I'm joining Mimi Lenox and many other bloggers in the 4th Blog Blast for Peace (for a 2nd time this morning) ... and invite YOU to join the wave today on your Blog. Just click Mimi's link and read the directions for getting your own Peace Globe to personalize and publish. Then follow the directions to share with others through her official sites ... and visit others blogging for peace today.
A little while ago I posted my 1st Blog Blast for Peace at SacredRuminations ... and I hope you'll visit it too since that Peace Globe (and post) is different than this one. I refer you also to my 7th Heads or Tails post containing Quotes and Images of Peace (as well as links to others who participated that week).
2. "War is an invention of the human mind. The human mind can invent peace with justice." Norman Cousins
3. "It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." Alfred Adler
4. "Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity." Albert Einstein
5. "We cannot change the past, but we can change our attitude toward it. Uproot guilt and plant forgiveness. Tear out arrogance and seed humility. Exchange love for hate --- thereby, making the present comfortable and the future promising." Maya Angelou
6. "If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies." Moshe Dayan
7. "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." Issac Assimov
8. "If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how?" Joan Baez
9. "This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before." Leonard Bernstein
10. "Peace is that state in which fear of any kind is unknown." John Buchan
11. "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." Buddha
12. "It's not so much that we're afraid of change or so in love with the old ways, but it's that place in between that we fear .... It's like being between trapezes. It's Linus when his blanket is in the dryer. There's nothing to hold on to." Marilyn Ferguson
13. "Nothing is so strong as gentleness; nothing so gentle as real strength." St Francis de Sales
Do you have a favorite you'd like to add?