Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ruby Tuesday #5 and Heads or Tails #24

Make Time for Small Reflections
Scroll down for Heads or Tails ...
Fun Monday is in the next post
and Monday Motivator at Sacred Ruminations

Mary at Work of the Poet suggested photos with just a 'hint' of red for this week, so here'sMolly sporting a 'red' bandana (briefly ... until she ripped it to shreds)!
Click for others participating this week,
(and
meet RubyMissBug, Ruby Tuesday's new Mascot)
This is my 24th ...
Hosted by Skittles at Head or Tails
Click for info about how to play
This week's prompt is:
TAILS - How would you change where you live?
Actually, I love where I live and wouldn't change much of anything ... other than to be RID of the 'stuph' (ie clutter) that's accumulated all over my home during the 29 years I've lived here. Of course, it would be nice if those who visited my little beach community and parked their cars on the street in my neighborhood ... didn't leave their 'trash' in the gutter and/or in my yard. With sunrise and sunsets like these ... dog beach within walking distance for Molly to run free & play with fur-friends ... and this for a front yard, why would I change anything else? For more views of my little corner of paradise, click here and here ... or not ;--)
Click for others participating in HoTs this week.
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"Home ought to be our clearinghouse, the place from which we go forth lessoned and disciplined, and ready for life."
Kathleen Norris

41 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the picture of you dog. Such a cutie! I have two fur balls myself. Sounds like you live in a beautiful place. I'm jealous. I'd love to live near the ocean or any body of water. My home state isn't my favorite. It snows in Michigan and I'm not to fond of that. Take Care.

Felisol said...

Your happy miss Molly sure looked great in your corner of paradise.
From Felisol

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I love the red scarf molly has on!!

EG CameraGirl said...

Molly looks very attractive in red. ;-) Happy Ruby Tuesday!

Linda said...

I featured my dog for RT as well. Great minds working together ;)

Anonymous said...

Awwww...Miss Molly is such adorable with her bandana:) Posted mine HERE. Happy RT!~

dot said...

Molly looks really cute with her red bandana!

Anonymous said...

So cute!

Paz

bcmomtoo said...

I've got quite a bit of 'stuph' that needs to be cleared out, too. One of these days I'm going to have to get busy.

Raven said...

Sweet puppy picture! Nice that you are so happy where you live. Amazing how much we can acquire over the years. I lived in my apartment in NYC for 33 years. Lots of letting go to do when I moved.

DrillerAA said...

Great Ruby Tuesday photo. Looks like Molly is enjoying the toy and the bandanna.
Have a wonderful Ruby Tuesday.

Carletta said...

Molly was having a good time with that neon ball wasn't she! The bandana was a perfect idea.

Joyce said...

So nice to see photos of the lovely place you call home. :)

Gattina said...

Oh my ! your dog reminds me soooo much of the dog we had in the 80th she was such a nice dog and died of old age. After her we never had a dog again, only cats.

anthonynorth said...

Often a good location can be more important than the actual house itself.

magiceye said...

cute molly! is she a lab?

eastcoastlife said...

She looks so pretty with the red scarf. A pity it was torn to shreds.

Hootin Anni said...

As you know I'm here for Heads or Tails...I too feel the same way about WHERE I live but I would love to see a couple of things changed/improved.

Trash...ya, it's everywhere, huh? There is just no respect any more for other properties.

Have a great HoT day.

Ivon said...

Great picture. I have always said a dog looks good in any color. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Cute pup. I need to declutter too, I got a little sanctimonious with my HoT this week, so you know.

Roan said...

Molly sure looked pretty in her fine red bandana...for a few minutes anyway.

kitten said...

Cute pup! What a sweet Mascot! I don't blame ya, I like where I live also.

Mother of Invention said...

I love our house, especially with the bew reno we just finished, but if I had a 2nd place, I'd love a log cabin on some water where I could swim and canoe!

Ivanhoe said...

Molly shredded the bandana to pieces? She does not like to accesorize, does she? (lol)

Norm said...

I love the red scarf too! she's very pretty and elegant to look...

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Awww...how cute!

Momisodes said...

Aww, my dog has a very similar red bandana wrapped around his neck. He also would tear them up to pieces when he was younger. Now he's older and doesn't want to bother :)

Barb said...

The STUFF in my place is mostly my husband's. He's such a pack rat!

Mojo said...

I'd never be able to keep a bandana on Tonka either. He's kind of a minimalist where it comes to fashion.

Molly looks like my kinda dog though!

Mom Knows Everything said...

I sent my husband in our storage room to get something today because it is such a mess. I think I really need to de-clutter it soon.

What a sweet dog!

Maude Lynn said...

I love that picture of Molly!

Desert Songbird said...

Aw, I love Labradors!

The Ice Box – Ruby Tuesday

Unknown said...

I love RubyMissBug! Cute!

And your pup looks full of energy!

Tink *~*~* said...

Your puppy be a STYLIN' fashionista! :D

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

Betty said...

Pretty bandana. Sorry Molly had to go and rip it up. Apparently she didn't like anything around her neck. I'm with Molly on that one.

I know you do have a beautiful place to live from the picture I have seen and also the description you have given.

Hope you are having a good week so far.

Dianne said...

Molly is beautiful!!

Tumblewords: said...

Location, location, location. :) Lovely place!

Berni said...

One good thing about Canada is most people are very trash conscious and you don't see much of it in the streets if at all. It is one of the first things I notice when I return to Canada after being abroad. Thanks for coming over to my blog. I have been so busy this summer that I have not been participating but expect to pick up again now it is getting colder.

Anonymous said...

i have never heard of a dog beach. that sounds lovely for them.

liked the red tie round your dogs neck. thats cute

Karen said...

You certainly DO live in a great place! I kind of go back and forth about my place--positives and negatives, both!

storyteller said...

To everyone – Thanks so much for visiting my RubyTuesday/HoTs post this week at Small Reflections. I always enjoy reading your comments and after doing my own visiting after class I found myself delighted by your posts too. The variety of responses to these weekly themes never ceases to catch me by surprise! In retrospect, methinks if I had the money … I might invest in renovating the master bath upstairs. It would be ‘kewl’ to have a ‘spa tub’ and taller counters in the sink area. Unfortunately (in these precarious financial times) it isn’t likely to happen any time soon. I hope you’re all having a wonderful week!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails