Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Tennis Haiku Follow-up and some Easter Fun

easter

Addendum:
(6:30 PM update)
Mardy Fish Serves!

Tennis Update in Haiku!

Ranked at 98
and 'unseeded' ... Mardy Fish
amazed everyone

with aggressive play
winning Federer in two
sets! Tomorrow he

will play Djokovic
in the 'finals' ... Huge surprise!
See him HUG the fans!

Stunning this defeat ...
Roger Federer has been
ranked as number ONE

for almost 5 years ...
two hundred fifty-one weeks!
Maybe the day off

yesterday when Haas
had to pull out and not play
wasn't a good thing?

* * * * *

Four women semi-finalists
Kuznetsova won
Sharapova and will play
Ivanovic on

Sunday afternoon
in the women's final match
here at Indian Wells.

* * * * *

Photo sources: Sportfiles Photo Gallery, Yahoo Sports, and
the official Pacific Life Open website.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Now it's time for some
Easter fun with two Blogthings.
Won't you play along?

What Your Easter Egg Says About You



You are truly optimistic, open, and hopeful.

And your optimism gives you the courage to live life adventurously.

You love new experiences, ideas, and challenges.

You see life as a fluid, growing process.






Your Chocolate Easter Bunny Personality



You know what you want in life and how to get it.

You're not going to waste time or let yourself be meek



Whether it's chocolate, money, or power...

You take what you can get, and you act quickly.



You have a lot of energy, and people sometimes scared by your determination.

Not that you care what other people think. You're not going to apologize for who you are.

The Easter Bunny Quiz

Those of you who read me regularly know I'm distracted this week by the Pacific Life Open Tennis Championships in Indian Wells, CA! This morning I watched the two women's semi-final matches recorded on my DVR last night. Ivanovic won her match against Jankovic and Kuznetsova defeated Sharapova ... playing like she did a few years back when she won her 1st major championship. This afternoon I watched both men's semi-finals matches. Djokovic defeated Nadal and Fish upset Federer as reported in Haiku above ... stunning everyone (perhaps even himself). Tomorrow I'll be watching the FINALS!

If you're looking for a bit of laughter,
try these
Easter Bunny Jokes!


easter


Thought for Today
"Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again." Sarah Ban Breathnach

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat! My Easter Egg test said "You are cheerful, friendly, and open minded.You do your best to make sure everyone is happy, including yourself.Empathy comes easily to you. You are very forgiving.You don't hold grudges. You easily forget about any negativity in your life."

Mary Ann said...

I picked the same Easter Egg. Fun!

Eve said...

What Your Easter Egg Says About You
You are cheerful, friendly, and open minded.
You do your best to make sure everyone is happy, including yourself.
Empathy comes easily to you. You are very forgiving.
You don't hold grudges. You easily forget about any negativity in your life.

Anonymous said...

Fun quiz. I would have loved to do this but I only got little time before we prepare for church. Just dropping by to greet you a Happy Easter.

NicciN said...

How fun! My Easter Egg said "You are cheerful, friendly, and open minded. You do your best to make sure everyone is happy, including yourself. Empathy comes easily to you. You are very forgiving. You don't hold grudges. You easily forget about any negativity in your life."

Happy Easter!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Another wonderful tennis Haiku....Happy Easter Virginia....

Hootin Anni said...

Okay now....I'm thinking to myself, this Roger is one sweet dish!!!! NO WONDER you're watching tennis. [just kidding].

You just missed my Sunday post for the day. Altho it's not very much, I did post a couple of photos of the one amaryllis that is blooming so profusely right now.

And to answer your question about the comment thing...that was a trip!!! It was work, and right now, I'm so bumfuzzled I can't remember which way is up. I'm hoping once I clear my head my memory will come back and I can then write a tutorial for us bloggers who like Wordpress's comments included in the blog post!!

Happy day.

storyteller said...

Kikipotamus – I’m glad you enjoyed the ‘quiz’ and shared your results here. They seem to ‘fit’ from what I know about you from reading your blog.

Mary Ann – You know what they say about ‘great minds’ … smile!

Eve – Looks like you picked the same egg that Kelly (Kikipotamus) did ;--)

Mama Meji – I’m sorry you didn’t have time for the quizzes but I understand ‘busy’ and appreciate you stopping by to leave Easter greetings.

Yertle – You, Kelly, and Eve all got the same results … so I’m wondering which egg you all selected. Maybe you will have ‘posted’ this on your blog by the time I check?

Joy – I originally posted the Blogthings and a ‘disclaimer’ about watching ‘tennis’ … then after the matches I decided to ‘edit’ the post by adding ‘tennis photos’ and the Haiku update … so the first few visitors missed out. Such is life. LOL

Hootin' Anni - I almost missed your comment because I was writing this response as you posted your comment just now. Thanks for stopping by. Actually Roger is a handsome guy ... in fact all these tennis players are easy on the eyes ;--) I'll check out the Amaryllis in a little bit because I have some time before today's 'matches' ... but Molly is driving me bats so she gets a walk first. A 'tutorial' sounds like a nifty idea because I'm sure many of us have 'inquiring minds' but minimal 'technical knowledge' about these things.

I appreciate each of you taking time to visit and leave your comments. I hope you’re all having a wonderful Easter Sunday!
Hugs and blessings,

Momisodes said...

So cute :) Mine said " You know what you want in life and how to get it.
You're not going to waste time or let yourself be meek

Whether it's chocolate, money, or power...
You take what you can get, and you act quickly.

You have a lot of energy, and people sometimes scared by your determination.
Not that you care what other people think. You're not going to apologize for who you are."

Some of this very true :)

Happy Easter!

Peajay said...

Hi Storyteller, Cáisc shona duit.

My Easter Egg said 'You are cheerful, friendly, and open minded.
You do your best to make sure everyone is happy, including yourself.
Empathy comes easily to you. You are very forgiving.
You don't hold grudges. You easily forget about any negativity in your life.
You are logical, rational, and consistent.
You take big decisions pretty seriously.'

While the other test said, 'You can be considered a bit aloof at times...
But you're probably sitting back and analyzing things.
Your emotions don't control you, and you are a very disciplined person.
There's no way that you'd go out of control and eat too much chocolate!'
I don't think I believe that last part.

Sláinte

Karen said...

I picked the same egg as kikipotamus, eve & yertle--so we're a bunch of like-minded souls drawn to Storyteller?

And I have the same chocolate bunny personality as you, Storyteller!

Fun!

storyteller said...

Sandy – How cool! Seems like a ‘fit’ to me! Thanks for playing along.

Peajay – Ohmygosh … is there a camera showing you my messy house? LOL Thanks for the Easter visit (and for extending my vocabulary). I appreciate you playing along and sharing. As for chocolate … remember it’s a ‘healthy’ choice ;--)

Karen – How fun to find such similarities in my blogging buddies!

Thanks to each of you for stopping by and participating in this holiday ‘phun’ … while putting up with my ‘tennis’ obsession. I hope you’re having a marvelous Monday!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails