Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Ultimate Blog Party!

After visiting lots of blogs sporting this banner during the past few days and meeting even more stay-at-home-moms than I've met through participating in Haiku Friday weekly, I notice that some older bloggers like me have decided to 'crash' this Blog Party and introduce ourselves too.

When sharing a bit of Spring sunshine and a colorful collage of flowers from my yard here at Small Reflections on Saturday, I was tempted to add the 'logo' ... but didn't. Today, however, I'm putting my little blog 'out there' ... throwing open the doors and inviting visitors in ... looking forward to meeting new friends.

I've got freshly squeezed lemonade made with
Meyer lemons from my tree.


but if you'd rather, there's
freshly brewed coffee and/or tea (iced or hot)
... with fresh fruit ...

and other tasty snacks to munch while we visit.


I'm a happily retired educator living 'the good life' in a Southern California beach community with my 3 year old Labrador Retriever, Molly, and considerably older black feral cat, Ms. Kitty. I've written of them often and posted many photos ... most recently here. I started blogging here and at Sacred Ruminations late last October (knowing little or nothing about how to do anything in this 'virtual' world) ... and LOVE everything about it so far!

Just about everything there is to know about me is in my list of 101 Things About Me.

My Top 7 in 07 Small is Beautiful Review offers a sampling of my early posts.

I've made lots of Blogging Buddies who love to give & receive 'bling' ... (as do I) ... and you can meet some of them here because I enjoy passing along link-love regularly ... introducing folks to one another.

Would you care for some more lemonade ...

chips & salsa or guacamole?

The avocados are so good already this year!

Let's see ... what more shall I share about myself?

I participate in Haiku Friday here at Small Reflections and at Sacred Ruminations, Thursday Thirteen, Wordless Wednesday, and Sacred Life Sunday. Clicking on these links will take you to just those types of posts.

I've published a variety of memes along the way. Here's a link to my Photobucket. For the past two weeks I've joined the Meme Monday and Ten on Tuesday bloggers ... learning a bit more about them as I share about myself. I've just recently discovered One Single Impression and plan to participate with that group weekly.

I did NaBloPoMo & Holidailies in 2007 and I'm participating in Blog 365 this year, however my posts seldom show up in the MegaFeed because of a glitch.

How about a bit of tea or coffee


with some freshly baked cookies
before you leave?


I'm a member of Bloggers Over 50 ... Grateful Gals (I love to write & read gratitude posts) ... and Everyday Kindness. I try to remember to end each of my posts with a Thought for the Day, just as I did every day I spent in the classroom with children. Recently, I celebrated my 63rd birthday and enjoyed sharing it with my blogging buddies!

I appreciate you stopping by today ... hope you've enjoyed your visit & will want to return when time permits. I look forward to visiting your blog and getting better acquainted with you, so I hope you'll leave a comment with a link today. If there's anything you'd like to ask, feel free and I'll be delighted to respond.

Thought for Today
The greatest contribution that you can make is the aliveness that comes from simply being yourself, living your truth, and doing what you love. The passionate expression of who we are will heal the world." Shatki Gawain

34 comments:

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Whew, sounds like you are super busy with blog activities. What a fun way to meet new people and share some delicious lemonade.

Have fun partying this week!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Party! What a great blog you have! It's going to be a fun week. Hop over to mine, so we can meet!

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!

Greatfullivin said...

I just love learning more about you! I too have an older black cat. We sure have our animals in common! While I am not really participating in the ultimate blog party, I love the whole idea, getting a little better view of my online friends. Have a sweet day!

Unknown said...

Woah! That was a lot of good stuff! I think you spent as much time as I did on mine today haha Fantastic - clever, colorful and yes, I shall partake in all the food and drink. hehehe Oh, and I will be reading those other links I failed to read b4...in the interim, come by and get your present (here: http://rnning2wn2.blogspot.com/2008/03/spreading-lovies.html)

Also, my WW is cute. It's here: http://rnning2wn2.blogspot.com/2008/03/wordless-wednesday-19-tuesday-edition.html.

*hugs*

Blessed said...

Welcome to the party and thanks for hoping over to my blog! This has been great fun - I love your book list it looks a lot like mine... the titles go on and on and on :)

storyteller said...

Amy – Yup … I do luv my blogging ;--)
I enjoyed visiting your blog today, so thanks for visiting and leaving the link.

Kristen – It’s nice to meet you! I enjoyed my visit to your blog but wasn’t able to leave a comment. I hope you got my emailed version.

Storm – Why thanks … and the feeling’s mutual. Your ‘Make Me Laugh Monday’ post defining politics will have me chuckling indefinitely today and your ‘Champ’ reminds me of my first dog, Ralph … so sweet!

Greatfullivin – Why thanks … that’s so sweet of you to say ;--)

I wasn’t going to participate, but then I noticed that Cricket was ‘crashing the party’ and thought … why not? So … that’s what I did.

Chuck – Yez … I spent considerable time creating it (I am obsessive, ya know, with lots of 'discretionary' time) and when I entertain, things need to be special ;--)

I’ll definitely be by in a little while … maybe right away now that I see you’ve left me a present becuz I luv gifts!!!!! I also like ‘cute’ things … and have trouble delaying gratification … so as soon as I publish this, I’ll be there.

Blessed – Thanks and you’re welcome. I enjoyed getting acquainted and am sure I’ll return when time permits. I’ll be reading you in Google Reader for sure.

Thanks to all of you for stopping by. I love visitors and comments ever so much. Hope you're having a delightful day.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

It's great to meet you, have a happy party!

Betty said...

Thank you, I'll have some cookies and lemonade although it all looks good except the coffee this time of day. I have two or three cups of coffee in the mornings and then I'm through with it until the next morning.

As always, I enjoyed your post, especially the thought for the day. Always a good one.

Amy Wyatt said...

Thanks for stopping by my party. I so enjoyed yours. "Storyteller" caught my attention as my in-laws are professional story tellers and started a festival where they live. Looks like we have lots of the same books and movies in common. Hope you will visit again. I'm sure I'll be back. It looks like you are very busy in the blogging world. Have a great party.

Sonya said...

You made me so hungry with your mention of lemonade, cookies, salsa, and guacamole! I hope you meet tons of new people during this blog party!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Have a great little party... party hearty and don't be a stranger... take care

Anonymous said...

Lovely Party!

I'm inviting you to party with me!

Win some chocolate from my-sister-in-law and I...we blog about CHOCOLATE...me from Australia...and her from Michigan. Here's the link: http://thechocolistas.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

What am I doing in Australia? I married an Aussie...and moved to Brisbane, leaving my family and friends and all the right-side-of-the-road drivers in America.

Win a handmade pocket place mat from my blog Comfort Joy Designs. Here's the link:
http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Want to know more about life in Australia? Visit my A Cup of Joy site where I keep up with my family and friends in America. Here's the link:
http://acupofjoy.wordpress.com/

Happy Partying!

Eve said...

Running out of steam. Just a quick "hello" today.

Melissa Markham said...

I had such a hard time deciding whether to drink the lemonade first or enjoy the fruit first or just enjoy the cool ocean breezes. Your corner of the Internet is lovely. Thanks for inviting us to your party!

storyteller said...

Wondermommy – Why thanks for stopping by and looking around while I was out. I hope you helped yourself to some ‘goodies’ and enjoyed looking around.

Betty – I know what you mean. I drink coffee in the morning (half-café actually) but switch to tea in the afternoon. Thanks for the feedback about my daily quotes.

AmyWyatt – It was definitely my pleasure. This UBP is such a marvelous idea and I’m happy to join the fun because it’s fun to meet and entertain new bloggers. I’ve noted URLs as I’ve been out visiting and will add them to Google Reader to keep up in the days and weeks to come.

Sonya – Oh, I’m sorry if I tempted you with my ‘treats’ … but you’ll note many of them were ‘healthy’ choices because I’m counting points too ;--)

Fliss and Mike – Why thanks … I’m having a grand time and hope you enjoyed your visit today.

BrineS – Entertaining like this can be fun! It’s growing late for me tonight, but I’ll be sure to stop by tomorrow … and maybe even sample some chocolates.

Eve – I appreciate your visits however brief. Get some rest and feel better soon. I’ll have ‘goodies’ here indefinitely.

MelissaM – Ah … such decisions like this can be difficult :--)
You’re most welcome and thanks for the feedback. I try to make things pleasant for visitors.

It’s so nice to meet all you ‘new party goers’ and if I’ve not visited your blog yet, I’ll do so tomorrow. I hope you’ve had a delightful day and that you’ll return when time permits.
Hugs and blessings,

RW said...

You should get your blog out there it is a awesome blog!! :D

Momisodes said...

Wow! You are a wonderful hostess :) That all sounds lovely! I too noticed the blog party this week. I love 5 Min for Mom. I had a great opportunity to interview them last year on Connectingmoms, and the sisters there are just the sweetest :)

Thanks so much for stopping by Momisodes today and offering you kind words. I do wish I was still in SoCal so we could meet!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I agree with Amy, you do have a lot going on with your blogging activities, but like you said, you love it! :)

Keep up the great work and enjoy the blog party!

storyteller said...

Roger – Why thank you. What a lovely compliment ;--)

Sandy – You’re so welcome! If I could help, I certainly would. You’ve got so much on your plate these days that I worry about you a bit … but I also trust that you’re wise enough to figure it out and bring some balance to your 'crazy' life soon.

JoLynn – You’re right. I do spend lots of time (perhaps more than I should) at the computer … but this is all still quite new to me since I only started a little more than four months ago. I notice you respond to comments on your blog as I do here, so I’m hoping you checked the little box to receive follow up comments in email.

I appreciate each of you visiting and leaving your thoughts here for me to find this morning. I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!
Hugs and blessings,

Mother of Invention said...

You are for sure The Superest Most Active Blogger of anyone I know!
Do you see yourself as active in this a few years down the road? I'm sort of struggling with it running its course right now.

Thanks for the yummy and friendly hospitality!

ellen b. said...

Fun party! Thanks for all the treats. happy belated birthday...

Karen said...

Yum, yum! Okay, today I'm going to have to go with the coffee and cookies...I'm feeling a little chilled.

Love it!

Kimmie said...

Hello and So Very Nice To Meet You!

I came here from Roger's blog, and so Happy that I did. For some reason I felt a Kindred Spirit when I read your posts. Your Party is Lovely, I too like to present food in a colorful and beautiful way when entertaining. Must be the Martha in us! Smiles!

I will have to come back and read some more, I am painting paper mache eggs today and am very behind! So blogging is going to the back burner for a few hours!

Please feel free to visit my blog anytime. I love Visitors and also I would love for you to sign my Guestbook at the bottom of the page if you would like!

Have a Blessed Day!

Kimmie
Olde Lavender Prims

storyteller said...

MoI – I suppose you’re right! I do enjoy this blogging phenomenon (at least for now) … but I’ve only been at it for about 4 months so I have no idea how ‘active’ I’ll be a year from now. I’ve already cut back on my 2nd blog … posting there only 3 or 4 times each week for the past couple of months. That helps ;--)

Ellen – Thanks on all counts! I do enjoy ‘entertaining’ in this manner because there’s no need to clean house first! LOL

Karen – Coffee and cookies coming up! You can stop by later for lemonade if you need a break. Nathan and Molly can play together.

Kimmie – I’m delighted that you stopped by and introduced yourself. I’ll certainly visit later today. I’m a bit overloaded myself at the moment and Molly is demanding I stop ignoring her … so when I finish responding to comments we’re headed for Dog Beach so I can wear her out!

It’s so enjoyable to find you’ve left your ‘calling cards’ in my absence. I’ve been visiting Wordless Wednesday, One Single Impression, and other ‘party posts’ this morning while also dropping in on blogging buddies as much as possible. There’s just too much happening in the ‘virtual’ world today!
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Hi Storyteller,

I enjoyed my visit and learning more about you! The guacamole and chips were delicious. The lemonade superb!
Thank you!

Tina

Laura said...

Wow- you have a meyer lemon tree in your backyard?! Lucky. They make great meyer lemon compote or marmelade. Yum.

Happy blog party!!

Laura said...

Wow- you have a meyer lemon tree in your backyard?! Lucky. They make great lemon compote or marmelade. Yum.

Happy blog party!!

storyteller said...

Tina– I’m happy your computer is working again so you could visit and I’m glad you enjoyed the lemonade and snacks while you got acquainted.

Laura – Actually the Meyer lemon is in my front yard because the backyard is tiny and filled with concrete … but yes, I’m definitely lucky and the tree is prolific enough to keep me and my friends in lemons. Wow … the recipes on your blog look tempting and tasty indeed. I’ve bookmarked it so I can return when time permits. Thanks for leaving the link.

I hope you’re both having a delightful day! I appreciate you spending some of it here.
Hugs and blessings,

maeflower said...

Thanks for the lemonaide. Happy blogging!!

Un-Domestic Mama said...

Hey great Party!!! Thanks for visiting me. I am gonna take a look around.

storyteller said...

Mae – You’re welcome. I’m happy you were able to visit ;--)

Un-Domestic Mamma – It was my pleasure. Thanks for following the link back here.

I hope you both enjoyed my ‘party post’ and my blog.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my beach party. I don't actually live at the beach though, just use my blog to remind me of my love for it and how I wish I could live there all year long. You however, do live near the beach, so I will try not to be too jealous. Your Lab sounds like he would have a blast with my dogs.

storyteller said...

BeachMama – You’re welcome. It was my pleasure. Ah, yes … I am fortunate to live where I do … and appreciate it daily. This morning the sounds of the ocean are louder than usual indicating ‘surf’s up’ … storm is on the way. Methinks rain is predicted for the weekend and that’s a good thing since I’ve not watered the yard all week … and now may not have to ;--)
Thanks for visiting my little corner of this ‘virtual world’ … and I hope you’ll return soon.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails