Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

I had good intentions about posting this morning ... seriously! (Check my responses to comments on the Message in the Bottle Haiku Friday post if you don't believe me.) But then I decided to 'catch up' with some long overdue blog-reading and commenting (and that was fun folks) ... after which I encountered some 'computer' issues that required me to run a full McAfee Virus Scan. So I decided to take Molly for a longish walk and did some non-computer related tasks until the scan finished and happily ... everything seems to work again ... significantly better than before.

The good news is that the efforts I've made to free up memory on my Dell Inspiron 9100 have paid off, so perhaps I won't need to replace this trusty old computer just yet after all. After moving most of my photos to my external Western Digital hard drive (burning them to DVDs to be safe) ... then running McClean & defragmenting my hard drive, I'm delighted to see that everything runs quicker ... especially the YouTube video clips. In addition, I can once again add photos to my computer (something I had difficulty with the last week).

All in all things are good. The bad thing is that it's 4:30 in the afternoon and I've not posted on either blog yet. Therefore, I've decided to use this Blogthing (since I've made it through a couple of weeks without sharing one, thereby demonstrating I'm not addicted to them after all) for today's post here so that I have time to devote to a Sacred Life Sunday post for Sacred Ruminations.

So ... once again
inquiring minds want to know!


You Are Bare Feet



You are a true free spirit, and you can't be tied down.

Even wearing shoes can be a little too constraining for you at times!

You are very comfortable in your own skin.

You are one of the most real people around. You don't have anything to hide.

Open and accepting, you are willing to discuss or entertain almost any topic.

You are a very tolerant person. You are accepting and not judgmental.

You should live: Somewhere warm

You should work: At your own business, where you can set the rules



If you decide to play along and leave me your feedback
(or a link to your blog where you post the response)
you're welcome to snag a copy of this
friendship award with
my thanks.

And that reminds me ...
If you missed my Haiku Thank You on Friday ... be sure to check it out because there are "Buddy Awards" for the taking there too.

Thought for Today

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

15 comments:

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

I haven't known you long, but it sure seems to me this fits you! I went ahead and did it and posted it on my blog. I explained the part of the answer I got that fit me to a T or should I say a toe?!?! LOL

I'm glad everything turned out ok with your computer. I'm having some problems again with mine. So far, all the scans I've run indicate no problems. It could be my modem.

I'm glad you have room for your photos. I do enjoy looking at them!

hugs,
Tina
http://tinasoddsandends.blogspot.com/

Tina Coruth said...

PS. Thank you for the award. The graphic is wonderful!

Mike Golch said...

Storyteller,I took the shoe quiz and guess what I came up bare feet as well.One thing that I just have to note it the business,as a realtor you pretty much set your oun hours except when you are working for a large company then you have some days and hours that you have to be in the office.

Tina,it maybe your moden or it may mean that you need to run a defrag.I just did and mine runs better.

RW said...

I am glad your computer is working better to! Thank you for the great comments you left on my blog ST!! That was very nice of you!! I put your link on my blog roll!!:D

Greatfullivin said...

It sounds like you had a very productive day! You post beautiful pictures and I would hate not to be able to see them, so thanks for working so hard on your pc and keep those photos coming! I took the little shoe quiz, I too am bare feet. Should have figured almost all I ever wear are Birks..(LOL) I am off to read your other blog, HUGS!

NicciN said...

I came out as a flip flop!

Anonymous said...

Computers can be a pain, no ;)
I run my pics on a shiny little western as well :)
Since I lost all our digital wedding pictures due to a HD crash a few years back, I got better at that stuff ;)

Glad your 'puter is running smoother again.

Karen said...

I was wondering when you were going to bust out again! LOL

I'm bare feet, too!

storyteller said...

Tina – I’m always curiously surprised when these ‘quizzes’ seem to have me ‘pegged’ so accurately. This one certainly fits! I hope your computer issues get resolved as easily as mine. You’re most welcome! I’m delighted to pass it along and I’ll be over to check out your results when I finish with email and responding to comments here.

Mike – How interesting that our results are the same. My family and friends have referred to me as ‘the barefoot gal’ all of my life. The first thing I’ve always done when I get home (and sometimes before) is kick off my shoes ;--)

Roger – How nice of you to visit and leave a comment. I’m relieved about the computer myself because I’ve become quite ‘addicted’ to blogging in my first 4 months online. Your blog address when right into my Google Reader! You’re quite welcome for everything and thanks for adding me to your Blogroll. I’m honored :--)

Greatfullivin – It was a productive day in many respects. Hmmm … another barefoot gal, eh? My sister and her husband love Birks but I much prefer Merrill, Mephisto and Keen sandals.

Yertle – Well … you’d certainly be in good company here in my little beach town ;--)

Nicole – Yes! Computers are wonderful when they work and frustrating when they don’t. Ohmygosh! How sad to lose your wedding pix!!! I learned this ‘safety’ lesson from a friend’s experience and hope to never have to learn it first-hand. Interestingly (with dogged determination and a bit of luck) her husband was eventually able to recover many of the lost travel photos from the crash of their hard drive.

Karen - I tried really hard to break the habit and abstain … but such is life. LOL

Thanks to each of you for visiting and sharing your thoughts. Reading and responding is such a pleasant way to begin my day.
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

Well this fits the storyteller description I know! Isn't it neat how they work?

Happy to hear about your puter. Have a wonderful day friend *hugs*

storyteller said...

Chuck – The description does fit me pretty well … and these Blogthings never ceases to amaze me in that respect.

I’ve discovered a few little ‘glitches’ I’m trying to work out, but overall the computer is working soooooo much faster and better than before. Thanks … I did have a delightful day and I hope you’re enjoying your organic vegetable broth (soup) tonight!
Hugs and blessings,

Grandy said...

That was a fun blogthings quiz.

I was flip-flops:

You are laid back and very friendly.
Cheery and sunny in disposition, you usually have something to smile about.

Style is important to you, as long as you can stay casual.
It takes a lot to get you to dress up!

You are a loyal and true person, though you can be a bit of a flake.
You tend to "play hooky" and blow off responsibilities a lot more than most people.

You should live: By the beach

You should work: At a casual up and coming company

***HOPING THE COMPUTER ISSUE IS BETTER**

storyteller said...

Grandy – Somehow ‘flip-flops’ fit my view of you. It’s good to see you ‘out and about’ in the virtual world again. I guess that new red laptop is working just fine for you! LOL
Hugs and blessings,

The Dream said...

COOL! I'm Bare Feet, too!

storyteller said...

Dream – How fun to find yet another commonality between us! But isn’t it a bit cold for bare feet where you live right now???
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails