Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, September 12, 2008

HF#73 ... continual changes and another AWARD

this time from Hootin' Anni who sez she loves my poetry & Haiku.

Make Time for Small Reflections
My 11th SkyWatch/72nd Haiku Friday is at Sacred Ruminations.
Happy 1st Anniversary to the Haiku Friday meme!
Friday already?
Where did the week go? When will
I catch up? It seems

every time I cross
something off my 'to do' list ...
3-5 new things

rise to the surface
and require me to pay
attention to them.

I did add the new
Blogger 'Followers Widget'
to my sidebar and

discovered how to
import blogs to 'follow' from
Google Reader so

they 'show up' in my
Dashboard.
One day ... I hope I'll
catch up on the rest

of new changes to
Blogger, but for now I shall
simply 'invite' you

to 'follow' as well
if you so desire ... just click
my sidebar widget.

Next, I want to thank
Hootin' Anni for this new
beautiful award!

After receiving this award from Kristine Kate at Life and Love ... Hootin' Anni bestowed it upon me and 8 other blogging friends yesterday. She wrote: "I love storyteller's style ... her poetry and haiku." Translating the gift from Portuguese to English, it means: "This blog invests and believe the proximity' (meaning that blogging makes us 'close' -- being close through proxy) ... a LOVELY sentiment! I feel honored to receive this award ... especially from a talented & creative friend like Hootin' Anni ... and now it's MY turn to share with the following friends I've met in this virtual world known as the Blogosphere. I look forward to seeing who they share the award with next.

His Girl Friday at Wellied on Life
Joyce at Mom's Musings
Karen at Journey to Authenticity
Mama Zen at the Zen of Motherhood
Mother of Invention at Spilling Out!
Sandy Carlson at Writing in Faith
Sandy at Momisodes
Tammy at A Little Girl Talk and Mom Knows Everything
Tina at Tina's Odds and Ends

Just to be clear, after finding 'followers' listed in my 'Dashboard' (as indicated in my Haiku above) ... I've added the new 'Follow' widget from Blogger in my sidebar (under my profile) and I've imported some of my daily reads from Google Reader into this new feature to see how that works. I don't fully understand any of it, but I'm willing to give it a go ... just because. If you'd like to 'follow' any (or all) of my blogs, just click on the link to the right (Don't ya love serendipity? I couldn't have planned the placement better if I'd tried ... seriously) above the 'avatars' and add yours. This could be fun ;--)

Click for Sky Watch #11 and Haiku Friday #72 at Sacred Ruminations
For others participating in Haiku Friday this week go to A Mommy Story.
(To see my previous Haikus, click on the Haiku Friday label below this post or in the sidebar under About Me where you'll find a 'directory' of my Haikus on both blogs).

Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"Constant use will not wear ragged the fabric of friendship." Dorothy Parker

22 comments:

kitten said...

Congrats! Very good poem!

Unknown said...

Great Haiku and lovely award...
My haiku:
http://mamabearwrites.blogspot.com/2008/09/haiku-friday-1000-words.html

Joyce said...

Thank you so much, Storyteller, for passing on this unique award.

I'm so thankful to be enjoying the proximity of your friendship, made possible through our internet correspondence.

Hope you have a lovely day. :)

Patsy said...

Well, you have surpassed me --- I'm still not up to speed with the widgets etc. Maybe soon I'll get there. You deserve the bling ---

Ivanhoe said...

Congrats, Storyteller! I added myself there, too ;o)

Mike Golch said...

great poem. Hugs and Blessings! Mike G. said that!

Real Live Lesbian said...

I love your haiku!

storyteller said...

Kitten – Thanks … I do look forward to writing Haiku on Fridays and I appreciate you adding your link to my ‘followers’ widget ;--)

Sassy Mama Bear – What high praise coming from a true Haiku master. Thanks for leaving the link back to YOUR 1000 Word Haiku. Now THAT’s impressive and makes me even happier I passed along the ‘Brainy Blog Award’ to you last Tuesday. If you didn’t see the award I left on Wednesday at Small Reflections … you should definitely drop by and ‘snag’ yourself a copy to enjoy & share because YOU DEFINITELY ROCK!

Joyce – You’re definitely welcome and I’m happy to call YOU ‘friend’ too … albeit virtually.

Patsy – Thanks for the kind words. If you need some help with ‘widgets’ I’d be happy to help. Feel free to drop me email and I’ll share what I know.

Ivanhoe – How ‘kewl’ … thanks, I see your link there! I couldn’t believe how the widget (that I purposefully placed beneath my ‘Profile’ for easy reference) lined up perfectly with this part of today’s post. I love serendipity!

Mike Golch – Thanks, I’m glad you like it and I appreciate receiving hugs and blessings too.

RealLiveLesbian – Thanks so much! I love writing Haiku and do it on two blogs every Friday ... just because.

To all – I’m delighted to find your comments this morning. Thanks for dropping by, and have a fantastic Friday!
Hugs and blessings,

Akelamalu said...

Congratulations on the award and well done on the new gadgets! :)

Linda said...

I don't understand all these new widgets. Guess I just need to jump in and try them out.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post. Happy Friday. Don't worry about catching up... things will take care of themselves. Just enjoy life and do what you can.

Hootin Anni said...

I follow....I follow! Love how you had this your haiku...clever. VERY clever.


Well, where I live we're now 'downgraded' to tropical storm warning. Which is great news from our vantage point, but where our son lives it's another story...Houston is still in line for the 'big hit' later tonight or early Saturday morning. And we still have power. I've been trying to get as much work done around the house just in case water or power goes out before this storm hits land...I'm done. All I can do that is humanly possible. We've shuttered the windows up and just wait for the worst to pass us.

Thanks again, for your thoughts and prayers.

Mary said...

Virginia,

I have a little something for your over at my Writing Nook. I always enjoy visiting with you.

Blessings,
Mary

Anonymous said...

My week kind of dragged, but it does that sometimes trying to get to Friday. Congrats on your award!

Betty said...

Congratulations on your award from Anni. You are just as cleaver in your creative design of your blog as Anni. You both have very professional looking blogs. You sure have learned a lot in the short time you have been blogging.

I do have a new look on my blog. Don't know if you noticed or not. I just went to google images and searched "Fall". Picked a picture and saved it to my computer. The I went to my blog and clicked on "pick a new template". So that was easy to do.

However, I would like to have something that is more original. I would like to learn how to make the title of my blog in a different font, like a script. Something different. I really appreciate your offer to help me accomplish that, and I will call on you when I get ready to change my blog again. Right now I'm enjoying the fall look I have on my blog.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. You are a good blogging friend, and I appreciate you so much.

Mom Knows Everything said...

Thank you for the award for both my blogs. That's very sweet of you to think of both of them. :o)

Momisodes said...

Congratulations and THANK YOU!!! This absolutely made my weekend :) I am also honored to receive this, especially from such a wonderful blogger.

Maude Lynn said...

Thank you, Storyteller! And, I love the haiku. That's exactly how I feel: totally behind!

Karen said...

I was just checking through the comments, to see if you responded to my comment, and saw that I didn't comment. I snagged the award, but failed to say anything!! Shame on me!!

Lovely haiku (I so enjoy them!)--and thank you so much for the award!

storyteller said...

Akelamalu – Thanks … Methinks it’s all about ‘baby steps’ … two forward, one back, etc. Progress made … challenges remain ;--)

Linda – I don’t understand a lot of the ‘widget’ stuph but experimentation is how I’ve learned … so I encourage YOU to just jump in too. Thanks for the good wishes for my weekend … I had many ups & downs … but I’m still here chugging along doing what I can. LOL

MommyWizdom – Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom. It’s just what I needed … and what I finally came to on my own … wrote about yesterday & again this morning … and finally shared at Sacred Ruminations a little while ago.

Hootin’ Anni – How fun! Thanks. I do appreciate the update and am relieved to know you’re okay.

Mary – Oh goodie! Thanks so much … I love surprises and comments!

Maggie – Thanks! I’m trying to remember whether or not I visited your Haiku this weekend and can’t … so I’ll check in later as time permits. I don’t want to miss any part of your ‘Haiku herstory’ ...

Betty – What a sweet thing to say, but methinks Anni’s WAY ahead of me in the creativity department. I’m learning … bit by bit … and that’s good enough for me now. I did notice the changes at your blog and using the templates is something I’ve been meaning to experiment with too.

Tammy – You’re most welcome.

Sandy - I’m delighted to have ‘made your weekend’ ;--)

Mama Zen – I’m relieved to know I’m not the only one. You’re quite welcome.

Karen – Heheh … sounds like the story of my life recently … things keep falling through the proverbial cracks and catching up with me. You’re welcome, of course and I'm glad you still enjoy my Haiku musings.

To all – I’m not sure where the weekend went, but I’m delighted to discover all your comments here and it’s a pleasure to respond. I’m moving S L O W L Y again today … trying to remain ‘centered & calm’ as I do what I can. I hope you’re all having a marvelous Monday.
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller, congratulations! And thank you for giving me this award. It's a very pretty graphic, too. I am looking forward to getting it posted within the next few days.

I am following you, too! :-)

I sure do empathize with your haiku. I'm in the same boat. It seems lately something happens whenever I get close to getting caught up on everything. Then I find myself losing ground.

I've decided we will persevere and prevail!!!

Hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina Coruth – You’re most welcome … and thanks for ‘following’ … just because. As for the ‘craziness’ and ‘distractions’ … they continue of course, but I’m trying to make the best choices I can each day and surrender the rest. I appreciate you dropping by and catching up on both my blogs.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails