truths moderately distorted." Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Puppet strings! Of course.

Well done.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a wonderful mixture...Puppet strings, now I have those too, I did not play because I did not think yarn qualified as string and that was all I could find in the house.

Definitely well won awards :)

Mimi Lenox said...

Thanks for posting the award. I love my BlogBlast participants!!!

Mike Golch said...

great posting.

Juliana said...

nice sleepy dog :D

Please stop by also at my CC post : in HERE and HERE Thanks

Joyce said...

Good Morning, Storyteller!

I always enjoy your pictures of dear Molly.

Also, I played along with Weekend Whimsies over at my blog. It is so too bad that some mix up won't allow you to comment over my way. :(

Have a lovely day!

Norm said...

great shot! thats a very comfortable place to rest and sleep...

Mike Golch said...

I have something for you my friend on my site. so come and get it!

Anonymous said...

great take! happy weekend!

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Noise or not, Molly sure does look like she is enjoying her bed.

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE those pics of Molly :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dog!

AppleDebbie said...

Molly looks so comfy sleeping on her new bed. I never get tired of looking at Molly pictures. I also checked out your photo of the Seven Spice Ahi... it looks WONDERFUL! Where is Dukes? Is it in Orange County?

Misty DawnS said...

I love Molly's bed!!! I need one of those for my Tag... I think he's got early onset arthritis and it's hard for him to lie on the hardwood floors.

Jules said...

You've been playing with PS again, haven't you?
Wow! Nice job on all your work.

Momisodes said...

What great choices! I would have never thought of puppet strings :) I always wanted one when I was a child to.

congrats on the awards!

i beati said...

Molly is soo so sweet sandy

ratmammy said...

i especially loved the photo of the kitty!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice strings!

I like the way you "weave" all of your memes into one post. I am more of a classifier - I "have" to do separate posts, for my own sanity. Lol. :-)

peppylady (Dora) said...

I've always admire people who can make puppet work.
Mine is up and the coffee is on.

stan said...

i like the puppets on strings pic. Sort of recalls some nice feelings fr childhood days which I cant pinpoint. :)

Mother of Invention said...

Neat questions...I'd rather be a guest since I stress out to much if I host, we had dinner every night at 6:00, I have saved all kinds of cards from my husband and old flames....

Mother of Invention said...

Chinese food! I have many friends till from grade school and high school. I love going for a drive and a walk when the leaves have all changed colour!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the puppy is very comfy! Great shots!

Betty said...

Congratulations on your award. I love it! I enjoyed learning more about you through your meme.

Very original and unique pictures for Saturday's Photo Hunt.

Have a good week.

Forgetfulone said...

Molly is such a pretty dog. Love your camera critters photos!

Hootin Anni said...

Good, happy Sunday storyteller! I really like the strings you've shared with us at Photo Hunt!

And reading your answers to the questions on the follies meme, I think I just read about myself! Your answers would be so much like MINE!

Hope your day will be peaceful.

HeatherK said...

Great post for strings and that is definitely a friendly looking critter. I've posted for both camera critter and photo hunt. Have great day. great job on all the Weekend Memes.

storyteller said...

To everyone – I’m delighted to find all of your comments on my ‘multi-tasked’ Saturday post at Small Reflections … and although I’d love to respond to all 28 of you individually here, methinks my time would be better spent VISITING your blogs … so I’ve opted to leave a single response to you all at once to say THANK YOU for visiting and sharing your thoughts. I hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend and I look forward to seeing what you’ve all shared on your blogs.
Hugs and blessings,

Akelamalu said...

You packed so much into that post and I enjoyed it all!

Congrats on the awards.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I love the string entries!! and Molly looks so cute in her new bed. I know mine always like to make their new beds their own by spending time settling in.

Roan said...

Molly looks like a queen on her comfy bed! BJ

storyteller said...

Akelamalu – Thanks, I’m glad … sometimes I do get carried away with my multi-tasking but I don’t want to post more than once a day and I like doing all these weekend activities.

Tamy – Thanks! Molly takes a while to ‘warm up’ to new things … but once she claims them she’s a happy gal ;--)

B. Roan – She’s pretty spoiled actually … with different pillow beds in each room. I got tired of her dragging her beds from room to room to be close to me when she didn’t want to lay on the cool tile floor.

I appreciate each of you dropping by and hope you’ve had a lovely weekend.
Hugs and blessings,

NicciN said...

I just posted my whimsies on my blog. Thanks for reminding me to do it!

philos said...

Haha... cool take! I especially like the tennis strings as backdrop! :)

storyteller said...

Yertle – Thanks for letting me know. Methinks I’ve already responded there. I’ve enjoyed these ‘whimsical’ questions on the weekends since discovering Kat’s meme at your place.

Philos – Using ‘tennis’ strings seemed a ‘natural’ for me given the US Open Tournament going on at the time.

Thanks to both of you for dropping by and sharing your thoughts. I’m sorry it took me until today (Wednesday) to discover them here … but it’s always fun to ‘revisit’ prior posts and read comments like yours. Hope you’re having a great week.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails