Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #11 Healing Affirmations


Thirteen Healing Affirmations

In 1987 I discovered a copy of YOU CAN HEAL YOUR LIFE by Louise Hay. This amazing little book was written and 1st published in 1984 (when she was in her mid-50s) with the following dedication:
"May this offering help you find the place within where you know your own self-worth, the part of you that is pure love and self-acceptance."
She went on to establish a publishing house of her own, and at 84 she looks as young as ever!

I've returned to this book so often in the past 21 years repeatedly ... so often that it's falling apart. Occasionally I think of buying a new copy, but the notes in the margins of this one keep me from giving it up. Every page contains wisdom for living healthily, but time and again I return to "The List" in Chapter 15, arranged in 3 columns labeled ... Problem, Probable Cause, & New Thought Pattern ... whenever I become symptomatic. Here are just thirteen examples to whet your appetite and perhaps try for yourself if you experience any of these symptoms.

1. Allergies - Who are you allergic to? Denying your own power. "The world is safe and friendly. I am safe. I am at peace with life."

2. Bruises - The little bumps in life. Self-punishment. "I love and cherish myself. I am kind and gentle with me. All is well."

3. Cellulite - Getting stuck in early childhood pain. Holding onto the lumps and bumps of the past. Difficulty in moving forward. Fear of choosing your own direction. "I forgive everyone. I forgive myself, I forgive all past experiences. I am free."

4. Dizziness - Flight, scattered thinking. A refusal to look. "I am deeply centered and peaceful in life. It is safe for me to be alive and joyous."

5. Eyes - Represent the capacity to see clearly -- past, present, and future. "I see with love and joy."

6. Fingers - Represent the details of life. "I am peaceful with the details of life."

7. Glands - Represent holding stations. Self-starting activity. "I am the creative power in my world."

8. Hypoglycemia - Overwhelmed by the burdens in life. What's the use? "I now choose to make my life light and easy and joyful."

9. Insomnia - Fear. Not trusting the process of life. Guilt. "I lovingly release the day and slip into peaceful sleep, knowing tomorrow will take care of itself."

10. Knee problems - Stubborn ego and pride. Inability to bend. Fear. Inflexibility. Won't give in. "Forgiveness. Understanding. Compassion. I bend and flow with ease, and all is well."

11. Laryngitis - So mad you can't speak. Fear of speaking up. Resentment of authority. "I am free to ask for what I want. It is safe to express myself. I am at peace."

12. Mouth problems - Set opinions. Closed mind. Incapacity to take in new ideas. "I welcome new ideas and new concepts and prepare them for digestion and assimilation."

13. Neck Problems - Refusing to see other sides of a question. Stubbornness, inflexibility. "It is with flexibility and ease that I see all sides of an issue. There are endless ways of doing things and seeing things. I am safe."

Bonus - When the book is not handy for reference, my favorite affirmation is a generalized one that goes something like this.

"I release the need for this symptom in my body. It is safe for me to be alive. It is safe to be me. I am good enough just as I am and I trust myself."

Note:
Thanks for visiting Small Reflections. If you're a regular reader of T-13, a 1st time visitor, or a "lurker" you're invited to pick up one or both of the following:
--"I'm a good blogging friend" award here (or from my sidebar) to give to everyone who visits your blog.
--"You Make MY Day award" here (or from my sidebar) to take back to your own blog to display and pass along to bloggers who make YOUR day.

If you choose to do either (or both), I hope you'll link back here and introduce me to your friends as I've done here, here, here, and here. I hope you have a delightful day!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

Get the Thursday Thirteeen code here!

For easy access, I’ve listed more T-13 links along with the Thursday Thirteen Blogroll to the bottom of my sidebar.

To see more of my T-13s ,
click on Thursday Thirteen in labels below.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great healing affirmations! I'm going to print them if you don't mind. I slipped and fell down the stairs last week and sprained my back. Happy TT

Mia said...

I love Louise Hay, That book is great. I was thinking of doing a TT on a daily affirmation calender I got on her. I find that this so helps.

Great list, Happy TT!!!

Anonymous said...

Very very very valuable truths. I am going to Word this, print it out, and give it to some friends who are always moaning about their pains.

Thank you.

suchsimplepleasures said...

that is a wonderful list!! i'm going to have to come back and read it again!!
happy tt!

Melissa said...

"In the infinity of life, where I am, all is perfect, whole, and complete."

(My favorite.)

Karen said...

I first came across Louise Hay about four years ago--and I've been rereading them ever since. I find her wonderfully uplifting and calming.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

That's interesting stuff, Storyteller. VERY deep.

I might have to give it a try. Just... when Trevor's not watching. You KNOW he'll laugh at me for it!

storyteller said...

Kat – Printing them is fine with me. I’m sorry to hear of your fall and hope you recover fully soon. She has different affirmations for upper, middle, and lower back issues and if you email me I’d be happy to supply specifics.

Miranda – I couldn’t agree more. I’m convinced that the only way to get rid of limiting thoughts is to substitute a more uplifting one in it’s place.

Rian – You’re quite welcome. I’m sure Louise would be pleased that you’re spreading the word.

SSP - I’m happy you found it so and you’re welcome to visit as often as you wish. I tend to do the same thing with T-13s when something strikes a resonate chord with me.

Melissa – I love that one too. It seems to calm and soothe just thinking about it. I’m sorry I’ve not been around to your blog lately … I’ve kept up in Google Reader and will eventually find time to leave comments, but for now life is just too busy for me to manage anything more. Please forgive me.

Karen – I’m not in the least surprised … knowing you as I do. The amazing thing to me is her own story and how she came to write her first book, HEAL YOUR LIFE, in just 6 months … in her 50s when she was ill with cancer if memory serves. What an inspiration! I may do another T-13 at some point … maybe even next week.

Susan – Now’s as good a time as any since you’re sick. If it’s the flu, she says a probable cause is “response to mass negativity and beliefs, fear, and belief in statistics” and she offers this affirmation: “I am beyond group beliefs, or the calendar. I am free from all congestions and influence.” Let me know what you think ... and just don't tell Trevor!

Thanks to everyone and have a delightful day!
Hugs and blessings,

Open Grove Claudia said...

I love Louise Hay. I have gotten a lot out of her power affirmations. I found when working with people that some of these are right on and others are a little odd (look up scoliosis). Great list though!

Happy TT!

Jientje said...

I am doing a TT for the first time too! To solve the questions in the comments of my WW!!! How's that for a great idea?
I have two books by Louise Hay on my bookshelf I think!

pussreboots said...

Interesting list. Happy TT. Thanks for stopping by.

Momisodes said...

You always have such wonderful ideas for these :) Those were amazing, and I can relate to many of these and see their underlying purpose. Well done :)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wonderful list!

Anonymous said...

What an interesting list...I did giggle at the knee one...I'm certainly exhibiting some severe stubbornness lately!

Thanks for visiting...happy TT!

SandyCarlson said...

I am new to this book. You have aroused my curiosity and made me think hard about my cellulite! I'll follow up. Thanks for opening the door. God bless.

Anonymous said...

What a incredibly helpful list. THanks for sharing!

Lori said...

Wow...those are awesome. Im going to print them and post them on my fridge:) Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

Eve said...

I don't enjoy affirmations. I'm sure I have a few that I live by, but I don't think of them as such. My mother always used to say, "Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." That works for me.

Thanks for stopping by. It is so nice to talk with someone who appreciates the same music I do.

Sonya said...

Such a nice list! Thanks for sharing it~ Louise looks awesome!

Unknown said...

I just got the book but I haven't had time to read it yet. You might like choosingprosperity.com since you like Louise Hay.

Anonymous said...

I heard that she overcame a horrendous childhood. I have back pain right now. She would say "lack of support."

NicciN said...

I love this book too. It has been very useful to me. I just got the DVD of the movie now. I should watch it. I also have the daily affirmation calendar, and I love it. I can tell which ones I really need by what gives me pause. It is interesting.

Anonymous said...

I never read that book but I remember it. Seems now that I'm 50 I probably should---I don't even know which one of those affirmations I need to start with!

T13 #12 |  Pictures from the (Virtual) Earth:  Thirteen Landscapes

storyteller said...

Claudia – Thanks … I always check her advice against my gut for a “fit” but am surprised how often she’s “right on” with her words.

Jientje – Good to see you visiting and I’ll be over to check your T-13 when time permits.

Pussreboots – Thanks .. and vice versa :-)

Sandy – I appreciate your kind words. I tend to fall asleep asking for an idea upon awakening … then go with whatever comes up. So far it’s not let me down.

Mama Geek – Thanks … it barely scratches the surface of what’s available in her book, so maybe I’ll continue this topic another time.

Annie – Hehehe … sometimes I’m amazed at how funny (and correct) the information can be.

Sandy Carlson – I’m happy to have shared new information with you because I always learn when I visit your T-13s.

Buck Naked Politics – You’re quite welcome! I loved the NY photos you shared this week.

Lori – You’re welcome. I love seeing what others share for T-13 on Thursdays. Actually, I post things around my house as reminders too, but I finally stopped using the fridge for this purpose when I bought a new one a few years back because a friend said I couldn’t give it up. LOL

Eve – Seems like that one covers it all! I enjoy affirmations as a way of substituting new thoughts for ones I want to release because they no longer serve my well-being or growth. I don’t always believe when I begin, but as I use positive thoughts … the form shifts and so do I … eventually progress happens.

Sonya – You’re quite welcome. Choosing what to include was a challenge, but I decided to go alphabetically today.

Seventh Sister – I hope you find it useful. Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll check the site out when time permits.

Colleen – She shared her story in this book and it was horrendous. The amazing thing is to realize she’s healthy when she refused to undergo surgery for cancer back in her 50s, deciding instead to practice what she believed. As for back pain, upper back pain is about lack of emotional support … but middle back pain is about “guilt” and getting “stuck in old stuff” (as in get off my back) … and lower back pain is supposed to be related to anger and revenge thoughts.

Yertle – I noticed there’s a “movie” when I checked her online recently but I haven’t invested. I use a similar method to determine which issues need addressing in my life.

Damozel – I don’t know if you SHOULD do anything just because you’re 50, but you COULD check it out if you wish. I’m into options whenever possible. I start with whatever “symptom” that I notice and go from there.

Thanks to all of you for visiting and sharing your feedback. I love seeing what you share in your T-13s each week too.
Hugs and blessings,

Tink said...

Amazing, great affirmations!
Thanks for visiting my Dalai Lama TT.

storyteller said...

Tink – I loved the Dalai Lama's quotes you shared last week, appreciate your return visit (no matter how belated), and am relieved to know I’m not the only one who plays “catch-up” all week from T-13 visits.
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

21 years of reference - wow. i only got this book a year or so ago. what a lifestyle change i made and have continued to work on since. great post.

storyteller said...

Chuck – Well … I’m considerably older than you are (just celebrated my 63rd birthday the 23rd of this month and I seem to recall you’re in your 40s) … so you’re finding the book about the same time in your life that I did. Interesting how that happens, eh?
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails