... including acknowledgment and passing along of additional awards, more tennis updates, Weekend Whimsies (formerly known as Friday Follies) ... and whatever else comes to mind before I press publish and move on to something else this morning. Haiku Friday Sky Watch is at Sacred Ruminations.
Many of you know what a 'tennis fan' I am ...
naturally the backdrop is a 'net' made of STRING.
Next, my mind went to 'String Quartets' & Marionettes.
After seeing Weekend Whimsies at Yertle's (of Smile, Play, Dream) a while back, I decided to click the link to Kat's (of Sunshine and Lemonade) and there I discovered she started the ball rolling upon deciding to change Friday Follies to a 'weekend' activity. I decided I'd play along at Small Reflections and invite others to participate either here in comments or to leave a link and share on your own blog. Because I didn't find a 'logo' and because I know how to do that myself now, I created a 'whimsical' one of my own ... just because.
1. Spender or saver? Definitely a saver. I was raised by a Dutch mom who taught me at a young age about the power of compound interest to enhance or destroy my 'nest egg' ... and one reason I'm 'happily retired' today is that I've practiced always what she preached.
2. What is your favorite type of ethnic food? Which dish? Once upon a time I would have said Mexican (Carnitas) or Italian (Lasagne) ... but these days methinks my favorite is ... Seven Spice Ahi.
3. Guest or host? Way back when I would have said hostess, but these days 'guest' for sure ;--)
4. Are you still friends with anyone from high school? Elementary school? Neither actually ... though in the past few months I've heard (by email and phone) from some folks from High School and that's been fun.
5. Have you ever been in the audience for the taping of a TV show? What show would you like to see live? No ... and I'm not sure I'd care to see any TV show live ... seriously.
6. Do you save cards and letters from your spouse? What about from friends or old boyfriends? I'm a saver in all respects of the word ... so I have cards and letters from lots of folks. I have all the letters my 'ex' sent me during the 13 months in 1967-68 that he spent in Vietnam ... somewhere.
7. What is your favorite fall activity? Thanksgiving with family and friends
8. When you were growing up, did your family eat dinner together or whenever you had time? What do you do with your family now? Our family ate ALL meals together ... said 'grace' ... engaged in conversation with one another as we dined ... and read scripture at the end of the meal ... always. These days I live alone so I eat alone for the most part. My sister and her husband are traveling around the USA ... so we mostly catch up on the phone (as we did just a few minutes ago).
9. You have just inherited a vacation home. Where do you want it to be? In the Sierra Nevada Mountains ... perhaps overlooking Lake Tahoe.
1. Spender or saver?
2. What is your favorite type of ethnic food? Which dish?
3. Guest or host?
4. Are you still friends with anyone from high school? Elementary school?
5. Have you ever been in the audience for the taping of a TV show? What show would you like to see live?
6. Do you save cards and letters from your spouse? What about from friends or old boyfriends?
7. What is your favorite fall activity?
8. When you were growing up, did your family eat dinner together or whenever you had time? What do you do with your family now?
9. You have just inherited a vacation home. Where do you want it to be?
1. This morning I chatted with my sister to see how she & her husband are doing on the East Coast in their RV ... weathering Hannah currently. They're in a pretty spot ... waiting out the storm before they head across the Chesapeake Bay and continue their travels in a couple of days.
2. My advanced PSE6 class is off to an excellent start and I'm having great fun experimenting with 'adjustment layers' and 'filters' as I continue to create collages with my own photos and with images found on the Internet. I've continued to share along the way: PSE at Small Reflections and PSE at Sacred Ruminations.
3. I've enjoyed lots of excellent tennis matches during the past two weeks of the US Open Championships in New York. I'm looking forward to the Men's Semi-Final matches to be played today ... and the Women's Championship Match tonight ... (weather permitting).
4. Chris B at Ms Cellania made me laugh with this week's Witty Wednesday post. You might enjoy it too ... especially if you need some chuckles.
5. I'm delighted to acknowledge and pass along awards here today ... as I did on Tuesday and Wednesday ... and am grateful for these bloggers for blessing my blogs in this manner.
and to Akelamalu who shared this award given by Mimi Lenox to all those who participated in the 2008 Blog Blast for Peace ... as I did twice (see 'My Peace Globe' links in the sidebar).
"The most dangerous untruths are truths moderately distorted." Georg Christoph Lichtenberg