Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, March 24, 2008

Meme Monday #4 - Make a Wish Meme and More

After being tagged by Linda at Are we there yet? who came up with this beautiful meme, Ivanhoe tagged me (and everyone on her Blogroll plus a few new Ultimate Blog Party friends) for this Make a Wish Meme.

After spending a week considering my fondest wish, I've concluded I'm 'content with life as is' although (like many others) I'd love to see Peace On Earth ... so I went with two 'Irish Blessings' that might help us achieve this goal in our lives. I posted my 1st Wish at Sacred Ruminations on Saturday.

So ... here's my 2nd wish!


Here are the Rules:
1. Think about what it is that you want more than anything, what your heart's desire and fondest wish is, and what it is that you would wish for if you were to see the above wishing star flame across the night sky.
2. Right click and SAVE the blank graphic below.
3. Use a graphics program of your choice and place your wish on this picture:


4. Post the Make A Wish Meme and your wishing star on your blog along with these rules.
5. Tag as many people as you like so that there can be wishing stars all across the Blogosphere and ask them to please link back to Linda so that she can see what wishes others have made and share those wishes with others.

I quote Ivanhoe here: "If you don't currently have a graphics program and aren't sure how to put your message on the picture you can either download one for free (Linda used IrfanView which is an image viewer but also allows you to customize and optimize your pictures) or email Linda at mouseski58@yahoo.com, tell her what you're wishing for, and she'll customize the picture for you and email it back to you so that you can then post it."

After creating two of my own (one for here and the other for Sacred Ruminations, I checked Linda's blog and she seems to be collecting the 'wishes' and sharing them in a series of update posts. I hope you'll think about playing along too and let me know when you do.

Thanks to Hootin' Anni for this cool new award!

I'd like to pass it along to all those who
decide to participate in the

Make a Wish Meme!

Thought for Today
"As you think, so you are. As you dream, so you become. As you create your wishes, so they create you." Wendy Garrett

Click to find others participating in
this week's Meme Monday.

15 comments:

Ivanhoe said...

I love this wish! Those Irish are smart people, aren't they? Hope you had a great Easter!

Mary said...

Storyteller,

I love your wish and this sounds like a fun meme. I will have to think about it for a while, but may just take part.

Hope you had a wonderful Easter and thanks for commenting on my post about our Easter. I thank God for Mom's good health every day.

Blessings,
Mary

Pam said...

That is a beautiful Irish blessing...what a great wish. Thanks for visiting me today!

Maude Lynn said...

A beautiful wish!

RW said...

Awesome wish! I been tagged for this to, I wish to get to when I can! :D

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I love your wish.

Thanks for playing along with Meme Monday.

storyteller said...

Ivanhoe – Yup … those Irish blessings contain much ‘wisdom’ we’d do well to remember today.

Mary – I gave myself a week to think before doing my ‘wishes’ … so take your time.

Pam – I’m happy you think so ;--)

Mama Zen – I suspect our lives would all go better if we followed this advice … and that which you left on your blog yesterday.

Roger – Since my invitation wasn’t good enough, consider yourself ‘officially’ tagged! I’ll look forward to your wish.

Mel – Thanks … and you’re welcome! It was my pleasure to play along.

I appreciate all of you taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. I hope you had a marvelous Monday and that the rest of your week is wonderful!
Hugs and blessings,

Linda said...

This is another fantastic wish, just like your first at Sacred Ruminations. Thank you so much for playing along and for your wonderful wishes!

Momisodes said...

That is a very cute meme :) I love that Irish blessing. What a lovely wish indeed! Hope you're having a lovely Tuesday!

NicciN said...

Thanks for sharing both of your wishes. I just made mine.

storyteller said...

Linda – Thanks so much for your feedback … and for this nifty meme. I’m hoping others will choose to participate ;--)

Sandy – Yesterday’s a bit of a blur … but thanks. I spent way too long on the photo collages for my two OSI posts (though making them was enjoyable), so I spent the rest of the day playing catch-up. I’ve done the same thing this morning, responding to comments on my OSI posts yesterday … so I’m not sure how today will go. Methinks I’m more addicted to blogging each week. LOL

Yertle – Wonderful! I’m glad you decided to play along … and I found your ‘wish’ yesterday while checking Google Reader. It seemed perfect!

Thanks to each of you for your visit and comments. I hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday … and methinks I need to think about a post for today before I get distracted again.
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

Shoot--I thought I'd commented already! In any case, I really like the blessing! And I hope you had a good Easter!

storyteller said...

Karen – Not to worry ;--)
I’m sure you posted on my 1st wish at Sacred Ruminations. It seems to me last week we were a bit off schedule (as in out of sync) … and it’s possible you missed this because I’ve not been posting as early as usual because I’ve taken time to journal before logging on recently. You've already visited before I get the day's post published ... and that's my bad, not yours.
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

I love that Irish blessing!

hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina – Thanks for your comment. Might you want to try this Make a Wish meme too?
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails