Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wordless Wednesday - Taos, New Mexico

Click for more Wordless Wednesday participants.
For more of my WW posts, click on the label
or the link in my sidebar.

Thought for Today
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do."
Benjamin Franklin


15 comments:

Momisodes said...

I love that art piece :) Very nice! I've never been to New Mexico, but I have always wanted to visit. I've only heard great things. Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday!

Eve said...

New Mexico is for lovers. That's a very interesting piece of sculpture.

Anonymous said...

I live in NM too! Silver City. I didn't think anyone else lived here. *lol*
Beautiful pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

That's an interesting piece. I wonder what's that. Okay, you can call me a dumb-o for that. Heheh.

BTW, New Mexico conjures romantic thought..Heheh..although I have never been there.

Makimeji
Verb

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I LOVE NM! What an interesting piece of artwork - so ornate!

RW said...

Very cool shot!!

Bren said...

Interesting piece! Love NM as well although I haven't been in years.

Anonymous said...

What an interesting construction :D
Would love to go to New Mexico one day!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful sculpture! I've never seen anything like it. Happy WW

storyteller said...

This is such a ‘familiar’ figure in the American Southwest, I assumed everyone would recognize Kokopelli. I realize that assumption was faulty … so I’m adding the ‘link’ to the Wikipedia reference here belatedly. Perhaps I’ll revise the post later as well if time permits and memory doesn’t fail me ;--)

Sandy – New Mexico is certainly worth a visit … especially Taos and Santa Fe.

Eve – Hmmm, I didn’t know that … but I can believe it.

Sher – As I explained when I visited your blog, I don’t live in NM … but I visited Taos last summer for a couple of weeks and encountered this metal sculpture there.

Zamejias – Eve said something similar about NM. I’ve included a reference at the top of this comment to provide information about the figure depicted.

Mama Geek – This was one of many metal sculptures near a restaurant we ate dinner at when the retreat ended. I thought it the most recognizable.

Roger – I’m happy you think so ;--)

Bren – I hadn’t been to the Southwest for many years until last summer. I enjoyed my 3 week trip through the territory by car and stopped at many interesting places along the way.

Nicole – It’s certainly worth a visit if you have the time. I have more photos of this area in the sidebar of my other blog.

Kat – Thanks, and happy WW to you as well ;--)

I appreciate your comments and apologize for failing to identify the sculpture in the post. Live and learn, right? Right! I hope you had a wonderful Wednesday and are enjoying the rest of your week also.
Hugs and blessings,

Betty said...

Nice choice for WW. I love your thought for the day at the bottom of your WW posting.

Karen said...

I'm having a flashback...I'm so grateful when you post Taos pics--it's like a warm hug through the internet.

storyteller said...

Betty – Thanks. I really did think everyone would recognize Kokopelli. Silly me ;--)

Karen – I’m glad you enjoy them. I like ‘revisiting’ that time as well. I just read your Friday Feast and loved it! I’ll have to give it a go sometime. I had trouble with my 2nd Haiku today and it might have been a good time … if I’d remembered.

I appreciate each of you visiting and sharing your thoughts.
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Very interesting!

hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina – I’m happy you think so ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails