Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, March 7, 2008

Haiku Friday #19 and a Friendly Invitation


Almost 5 AM
15 comments waiting for
a response from me

on my T-13
(moms and babies -- oh so sweet)
wordlessly collaged

yesterday and shared
here for all to see, but then
busy I became.

One of them a 'tag'
by my new friend Chuck and so
torn I am because

I do want to play ;--)
yet it's Friday and Haiku's
what I love to do

so ... perhaps I'll add
one right here and do the rest
Saturday instead.

If you missed last week's
Haiku Friday
post you'll want
to go there this morn

since I left some 'bling'
for my blogging buddies and
you might be among

those I listed if
you've left comments here before.
So please look & see.

For a Mr. Linky to other Haiku Fridays
go to A Mommy Story or
Playgroups are no Place for Children.

Click for Haiku Friday Volume 18.
(It was my 1st Message in a Bottle)

To see my previous Haikus,
click on the Haiku Friday label below this post
or in the sidebar under About Me.

Now for one of Chuck's tags in Meme Catchup (Hold the Mayo) ... and I hope you'll play along just because I've invited you today.

Friendship Chain

~~Begin Copy~~


This is the easy way and the fastest way to :

1. Make your Authority Technorati explode.
2. Increase your Google Page Rank.
3. Get more traffic to your blog.
4. Makes more new friends.

Rules :

1. Start copy from “Begin Copy” until “End Copy” to your blog.
2. Put your own blog name and link.
3. Tag your friends as much as you can.1. Picturing of Life 2. Juliana’s Site 3. Hazel-My Life, My Hope, My Future.4. Jeanne-The Callalily Space 5. Colin from Life 6. Foster Me Up 7. Small Reflections 8. PUT YOURSELF HERE

~~End Copy~~

If you're in my blogroll, then I especially invite you to play, but all in all, anybody can play. Please join in if you wish.

Thought for Today
"It is better to ask some questions than to know all the answers." James Thurber

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

it does seem to roll around quickly. i had an entirely different post ready to go and then remembered it was friday!

suchsimplepleasures said...

i keep getting tagged for memes...and i have some bling to brag about...yet, somehow...i never remember to post about it because of things like tt and haiku friday!! then, there's scrolling saturday. perhaps a meme on sunday for all the memes that we don't do during the week, is in order!!

Akelamalu said...

Great Haiku.

The tag has been doing the rounds for a while I think I am on it somewhere!

Kat said...

I have some memes stored up that I have to do. I'll get to it someday. ;)

Unknown said...

My sweet pea, you are a dear. But, you never ever have to play these silly games. What's happened to me is I'm doing them out of guilt. Only twice have they been fun. I really need to do what's best for me, as you should always do yourself. Turns out my blog is turning into memeland and I don't want that. Thx though for playing 'cause you always say such nice things about me...btw: did you see I nominated you as a top 5 blog??? Curious. Love ya tons my friend!!

Unknown said...

Great 'ku. I mean it. Really great 'ku.

the planet of janet said...

fun 'ku...

friday does tend to creep up on me sometimes!

storyteller said...

Transplanting Me - This is so true … although I admit I look forward to Fridays because of the Haiku. I never seem to write it ahead of time however because I prefer to let these posts (here and on my other blog) be more spontaneous. I hope you’ll use the other post another day.

SSP – Yez … I’ve got a folder with memes that have been stacking up for months now. There’s a group that does Meme Monday and I’m thinking about saving most (if not all) future meme for that day.

Akelamalu – Thanks … and I believe I’ve seen it previously but resisted participating until today on the spur of the moment ;--)

Kathryn – No pressure from me on this! I tend to do the memes that capture my imagination (like Message in a Bottle and Photobucket) and let others sit in a folder for someday when I have no inspiration.

Chuck – Not to worry. I feel no pressure. I just enjoy hassling ya a bit! LOL I’ve let LOTS of memes gone unnoticed (some totally ignored and/or un-remarked upon) … and I don’t want either of my blogs to fall into a ‘rut’ … yet I do enjoy Wordless Wednesday, T-13, and Haiku Fridays because they provide structure with freedom of expression (if that makes sense). Meme Monday may address the ‘meme’ issue if I decide to do it on a semi-regular basis. Yes I did notice you nominated by blog and I’m honored indeed. I’m thinking about who I might want to nominate in turn … and will letcha know when I get ‘a round tuit’ … I promise! Feeling’s mutual friend!

LceeL – I’m feeling wonderful at this high praise from a ‘Ku’ master like yourself! Your ‘100 word challenge’ Haiku left me ‘wordless’ … seriously! Looks like that might be a ‘Thursday’ event … so maybe I’ll take it up on my other blog since I do T-13 here weekly.

Janet – I love Haiku Friday … I just felt a bit flustered this morning because I was busy yesterday and didn’t get ‘computer’ tasks tended to the way I usually do.

I appreciate all of you visiting and commenting on my Haiku today. I hope you’re having a fabulous Friday and that the weekend is wonderful!
Hugs and blessings,

Scylla said...

Lovely haiku again!! Thanks for the bling, I haven't been playing much this week, too many sick kids.

I may meme later though.... looks like fun.

Momisodes said...

Boy can I relate to the "busy I became" :)

I still can't get over the fact that you're awake at 5am! :)

Great Haiku. It reads effortlessly as always. Have a great Friday!

Anonymous said...

Loving your haiku skills! The "busy I became" keeps happening to me, too...

storyteller said...

Scylla – I’m happy you enjoy my ‘Ku & the ‘bling’… sorry about the sick kids and hope everyone’s well soon. Let me know if you ‘meme’ so I can visit and comment ;--)

Sandy – I bet! I don’t know how you manage everything … but then I remind myself that you’re young. LOL

Actually 5am is late for me! I’m usually up between 3:30 and 4am … but I crashed later than usual last night and was tired from a busier than usual day. You know how I love writing Haiku ;--)

Maggie – Heheh … life has a way of sneaking up on us doesn’t it?

I appreciate all the kind words about my ‘Ku-ing’ … it’s such fun to write these each week and to enjoy what others write too. I hope you’re having a fantastic Friday!
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

I'm one of the people who hosts haiku Friday and I almost always forget about it til the last minute!

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Oh, but you didn't haiku the friendship chain! You were my inspiration both for starting to do Haiku Friday and for doing memes in haiku!

SandyCarlson said...

I'm glad you'll be joining in One Single Impression, Storyteller. I enjoy reading your work.

storyteller said...

Jennifer – I’m happy to know it’s not just me ;--)

MPJ – I know … and I’m happy to be your inspiration in this way. I’m truly sorry I didn’t take the time this morning, but I woke up later than usual and discovered the ‘tag’ on a comment left yesterday. I guess I didn’t give myself enough time to ‘think’ before I published … so you outdid me today and I’ll try to do better from now on. Yours was most impressive!!!

SandyCarlson – Thanks for the welcome! I’m looking forward to participating … and will try to post something tomorrow at Sacred Ruminations to go with the 1st prompt.

I appreciate each of you for visiting and this afternoon!
Hugs and blessings,

Joy Des Jardins said...

Virginia, I sent you an e-mail about the Meme...I've revised my post because I'm pretty sure those extra names shouldn't be in it...those are people I'm tagging. Sorry for any confusion sweetie...

Eve said...

I have an award for you at my blog. You can pick it up the next time you stop by.

storyteller said...

Joy – Thanks! I read the email and made some adjustments of my own. I hope we’ve finally got it right! Heheheh … blogging life presents interesting challenges doesn’t it? Confusion is a normal state for me frequently, but I laugh things off for the most part ... fully recognizing laughter is good.

Eve – Oh my! Thanks for this nifty award! I’ll display it proudly here and pass it along to others. I appreciate you thinking of me ;--)

I hope you’re both not ‘snowed in’ again this weekend, and I’m sending warm Spring thoughts your way as I post this response.
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

My brain seems to have gone into silly mode this week--I definitely remember reading this post, but I never commented. (And you know that's just not me! ;) I've always got two cents to put in!)

I so look forward to your haikus, Storyteller--and to learn that you don't do them ahead of time? Ye gods, woman, you put us all to shame?! You are a pro!

storyteller said...

Karen – Hehehe … it’s reassuring to know such things happen to one so young as you ;--)

I love the fact that you put your two cents in so consistently, especially since you lead a life much busier and complex than my own. How nice to know you ‘anticipate’ and enjoy my Haikus as much as I enjoy creating them.

As for doing them ‘in the moment’ … if I had to think about them ahead of time, methinks they’d never get written or published at all. I need the pressure of ‘time-sensitivity’ to free myself from the ‘critic within’ who obsesses endlessly about such things. Seriously! I’d be paralyzed if I didn’t compose all of my posts at the keyboard (as if they were emails to friends) … the way I’ve written in journals lo these many years with my pencil.

I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend my friend. Thanks for taking time out of your Sunday to visit.
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Hi Storyteller,

Excellent haiku! And that is an interesting meme. I'm still trying to get caught up after being offline again. Perhaps I will give it a try later. :-)

Tina

storyteller said...

Tina – Thanks so much for your kind words about my ‘Ku. You certainly were busy today catching up here, and I notice your comments on other blogs too … so I guess you’re making up for lost time ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails