Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Photobucket Meme

I found this meme at Thoughts from Miller Manor this morning and thought it would be a good way to teach myself about Photobucket.

Directions:
1. Answer the questions below.
2. Take each answer and type it into the search ba
r at Photobucket.
3. Take a picture from the first page of results and
post the html code under the image.

(Uh oh ... I blew it ... sigh! I saved the photos to my c
omputer by mistake because I didn't read carefully, but I'm going to go ahead and post this now. Perhaps I'll fix it later ... or not).

If you do this meme, you can benefit from MY mistake. If you want to see it done correctly, click on the link to Miller Manor above.


Age on my next birthday

Place I want to travel
Favorite place to be


Favorite food

Favorite animal

Favorite color

Where I was born
Where I live
Past name of a previous pet

Nickname/Screen name

Middle name

Last name - I'm passing on this one for now anyway


Bad habit

Well ... methinks that's the best I'm going to be able to manage, at least for the time being. If this looks like something you'd enjoy doing, I invite you to do so ... then please leave a link so I can see your answers. If I'd broken any laws, I apologize and plead ignorance since this is my 1st attempt to access Photobucket and didn't have a clue how it works.

Thought for Today
"Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life." David M. Burns

20 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I really like the picture that popped up on Storyteller. So pretty!

Also, thanks for posting a comment on my blog today on the earlier posting. I don't care how old my posting is, it's nice knowing you liked it today.

Mary said...

Like moanna, I love the photo for Storyteller. The others are cute. I just may try this meme. It depends on how things are going with Michelle and the boys.

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I appreciate your prayers and concern, as well as your love and kind words. You're a dear friend.

Blessings,
Mary

Anonymous said...

This is a great meme - I may have to steal it from you one of these days!!!

Maude Lynn said...

After seeing the "Where I Live" photo, I think I'll just slink away in a fit of jealousy and not comment at all!

NicciN said...

That was fun. Thanks!

Kayce aka lucy said...

this is a really cool meme. i admire you for taking the time & energy to put it together. for now, i think i will simply enjoy yours. it is great!!

Sonya said...

I'm with except for the sushi. I have never been able to make myself try it. I don't care for fish, although it is very healthy. I would like to try a California roll though!

storyteller said...

Moana – You’re quite welcome. I do believe things come to us when we most need them, and that’s how I felt when I happened upon the Oliver poem in your post. Thanks for the return visit and the feedback here. I actually enjoyed doing this meme and learning about Photobucket as a resource. There’s so much I don’t know about so many things. LOL

Mary – I know you’re busy now so this meme will wait until you have time and inspiration to take it on. I actually have a folder with memes that looked interesting on other blogs and/or I was “tagged” for … and return to it when I come up “dry” occasionally. I suspect you’d also enjoy the Kind Fives Meme I did at Sacred Ruminations here:
http://sacredruminations.blogspot.com/2008/02/kind-fives-from-everyday-kindness.html

Annie – I’m glad you enjoyed it. I suspect you wouldn’t need to use Photobucket for your illustrations since you take such marvelous photos your self. Be sure to leave a link back here if you decide to take it on so we can all check it out!

Mama Zen – Hehehe … When I moved from the greater LA area (where I grew up) to the beach (where I played as a teenager and young adult), I thought I’d died and gone to heaven. Of course, it is a bit of heaven actually and I am exceedingly grateful to be here.

Yertle – You’re welcome! Thanks for playing along and leaving the link here. I loved seeing your results!

Lucy – Enjoy away! It seems like you’ve got more than enough on your plate with Paris coming up quickly. The meme will be around for you to tackle when you return if you’d like.

Sonya – A friend introduced me to sushi about 11 years ago. I was apprehensive at first, but I loved it. I don’t eat it just anywhere however. I have a couple of local Japanese restaurants I enjoy … and those are the only places I’ll eat sushi. Start with the California Roll and go from there. You might be pleasantly surprised. The WW count is favorable too.

This feels like a T-13 or Haiku Friday experience to find all your kind comments this morning! LOL Thanks so much for visiting. I hope you each have a delightful day!
Hugs and blessings,

Yolanda said...

This was fun. I really enjoyed it. I thank you so much for the awards and also for being my friend. You are a treasure and I just would like to give you a hug and say thanks.

Mother of Invention said...

Cool meme and it looks like it took a lot of messing around. I can barely upload pics and space them with my comments!

storyteller said...

Yolanda – You’re oh so welcome! It’s good to see you out in the Blogosphere. You and your husband have been in my heart and prayers. I’m glad to share these awards with you, and I appreciate your hug and kind words … though I have a lot to learn about finding and using photos.

MoI – Thanks for the kind words. Actually Blogger doesn’t make it easy to add pictures unless you center them … and large works better than small or medium (in my limited experience). I’ve come a long way (just check out my first few posts at Sacred Ruminations and you’ll see how far), but there’s so much more to learn. If I had reviewed the directions before searching out the photos in Photobucket, the pictures would have ended up larger … but I found the meme early in the morning and did it in afternoon … leaving too much time to lose track of the specifics.

Thanks to you both for visiting today.
Hugs and blessings to you both!

Eve said...

I'm going to do this one. Not today, but sometime. I'll let you know when I get it up.

Karen said...

This is a clever and intriguing meme--I may give it go (if I get a chance, what with schools closed today because of ice!).

storyteller said...

Eve – That's great! I’ll look forward to it.

Karen – Hmmm … seems like you’ll be busy with Nathan with schools closed, but I hope you find time eventually. I actually have a folder of memes (and other ideas) on my computer for days I come up dry and need an idea ... and that reminds me I never did the one Kara tagged me for. Sigh! Anyway ... just don’t add any unnecessary stress to your life please.

I hope you both have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and blessings,

Eve said...

My photobucket meme is up. You can see it here.

storyteller said...

Eve - I'm glad you left the link here. I already found it this morning from Google Reader (and think you did a wonderful job), but other readers will find you now too.
Hugs and blessings,

orneryswife said...

glad you did the meme. It was a fun one, but I am with you about posting the pictures. If my niece hadn't shown me how to do the html code I am not sure I would have been able to do it. The one thing I recently learned about posting photos is that you can resize them by dragging on the corner. I was glad to discover that, especially since some of the pictures came up HUGE on this meme. Photobucket pix are not all the same size.

Thanks for the visit today!
TM

storyteller said...

Ornery's Wife
I was glad to have a reason to explore Photobucket. I had joined a while back but never done anything with the subscription. Now that I (sort of) understand what's there, I've used it a few more times (for my birthday posts) and will explore it even more when time permits.
Hugs and blessings,

Greatfullivin said...

Thanks for directing me here! I just adore learning about people from their memes. You selected some awesome photos!

storyteller said...

Greatfullivin – I appreciate you following the link back here and leaving the lovely feedback. This meme allowed me to teach myself about Photobucket … something I’d been meaning to do but never seemed to get around to. Because I’ve done the 101 Things About Me (see link in sidebar under About Me), I tend to choose memes that are about other subjects than myself whenever possible, but I love learning about others by reading their memes.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails