Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, March 21, 2008

Haiku Friday #23 - Tennis on my Mind


Late today with my
Haiku Friday post because
I'm a tennis fan!

Nadal on a roll!
Tsonga first and then James Blake
... each exciting wins!

Djokovic as well
on a winning streak defeats
Wawrinka in two.

Federer and Haas
battle on today in a
Quarterfinal match

as does Mardy Fish
who will play Nalbandian
hoping to move on.




Sharapova and
Kuznetsova ... Russians matched
then the Serbians

Janovic against
Ivanovic ... Who will be
in the final match?

Lindsey Davenport
coming back at 31
has an injured back

forcing her to pull
out before completing the
match with Jankovic.

Of course I will be
watching tennis matches through
Sunday afternoon.

Federer shows no
mercy ... winning Ljubicic
on the Serb's birthday.


For a Mr. Linky to other Haiku Fridays
go to A Mommy Story or
Playgroups are no Place for Children.

Click for Haiku Friday Volume 22.
on 'Shifting Priorities'
and Volume 24 on Tennis ... Again

To see my previous Haikus,
click on the Haiku Friday label below this post
or in the sidebar under About Me.

Happy Easter to all!

Thought for Today
"If you can react the same way to winning and losing, that's a big accomplishment. That quality is important because it stays with you the rest of your life, and there's going to be a life after tennis that's a lot longer than your tennis
life." Chris Evert

25 comments:

Ivanhoe said...

You really like tennis, don't you?!? Good for you, I am crazy about NFL!

Joy Des Jardins said...

What a GREAT tennis Haiku Virginia....you kill me. Happy Easter to you too sweetie...

Tina Coruth said...

Hi Storyteller,

Very nice haiku! I like that quote by Chris Evert. She is one smart lady. I never really got into tennis. But there is one match I watched that I will never forget. Bjorn Borg was playing one of the bad boys of tennis. I can't remember if it was McEnroe or Connors. But Borg's racket broke so he used his foot to hit the ball back over the net. Much to my surprise McEnroe (or Connors) dropped his racket and did the same. It was a riot and so nice to see the humor of those two men!

Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Tina

Anonymous said...

very good! i have no idea who any of those tennis players are. i'm quite impressed.

Kat said...

Wow! That is an impressive haiku!

Unknown said...

Have a Happy Easter. Bjorn who?

Anonymous said...

Nice job! I don't follow tennis, but I'm impressed you made all the names fit perfectly!

Momisodes said...

LOL! You are such a dedicated fan :) A lovely haiku and pics! Hope you're having a great Friday.

Akelamalu said...

I love watching Wimbledon but I don't get time to watch tennis otherwise.

storyteller said...

Ivanhoe – Yes, I love tennis though I watch almost no other sporting events ;--)

Joy – Thanks for the ‘kudos’ … and Happy Easter to you too!

Tina – I remember that match. It was a wonderful moment actually … methinks it was Connors, but I’m not absolutely sure.

Transplanting Me – The men and the women are the top players at the moment … so the ‘right’ players are where they’re supposed to be … except for James Blake and Mardy Fish. Everyone expected Blake to win last night’s match with Nadal and Hewitt to win the previous match with Fish. I was hoping Lindsey would take Jankovic, but injury prevented that.

Kathryn – Thanks … you know how I love tennis and Haiku ;--)

LceeL – Happy Easter to you too! I hope you’re joking about Bjorn Borg.

Maggie – It took me a little while because my attention was diverted as I watched the Janokvic-Davenport match … but Haiku comes pretty easy to me.

Sandy – Yes … that I am! Actually, Picasa gave me a bit of trouble this morning too because I couldn’t get it to ‘see’ all the newly added tennis photos right away. Hopefully I’ve resolved that issue permanently.

Akelamalu – I usually watch the four ‘majors’ and not the ‘smaller tournaments, but I ‘happened upon’ this one by chance mid-way through and have been ‘hooked’ ever since by excellent matches!

I appreciate all of you stopping by today and leaving your comments even though most of you aren’t ‘tennis fans’ yourself. Have a wonderful Easter weekend!
Hugs and blessings,

the planet of janet said...

wow. that was VERY impressive!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Now that's a great ku!

Danielle said...

Great Tennis 'Ku!

Love the quote too. Happy Friday!

Scylla said...

Fantastic Haiku!!

Melissa said...

Nicely done!

Maybe I'll do one about MLS when their season starts next week. :)

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Oh, tennis is on?
We won't see you in blog land
Until it's over!

Joyce said...

Great tennis haikus! You are one devoted tennis fan. :) Enjoy.

Sue said...

Tennis haukus - you're adorable! :)

That Tsonga, I caught a bit of him at the Australian Open (on the teev, not in person) and gee, he is fantastic to watch!

What tournament is it you're watching?

Anonymous said...

Storyteller, you're the only person who makes tennis interesting to me!

Mary said...

Virginia,

Easter blessings to you and your family.
Mary

Karen said...

It amazes me how you (seemingly) effortlessly come out with these haikus--Wow!

Hootin Anni said...

I did your quote tag today.

Just popping by to wish you and yours the best Easter ever.

storyteller said...

Janet – Thanks … I’m a true fan of tennis and Haiku.

MamaGeek – I appreciate the kind words ;--)

MamaDB – I know not everyone ‘relates’ to the tennis, but I write what’s on my mind each week. Glad you enjoyed the quote.

Scylla – Kind of you to say so :--)

Melissa – You provided my original example for these Haiku Friday pieces, so I’ll look forward to seeing what you do with MLS.

MPJ
Fortunately this
tournament ends Sunday … so
I’ll be blogging soon.

Joyce – You’re correct about my ‘devotion’ to tennis tournaments. It’s always enjoyable.

Sue – You caught me indulging two passions at once … tennis and Haiku. It’s the Pacific Life Open, the first of the season on US soil … in Indian Wells, California.

Mary – Thanks … and may your Easter be blessed as well.

Karen – I do have fun with them … and it’s all the more enjoyable when they bring delight to others as well.

Hootin’ Anni – Great … I’ll be over in a little while to see what you’ve done.

I’m running later than usual this morning, but always find comments delightful to discover in the morning. Thanks to each of you for visiting … sharing your thoughts … and putting up with my passions ;--)
Happy Easter one and all!
Hugs and blessings,

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

You were very haikurific. :) Nice job...

storyteller said...

Rebecca – I love the term ‘haikuific’ … and the images it conjures up. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving the link to your blog.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails