Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wordy Wednesday - Favorite Quote Meme


Grandy tagged me for a 'favorite quotes' meme (after being tagged by Mike of Rambling Stuff and OnTheCurb ... both of whom were tagged by Amy) who wrote:
"... the point of this quick meme is to share a favorite quote and dedicate it to three other bloggers, who in turn do the same."
You all know how I love quotes ... so naturally, I found myself considering which one I might choose (because so many speak to my heart, mind, and spirit) as I tracked this meme back ... clicking on links ... reading what quotes others had shared in their responses.

Somewhere along the way I decided to add those links here ...(for easy access when time permits to do some clicking)... because each of these bloggers left wonderful quotes to ponder. I suspect that several of these bloggers may become 'favorites' as I've added them to my Google Reader (even though I've been trying to cut back on my subscriptions). Allow me to introduce a few previous participants: Katharine .... Shannon ... Nikki ... Laura ... Mihaela ... Mary Ann ... and finally, Lauren who originated the meme.

Caveat: you'll find many more folks to visit when you click on these links because each dedicated their quote to 3 others (who dedicated it to 3 others, etc.). Needless to say I've not yet visited them all ...(and may never do so because the links are seemingly endless)... but they're here when I have spare moments ;--)

I found it interesting that many participants had difficulty choosing just one favorite quote to share. Regular readers know that the sidebar here and at Sacred Ruminations have MANY quotes and I've added some 'scrolly boxes' with quotes from other sources also. In addition, I tend to close each of my daily posts with a Thought for the Day ...(although sometimes I get 'rushed' and forget to do so)... and I've done a couple of T-13s containing quotes ...(see sidebar for link to all my Thursday Thirteen posts).

So ... it comes to the quote(s) I choose to share today.

My favorite while teaching was ...
"If you think you can, or think you can't
... you're right."

Henry Ford


These days I tend to favor ...
"it takes courage to become who you really are."
e.e. cummings

and
"It is never too late to be who you might have been."
George Eliot


I realize the rules say 'dedicate' the quotes to 3 bloggers ... but you all know how I feel about tagging so I'm breaking this rule as I usually do. However, I'm inviting all who would like to participate to do so and offering the 'incentive' below to those who decide to follow through and leave a link here so I can see your choice(s).


Thought for Today
"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves." His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Thanks for visiting!

(FYI -- I shared awards Monday,
so you might want to check that post too)

Click if you missed my Ultimate Blog Party post
I've got freshly squeeze lemonade
and snacks ;--)

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I am the keeper of fragile things, and I have kept of you, what is indissolvable(sic). - Anais Nin

Kayce aka lucy said...

i really like the quotes you have chosen. e.e. cummings is found at the bottom of my mobile e-mail :-)

my "signature" quote is
"i write to discover what i know" -- flannery o'connor

it continues to be as true for me today as it was four years ago when i put it in the tag line of my blog.

Momisodes said...

You always find the greatest quotes :) I love the e.e. cummings one.

This is also one of my favorites: "I'd rather be a failure at something I love, than a success at something I hate" ~ George Burns

Happy Wednesday

Unknown said...

wordy wednesday - that's a good idea. i posted my wordless wednesday and changed my quote today (top of blog) so we're in sync huh ;) miss you and sorry i haven't visited as of late. in the dumps. send your prayers. heart cha.

Akelamalu said...

I love Dalai Lama quotes. :)

storyteller said...

LceeL – Thanks for sharing the Anais Nin quote. It’s one with which I’m unfamiliar.

Lucy – Ya know what they say about ‘great minds’ right? We do seem to have much in common. I will make it over to you blogs … once things slow down and the phone stops ringing. There’s just too much going on in my life this week!

Sandy – I’ve ‘collected’ quotes most of my life … and some just ‘stick’ while others arrive as needed. Thanks for sharing the George Burns quote! It’s a keeper ;--)

Chuck – I tend to do the pendulum swing from wordless to wordy and back again on variable Wednesdays … and don’t know exactly why. I actually had photos to choose from this morning, but my fingers pursued Grandy’s tag … and this is what I went with. Funny … methinks you must have been leaving your comment here while I was leaving my comment on your blog earlier. The time frame seems about right somehow.

Akelamalu – Me too! The one I used a while back about ‘kindness’ always being possible is one of my favorites … but I went with this one today because I hadn’t used it previously.

I appreciate all of you visiting and sharing your thoughts today. I hope you’re having a wonderful Wednesday … wordless, wordy, or whatever.
Hugs and blessings,

Melissa said...

Those are great quotes. I throw the Ford one at my kids all the time. :)

Mike Golch said...

Storryteller,it never ceses to amaze me the talent you have.All of your quotes do speak volums to me.and the George Burns quote that Sandy C.posted knocks my socks off as well.I think of myself in the same way.

Anonymous said...

I like the e.e. cummings quote - fits me perfect :)

Grandy said...

Excellent job, storyteller! It is difficult to choose just one, but I liked all of yours. I liked those of your commenters as well. ;)

Hootin Anni said...

I love quoting quotes myself...I've read yours and the touch base with me too. I may give it a try! This sounds like a meme 'right up my alley'...<--does that count as a quotation? No? Okay...but I'll do this one in a day or two.

storyteller said...

Melissa – Thanks for the feedback. I always thought it was a good quote until my Middle School students (who didn’t seem to know the difference between they’re and their) started telling me Ford really meant that it was ‘their right’ to do whatever they chose.

Mike – Ah, shucks! (blushing here)
I appreciate the compliment … and I agree with you about the George Burns quote Sandy shared.

Nicole
– Interesting how it ‘resonates’ with many of us, eh?

Grandy – Why thank you! In retrospect, this was a ‘fun tag’ … so I’m glad you thought of me for this one ;--)

Hootin’ Anni – Hey … That’s cool! I’ll look forward to your post when you get ‘a round tuit’ in a day or two.

Thanks to everyone for visiting and sharing your thoughts.
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

Anais Nin

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

Those are great quotes! Thank you for sharing them. Great food for thought.

Hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Karen – Thanks for adding this one. It has ‘resonated’ with me for a while now!

Tina – You’re welcome. I’m glad you enjoyed them.

So … isn’t anyone but Hootin’ Anni going to take me up on this one? It’s one of the better ‘memes’ out there, in my humble estimation and I’d love to see lots of folks pick it up and pass it along.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails