Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, September 27, 2008

CameraCritters#27 - SmileySaturday#21- and more

Make Room for Small Reflections
HF#77 is below this post and
Photo Hunt #23 at Sacred Ruminations
I'm saddened to learn of the death of Paul Newman just now on Good Morning America. Apparently he died of cancer yesterday at the age of 83 after undergoing chemotherapy last August. "Paul Newman's craft was acting. His passion was racing. His love was his family and friends. And his heart and soul were dedicated to helping make the world a better place for all."
You can read more details in the statement issued by Robert Forrester of Newman's Own Foundation earlier this morning.

This is my 27thMisty Dawn started the meme and explains the rules here:
This won't make sense to those missed last week's Camera Critters (and the associated 'hue & cry' in comments from visitors on Ms. Kitty's behalf). However ... rest assured ... Ms. Kitty RULEZ the front yard (and a good portion of the entire block) ... just because.
Reminder: You can 'click' on the image
to 'biggify'
for better viewing
This is my 21st
I'm smiling today because ...
1. Last night I enjoyed a delightful visit over dinner with an long time friend I've not seen for a few years ... catching up with one another & making plans get together again early next year.

2. Many blogging friends shared 'light-hearted' & humorous posts this past week. In case you missed them (and if you're in need of a chuckle or two) ... here are links:
Frivolous Friday at the Cafe at the End of the Universe
Intended Puns shared by Bobbie at Almost There
Another Blonde Joke shared by Jan at the Prytz Family
13 Quotes about Computers by Gattina at Writer Cramps
Witty Wednesday at Ms Cellania
3. I've continued to create and share a variety of graphics, logos, & awards generated with Photoshop Elements ... learning as I go. It's been great fun. Currently I'm experimenting with 'animated' gifs ... just because.

4. Sassy Mama Bear also shared 13 Ways to say I Love You & this Blogthing, and I've decided to include it here ... just because.

You Are an "A-OK"



Your life philosophy can be summed up as, "Whatever will be, will be."

Your greatest wish is to live each day a little better than the next.

You are naturally calm and stable. Some people would call you a rock.

You feel one with the world. You are a spiritual person, though no one who knows you would guess it.

These each seem to 'fit' for me somehow.

Your turn (should you so choose) to share either in comments below or on your own blog). Just let me know so that I can read your results too, okay?
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch it to be sure." ~Murphy's Law

29 comments:

i beati said...

a ot of fun on your critters !1 sandy

Lapa37 said...

Se sure does get around.

kitten said...

My kitty and your pup look so cute and fun!
You do have many reasons to smile this week. Thanks for sharing!
Your hand gesture seem to fit you of what I know about you. I will post my hand gesture tomorrow because I already have a post up for today, I like doing those blogs things. I truly like your thought for today!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! :D Mine is posted HERE too. Happy CC!~

bobbie said...

Ms.Kitty looks as if she did just fine. Pretty cat.

Maddy said...

I love the logo/icons and the philosophy.
Best wishes

Carletta said...

A Kitty will always find a new place to hang out - ours always do!

Yes, the death of Paul Newman is a sad to wake up to today - I think he was a wonderful man - definitely not your typical celebrity. He will be missed.

Anonymous said...

It is always nice visiting here. I know I will always find some wonderful pictures.

Misty DawnS said...

hehehe, I love Ms. Kitty! She seems to be one who doesn't get 'pushed around' too much ;-)

Anonymous said...

Love your photos Storyteller :) My entry is here

Stop by if you have a moment. :)

Juliana RW said...

beautiful collage photo of yours. thanks drop at my cc post

ratmammy said...

great collage!

Akelamalu said...

Oh no I didn't hear about Paul Newman here on the news. There have been a few photos of him in the newspapers recently and he looked very frail. A sad loss to the acting profession.

Joyce said...

Good Morning, Storyteller,
I am an "A OK", too.

I will miss Paul Newman, too, an actor who I could admire as a fellow human being.

AppleDebbie said...

Love the cute photos of Ms. Kitty hiding in the foliage. Wonderful collage!

Christy said...

Ok the blog things are a bit scary because I keep coming up with the same response you get. Although on the role that you play one, I originally got innovator but I changed the answer on the last question just to see since I was debating on two of them and when I changed it I was told I was a philosopher. I love taking these little quizzes. So much fun to play around with them.

Maude Lynn said...

I was saddened to hear about Paul Newman this morning.

And, I am a fist!

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

I'm glad Ms Kitty found a new place. She looks very comfy.

I am an "A-Ok" hand gesture.

It is sad about Paul Newman.

Mom Knows Everything said...

Your thought of the day made me laugh! Thanks! :o)

Mary said...

You Are a Heart

Your life philosophy can be summed up as, "Love like you've never been hurt."
Your greatest wish is to have harmony in all of your relationships.

You can't help loving people, even when they're incredibly flawed.
You are a true romantic, and you are willing to give almost anyone a second chance.

Unknown said...

It was fun seeing kitty again. Are you sure you don't need the black kitty from my neighborhood to come play at your house?

Mimi Lenox said...

What a comprehensive post. We have all been saddened by the news of Newman's death today.

Thank you so very much for highlighting BlogBlast For Peace in your sidebar. Inspirational!

I received your globes and they are just lovely. I will let you know when they've been added to the gallery. Can't wait to read what you write on November 6!

Peace,
Mimi

NicciN said...

Wow,it sounds like a great time catching up with a long time friend. Maybe it is time for me to set that up in my life. I just posted my gesture on my blog.

Gattina said...

Good to know ! I only have ONE little space in my house the others are all taken over by my cats, lol
Thanks for the link to my TT ! Each time when I don't know what to publish and take whatever I just find, people like it ! that's frustrating, lol ! I'll try to participate in the next Smily Saturday !

Hootin Anni said...

Hi storyteller! Your dinner with friend[s] sounds so delightful!!!

Happy day to you.

Roan said...

Ms Kitty looks to me like she owns the place! Love all the graphics. You are becoming a pro! I also posted my "hand gesture". Have a lovely Sunday. BJ

Jane Hards Photography said...

Ms Kitty looks like she has plenty of reasons to amile.

Michelle said...

Thanks for reminding me that it's an important act to reflect on the good things in ones life. Thanks for sharing. Your post are always so inspiring to me.

storyteller said...

Thanks everybody!
I appreciate each of you dropping by and sharing your reactions to my ‘multi-tasking’ on Saturdays. I also enjoy visiting your blogs to see what’s happening there. I had a marvelous time reconnecting with my friend … loved creating the Camera Critter’s ‘collage’ of Ms. Kitty’s alternative spaces to hang out … and participating in Smiley Saturday too. I hope you enjoyed the humorous links and had a wonderful weekend! Here’s wishing you a delightful day!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails