Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter (and yet another Tennis Update)


Women's final match
Kuznetsova played well, but
not aggressively

so Ivanovic
won the match in just two sets!
Now I shall watch Fish


play against the Serb,
Djokovic ... and hope it is
an exciting match!

When somebody wins,
I'll return to add a bit
more to this Haiku.


(5:15 PM addendum after the match)

Mardy Fish looked flat
in the first set after ten
hours on the courts

winning matches with
other players who were ranked
well above him ... yet

in the second set
just when Fish looked down and out
Mardy raised his game

surprising us all
once again! In a third set
Fish gave it his all

but the Serb did too.
Djokovic is champion
of this tournament!


Thought for Today
"What makes something special is not what you have to gain, but what you feel there is to lose." Andre Agassi

In case you missed these ...
there's more 'tennis' info in this week's T-13,
Friday's Haikus (here & here) and in
Saturday's post that also contains
some Easter fun!
Check them out
;--)

6 comments:

RW said...

Happy Easter and fun tennis watching to you!!

Kayce aka lucy said...

love the easter joke...and from the photos, i am beginning to see why you might like watching tennis so much :-)

Sonya said...

I love the cartoon! I haven't been watching tennis lately since it's March and that means March Madness! I'll get back into it soon enough though! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Anonymous said...

Love the Easter joke :D
Happy Easter Monday to you - hope you have some time off and enjoy it :D!

(Not much of a Tennis fan here ;) )

Karen said...

I hope you had a lovely Easter!

storyteller said...

Roger – Thanks … the tennis was most entertaining this week!

Lucy – I thought it was funny when I came across it elsewhere and couldn’t resist passing it along. Yes, tennis can be exciting to watch!

Sonya – Hmmm … March Madness. I’ve heard the term, am unfamiliar with it’s meaning, but I assume it’s a ‘distraction’ and/or drain on your time … and THAT I do understand.

Nicole – Fortunately … ‘time off’ is the ‘normal state of being’ for me in retirement, but somehow life is BUSY indeed!

Karen – Thanks … and ditto ;--)

With my sister ‘on the road’ … my Easter was ‘low-key’ … spent mostly at home watching tennis as is evident in today’s post. Molly, however, did get me outside for some exercise and interaction with neighbors … and it was a gorgeous Spring day here at the beach in So Cal. My sister and I did have a pleasant ‘chat’ on the cell phone. I appreciate all of you sharing a bit of your Easter weekend stopping by Small Reflections. May you have a wonderful week!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails