Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday's Tennis Haiku

Lindsay Davenport
played her match aggressively
winning in straight sets!


Williams sisters both
in the half with Justine so
Lindsey's path is clear.




James Blake struggled with
Santoro. The muggy heat
took it's toll on both


but Blake managed to
win the match in three sets ... and
tonight he will rest ;--)


Thought for Today
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

5 comments:

Betty said...

I don't follow tennis, but I enjoyed your post for today anyway. Nice pictures.

I hope you have a good week. Loved the thought for the day.

Karen said...

Good thought for the day--it's so easy to get seduced into thinking that because something is hard work, it must not be what we're supposed to do, into thinking everything must be effortless.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Your Tennis Haikus are something else. Over the years I've watched my share of tournaments...not so much lately though. I'm really enjoying your poetic updates Virginia....

Have a wonderful week ahead sweetie...

Akelamalu said...

I like your tennis Haikus. I'm looking forward to Wimbledon. :0

storyteller said...

Betty – I appreciate your support of my ‘passion’ for tennis and am glad you found something worth commenting upon.

Karen – I thought so too … and was intrigued by this comment when I first came upon it. Today seemed like a perfect ‘fit’ to use it.

Joy – Why thanks Joy! I love writing Haiku … and clearly have ‘tennis’ on my mind again this week. Today’s (Mondays) matches were fun to watch though pretty easy wins for the ‘champs’ … Venus, Justine, Roger, and Serena. Maybe I’ll write of them in Tuesday’s post since I participated in ‘Fun Monday’ earlier today.

Akelamalu – I’m happy to know there are other tennis ‘fans’ out there. Wimbledon is always an exciting tournament … but it’s still a few months away.

I appreciate all of you visiting and sharing your thoughts today.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails