Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, December 30, 2007

I can hardly believe it myself, but ...

I'm not quite sure what possessed me, but I've committed myself to Blog 365 this morning. It had a lot to do with all those follow-up comments from Sandy's post at Momisodes announcing her decision to go for it.

NaBloPoMo got me started in November and then Holidailies kept me going for December. I resisted, then wavered (trying twice unsuccessfully to log on to the Ning site). In the end, I left it up to the Universe to decide for me. This morning I tried for the 3rd time, telling myself that if I couldn't log on at Ning today ... I'd pass on the project.

When I found myself connected, it seemed inevitable. I'm NOT committing to blog on BOTH sites every day (although I ma
y do so, just as I have for my 1st two months in the "virtual" world) ... however this "incentive" may keep me blogging when I'm tempted to slack off, and (as with NaBloPoMo and Holidailies) I'll continue to meet new Bloggers who pass this way. If anyone wishes to join the fun, just click on the link below and/or at the top of my sidebar for additional information and/or read on for the rules.


The Rules

1. Blog everyday for 365 days.

2. Feb.29th is a Free Day and will be the Blog365 day of rest!
(Thanks Leap Year)

3. You do not HAVE to post to the same blog as long as you post everyday.

4. No internet? Write your post locally and post it once you are back on the grid.

5. Computer Broken? Grab some paper and do some old school blogging.

6. A post is a post, not everything has to be in writing. Photos, YouTube videos, and the like are all considered content.

7. Have fun, because that’s the whole point!

Any takers?

6 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Nope. I'm already working hard as a mama 365 days a year and put enough pressure on myself to post every day. My goal is to post 5 times a week instead of 7 in 2008!

Momisodes said...

Wahoo!!! I'm so proud of you :) 2008 is going to be very, very interesting....I do believe we may need to Meme, tag, and hoopla each other this year to pull each other through :) Thank goodness the rules are nice and lenient!

storyteller said...

MPJ - Re: the Blog 365 challenge, a year from now I may be doing the same as you (as in cutting back from 7 to 5 blog posts per week). However, being the "newbie" I am, with no kids to parent, no husband for company, and my sister "on the road" indefinitely ... this seems do-able to me on ONE blog. If it doesn't work out, I'll removed the badges and "retire" gracefully. I'm no fool ... no sirree!

Sandy - Yes, it is a good thing rules are lenient. I'm hoping I won't regret this decision, but with you to cheer me on ... perhaps it will work out for the best. Time will tell. For now at least, I'm "in" ... but I'm not saying thank you just yet. LOL
Hugs and blessings,

Grandy said...

Hey lady...the man in the little white coats are here at the door...whatdya want me to tell them?? ;)

No, I'm kidding. Good for you!!!!

Kara said...

Grandy sure made me laugh! I'm chiming in to say I think you can do this. Nothing in the rules says you have to lengthy - just post everyday. That said you still won't find me signing up.....but I will be interested to see just how the year of blog posting evolves for you. Happy New Year!

storyteller said...

Grandy and Kara,
I may be sorry in a few months, but for now it seems okay to me. I've had no second thoughts or moments of panic ... and that's a good sign. I am just committing (perhaps not the best word choice, but such is life) myself to one blog or the other rather than both ... though I suspect I will post on both daily as I've done for my first 10 weeks. Can you believe it's just been 10 weeks? I've learned a ton already and look forward to 2008.

Happy New Year's Eve to you and yours. Stop by and get your thank you graphics (or not) as time permits. Did I mention today's Molly's 3rd birthday? It is!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails