Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dona Nobis Pacem - A Revolution of Music

Make Time for Small Reflections
5th Blog Blast for Peace
November 6th, 2008
Today I join Mimi Lenox and many other bloggers in the 5th Blog Blast for Peace ... and invite YOU to join the wave today on your Blog. Just click Mimi's link and read the directions for getting your own Peace Globe to personalize and publish. Then follow the directions to share with others through her official sites ... and visit others blogging for peace today.

My Small Reflections Peace Globe is #1127

"Music cleanses the understanding; inspires it, and lifts it into a realm which it would not reach if it were left to itself". Henry Ward Beecher

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." Victor Hugo

"Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words." Robert G. Ingersoll







Click for links to
...
My other Blog Blasts today:
at Sacred Ruminations and Blog Rolls & Bling

and last June:
Thirteen Thoughts on the Topic of Peace
& Peace in Every Step


Click for others participating in
the 5th Blog Blast for Peace!
Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons. You will find it is to the soul what a water bath is to the body."
Oliver Wendell Holmes
NaBloPoMo-Day6

28 comments:

Michelle said...

Lovely. :-)

Tina said...

great quote to put on your globe, and i liked your thought for the day too. very inspriring

Hootin Anni said...

Great choice for a quotation on your globe storyteller!!!

Come on over, and read my impressions of peace if you can find time today.

Robin said...

A beautiful quote, and beautiful music to inspire us too.

kitten said...

Wonderful! Love all the videos also!!!

MaR said...

What a wonderful take on the peace globe initiative, beautiful globe and music. Well done!
Peace!

j said...

You CAN NOT go wrong with The Beatles. Love the way incorporated videos into this post.

Heather said...

Music truly is a retreat and a place for comfort. There are definitely songs that calm me, remind me of another time, and excite me.

Mary said...

Beautiful post, my friend. I'm late getting mine posted, so I'd better get with it.

Praying for peace.
Blessings,
Mary

Ivanhoe said...

Peace, love & hugs to you, dear Storyteller :o)

Sandee said...

Beautiful. Peace to you and yours honey. :)

Anonymous said...

I often find myself singing "Let it Be" when I am in need pf peace - lovely choice. Peace to you.

Akelamalu said...

What a great Peace Globe and post Storyteller. :) Peace to you and yours.

Tiggerlane said...

I think I would curl up and DIE without my daily dose of music...it sustains me! Wonderful post!

The Gal Herself said...

Oh, I haven't seen Paul sing Let It Be in years! Thank you for posting this. You did a wonderful jon on your Blog Blast!

ShannonW said...

Peace to you and all that you love.

Travis Cody said...

Peace to you and yours!

Billie Greenwood said...

Your blog is wonderful. I'm also a friend of Thailand Chani at Finding My Way Home. Love your peace globe and the music. Thanks for this.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous post! Thanks so much for sharing your globe and the wonderful music.

~*~Patty S said...

Very moving post and I agree, being washed in music is very powerful :)
Sending *Peace*Love*Light* to ALL!!!

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

PEACE. . .from my blog to yours. .

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Fantastic quote on your peace globe. Which of course means I agree wholeheartedly!

Happy Blogblast For Peace Day!

Momisodes said...

All such great songs. Bette Midlers song always reminds me of the movie Beaches, and brings me to tears.

Raven said...

Lovely post. My computer has been boycotting video today but I heard them in my head anyway. Peace.

Dianne said...

such beautiful quotes and all the music!!

especially the Divine Miss M!

Mimi Lenox said...

My Lord and My God what a beautiful BlogBlast post. I haven't seen one like it. I listened (and cried) to Midler's "From A Distance" ..bathed in a blue light...just like all of us today.

I am now listening to the McCartney sing "Let It Be". All our perfect songs for this day. Thank you for being a voice and caring and preparing for this day with conviction. Your gift to us today was music.
We are blessed.

Peace to you and yours,
Mimi

Julie said...

I've always felt that people who don't like music are oh so very wrong! I find my peace in my music. Thanks for giving me some music today that I normally wouldn't have listened to.

May the spirit of peace take over!

Jo Beaufoix said...

Well that was gorgeous storyteller. It' past midnight here and I'm off to bed and those are lovely songs to have rolling round my head. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails