Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, March 8, 2008

I'm grateful for all this recognition (and bling)!

To all my wonderful blogging friends
who have blessed me with all this recognition
(and 'bling')
I wish to say a humble ...using this cool t-shirt from MPJ of
A Room of Mama's Own
who shared it with those who commented on her blog
during February.

* * * * *


First, I'd like to express my gratitude
to Chuck at Foster Me Up
for sharing the lovely awards above & below
(that she received from Comedy Plus & OneLuvGurl)


Chuck also shared this one from
Roger of the Daily Idaho Photo ... a wonderful blog
that I recently discovered through
a recommendation from Eve.


In addition, Chuck nominated
Small Reflections in the Top 5 Blogs Meme!
What a sweetie she is!
(My nominations will follow soon)

* * * * *

Ivanhoe of Communique by Ivanhoe
shared this award from the teach
(both are bloggers I've recently encountered)
with all on his Blogroll
and I'm honored to be included.


I'd like to pass this one along
to
all visitors to leave a comment today
because 'comments' light up my life.

* * * * *

Betty of Betty's This and That
gave Small Reflections
her stamp approval! How cool is that?

I'm so happy to have found you in this
'virtual' world of bloggers!

* * * * *

Mary passed this one along a while back
at her Writing Nook.
She's been 'under the weather' lately
and I hope she returns to good health soon!

I'd like to pass it along to the following bloggers
who do nice things everywhere they go!

Betty of Betty's This and That
Carla of zena musings and Women at Rest
Chuck at Foster Me Up
Claudia at On a Limb and Everyday Kindness
Cricket of Cricket's Hearth
Eve at Adamswife's Weblog
Greatfullivin at Gratitude Journal
Ivanhoe of Communique by Ivanhoe
Joyce at Mom's Musings
Karen at Journey to Authenticity
Kat at Seeking Sanity
Ladybug at Living in the Light I Find
Lucy at Diamonds in the Sky and Lucy Creates
Melissa at Such Simple Pleasures
Mother of Invention at Spilling Out!
Peajay at Mórán cainte ar bheagán cúise
PJ at Bits and Pieces
Sandy Carlson at Writing in Faith
Tina at Tina's Odds and Ends
Sonya of Mo Mhíle Grá
Yertle of Smile, Play, Dream

* * * * *

Claudia of On a Limb gave this award from Chuck
to all on the Everyday Kindness Blogroll.

I hereby give this award to the following bloggers
who spread the love joyfully:

Betty at Betty's This and That
Carla of zena musings and Women at Rest
His Girl Friday at Wellied on Life
Hootin' Anni of Hootin' Anni
Joy at The Joy of Six
Karen at Journey to Authenticity
Ladybug at Living in the Light I Find
Mary at Mary's Writing Nook
Melissa at Such Simple Pleasures
MPJ at A Room of Mama's Own
Sandy of Momisodes
Yolanda at Perfectly Imperfect

* * * * *

And just this morning, Eve
of Adamswife's Weblog shared this one!
Evidently ... I rock!!!


and so do these bloggers to whom
I pass this award along:

Akelamalu
at Everything and Nothing
Chuck at Foster Me Up
Colleen at Loose Leaf Notes
Greatfullivin at Gratitude Journal
Hootin' Anni of Hootin' Anni
Karen at Journey to Authenticity
Joy at The Joy of Six
Mama Geek at What Works for Us
the Dream at You May Say I'm a Dreamer
Pussreboots
Sandy at Momisodes
Sue at Discombobula
Susan at West of Mars

Whew! I've been working on this post
for longer than I care to admit
and methinks I'll stop
and publish
now!
and maybe
add some more recipients
in another post at a later time because
I need to get on with my daily chores ASAP!

(okay ... so my attempt at an hourglass isn't wonderful
but it's the best I can manage right now).

Note: Lest you missed my last 'Thanks for Visiting' Haiku Awards post (in which I thank & distribute 'bling' to January & February visitors who stopped to comment) check it out today. You might find something waiting there for you!

Thought for Today
"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." Mahatma Gandhi

27 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

Hey thanks Virginia....so thoughtful of you....as usual. Hope you're having a great weekend sweetie...

Karen said...

Woohoo!! More awards to add to my collection! Thanks Storyteller--you're such a sweetie!

Momisodes said...

Wow!!!! You are so loved :) And I can see why. Thank you so much for sharing this award with me!!! Hope you're having a lovely Saturday :)

storyteller said...

Joy – You’re ever so welcome and I am having a wonderful weekend thanks ;--)

Karen – Ah ... you know how I love to pass along the ‘bling’ I receive to my buddies!

I’ll send both of you the HTML codes sometime soon. I ran out of time this morning and this afternoon Blogger has been giving me error messages when I try to access it. I wonder if that has something to do with the new ‘telephone’ service they’ve made available in a ‘Beta’ version to those of us with Blogger accounts?

Sandy - Looks like you almost slid one in there while I was responding to Joy and Karen, but I hit 'preview' and noticed before I hit publish. Hey ... when we're talking 'loved' we're talking Momisodes, my dear! You have more 'traffic' and 'bling' than just about anyone ... and I haven't a clue how you manage to keep up with it all! Enjoy ... and pass the 'bling' along as you choose.

I appreciate you each stopping by and hope you're having a wonderful weekend too! I had a nice chat with my sister (it's her birthday today) and I've been reading Dean Koontz's latest book (while I let McAfee scan my computer since I couldn't 'blog' earlier). It's quite good and a quick read, so I'm about half done.
Hugs and blessings,

Betty said...

Hi Virginia,

You really put a lot of time and work into your post today. I admire your hard work and dedication.

Another good thought for the day. I always enjoy reading those you post daily.

Thank you for all the neat awards. I've already picked them up and will blog about them soon.

Karen said...

Storyteller--I got them up without the codes (Yay for me!)!! I don't know what happened, but something has obviously "clicked" in my brain--I can now do it. Well, except for that darn "Excellent" award--that puppy just won't come out right!

Hootin Anni said...

This is truly a terrific post. You certainly received some very special recognition, and I think that is absolutely awesome!!! To have friendships like this throughout blogland is just astounding, isn't it? Makes one feel proud of all the accomplishments you've made in our blog society! High Five Virginia! AND!!! Thanks so very much for thinking of me with your passing around the kindness!!! I love 'em, and I'll get them up tomorrow first thing.
You made my day!!

Happy Sunday

storyteller said...

Betty – Ah shucks! I do what I can ;--)
Seems as if folks are gonna be so kind to me, the least I can do is pass the ‘luv’ along with some linkage. You’re quite welcome … and I’m happy you enjoy my little blog here.

Karen – CONGRATULATIONS!!! I knew you’d figure it out eventually. Sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to crack. As for the ‘Excellent’ award … methinks the problem is the award itself because it is ‘cattywhumpus’ to begin with … perhaps on purpose to make it ‘oxymoron-like’ … or something? It’s just a thought.

Anni – Why that’s high praise indeed and I’m oh so proud ;--)
Actually, I’m humbled by the ‘bling’ … grateful for the ‘connections’ … especially being relatively new to this virtual world. Thanks for the ‘Hi-5’ and you’re most welcome. I’ve learned so much from bloggers like yourself … and I truly enjoy spreading around a bit of link-luv like this whenever I can.

So … I hope you’re all enjoying your weekend, and I appreciate you dropping by and saying ‘howdy’ here.
Hugs and blessings,

Joyce said...

Thank you for all your hard work to Spread the Love to your readers! I appreciate the bling! And, I appreciate your comments at my place, too. :)

Mary Ann said...

Wow congrats on all of your awards.

Great posting but it must have taken hours! Thank you for taking the time because I'll enjoy visiting the new blogs. And thanks for visiting me this morning.

Have a great Sunday!

storyteller said...

Joyce – You’re quite welcome! I love ‘spreading link-love’ and sharing ‘bling’ … and always enjoy visiting the blogs of others when I can. I sent an email response to your email just a couple of minutes ago, but hadn’t read this comment yet … so I’m responding here too.

Moana – Thanks … and yes, it takes a while … but it’s fun to introduce my ‘blogging buddies’ to one another. I know I have more ‘discretionary’ time than most folks since I’m ‘happily retired’ so I do what I can. I hope you find new blogs you enjoy when you check some of these out.

I hope you’re both having a wonderful weekend. Thanks for sharing a bit of it with me by visiting and leaving your thoughts.
Hugs and blessings,

Mary said...

Storyteller,

What lovely awards and you certainly are deserving. Thanks so much for passing these on to me. I will display them on my awards page with pride.

Wishing you a blessed Sunday.
Mary

pussreboots said...

Thank you for the award. :)

Sue said...

Why, thank you so much ST!! How very kind of you. You, also, doth rock, you thoughtful, kind dudette :)

Sonya said...

You are so sweet to send the nice matters award my way! I appreciate that! I really enjoy reading your posts and always love seeing the pictures you post! Thank you so much!

storyteller said...

Mary – I hope you and Michelle are both feeling better. I do feel fortunate to be blessed with such kind friends in the virtual world, and I'm delighted to be able to share what comes my way … especially with you, for you have been most generous and kind to me.

Pussreboots – You’re quite welcome. I love all the book reviews you do. It’s such a ‘service’ to the Universe to share in this manner.

Sue – When I received that award … you and Eileen came to mind immediately! I knew I’d have to direct you over to THIS blog because I decided to do the ‘bling thing’ once rather than twice. I’m glad you followed the link and found this post.

Sonya – Hey … that’s what friends are for, right? It’s my pleasure … truly!

I hope you’ve all had a delightful day and that the next week is wonderful for each of you. Thanks so much for spending a bit of your Sunday at Small Reflections.
Hugs and blessings,

Mike Golch said...

Storyteller I thank you for shareing the you ligh up my life just for leaveing a comment.It will join the rotation on my site soon.All of the posted awareds rock and congrats to the recipants.(if it is spelled wrong oh well)
any way I trurly hope that you and all of you family are haveing a Great Day!

Greatfullivin said...

Congrats on all the beautiful bling! You certainly desrve it! Thanks for passing them along as well, I am honored! Big Hugs!

storyteller said...

Mike – You’re most welcome friend … and thanks, I did have a wonderful day. Not to worry about spelling. There are no ‘grades’ given here ;--)

Greatfullivin – Why thanks … and passing it along brings me great pleasure. I appreciate the ‘Big Hugs’ because one can never get too many of those!

I hope you both had a wonderful weekend too! Thanks so much for visiting this evening.
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

You are truly a wonderful being. I'm so honored when I get awards from you and am so happy to pass the ones I have to you as well. You're the best. Thank you so much. *lovies*

Open Grove Claudia said...

Gosh, thank you so very much for the bling and your kind words. Wow. You cannot imagine how this helps to motivate and inspire me. Thank you!

storyteller said...

Chuck – Ah shucks! (picture my bashful smile as I look at the ground and swing my foot) Hey, the feeling’s mutual gal! You’re welcome … and thanks for everything right back acha ;--)

Claudia – You’re quite welcome. I love all you do with Everyday Kindness and read On the Limb always even when I don’t stop to comment due to time constraints. I’m happy to send a bit of link-love you way.

I hope you're both having a delightful day!
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Hi Storyteller,

Congratulations on receiving all those wonderful awards! You are so kind. Thank you for passing the "Nice Matters" award on to me. What a delightful surprise! :-)

Tina

Peajay said...

Thank you Storyteller, congratulations on all of your awards which you truly deserve. Once again your kindness in passing on awards humbles me.
Sláinte

storyteller said...

Tina – Thank you … and you’re welcome! I love to share what comes my way with others like yourself.

Peajay – It’s my pleasure … truly! I still remember how you ‘rescued’ me back in December when I lost my ‘sound’ and didn’t know what to do! You SAVED me!!!

I appreciate you each stopping by this afternoon and hope you’ve had a wonderful Wednesday.
Hugs and blessings,

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Thanks, storyteller!

storyteller said...

MPJ - You're quite welcome. Sorry to be so slow in responding. Tennis anyone?
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails