Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, February 8, 2008

Haiku Friday #11 - Email Woes


MSN email ...
What a nightmare nemesis!
I am at wits end.

Tech support and I
endlessly discuss the mess,
yet it's not resolved.

Friends and family
constantly frustrated that
I do not respond

though I do attempt
regularly to log on
only to receive

error messages ...
"MSN must now shut down"
Please log on again.

Sighing, I back off
opening my g-mail box
wishing they would send

emails here where I
can access them easily.
Why is change so hard?

Smallreflections at
g-mail isn't difficult
but somehow they don't

make the shift within
their email to access me.
It's a puzzlement!

For the moment I
shall relax and let it be.
I would rather read

Haiku Friday posts.
Later I shall try again
(or not) ... time will tell!

For a Mr. Linky to other Haiku Fridays
go to A Mommy Story.


Click for Volume 12
A Belated Haiku on Change

To see my previous odd- numbered Haikus,
click on the Haiku Friday label below this post.
Even numbered Haikus are here.

Note:
Thanks for visiting Small Reflections. If you're a regular reader of Haiku Friday, a 1st time visitor, or a "lurker" you're invited to pick up one or both of the following:
--"I'm a good blogging friend" award here (or from my sidebar) to give to everyone who visits your blog.
--"You Make MY Day award" here (or from my sidebar) to take back to your own blog to display and pass along to bloggers who make YOUR day.

If you choose to do either (or both), I hope you'll link back here and introduce me to your friends. Have a delightful day!

Thought for Today
"Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." the Dalai Lama


23 comments:

Karen said...

That's too bad about MSN email--it's so frustrating when something we usually take for granted just ups and quits on us!

Follow your instincts--relax and read some poetry.

suchsimplepleasures said...

the internet is probably the most frustrating and irritating place! and...it's so hard to get things fixed without talking to someone on the phone! i have issues with blogger! same kind of problems. i always have to log off and change my password! it's horrible. i hope you get things fixed!
xo

Anonymous said...

GEESH!!! So unbelievably frustrating!

Joyce said...

I love the flow of your Haiku, though I'm sorry for your email problem. Hope you get that resolved soon. Also, I LOVED the quote at the end of your post: "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." the Dalai Lama
Being on the look-out for how we can bless others is a grand adventure. :)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh no, that is so frustrating! Here's hoping for a fast resolution or a new provider!

Kat said...

Technology can be the most frustrating thing in the world when it doesn't work. Good luck!

Kayce aka lucy said...

ah yes. the wonders & woes of technology!! good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the way the haiku talk flows. I can hear it being read at an open mic.

bella said...

My computer recently broke and it really is a mess. I don't think of myself as "needing" the internet, email, ect. but without it, I was miserable.
Hope they get things figure out soon.

storyteller said...

Karen – Relaxing and reading poetry was a good change of pace and now I’m checking email … wondering if I’ll get an idea for a 2nd Haiku at Sacred Ruminations (or not).

SSP – Me too … I’ve been on the phone with tech support off and on for months now, but something never quite gets resolved. Sigh! I had problems with Blogger at first, but not for a while now (knocking on wood as I type this).

Susie J. – Yes … but in the scheme of things, it’s really “small stuph” so I try not to let it get me down. It’s been going on for quite a while however and I do need resolution sometime soon.

Joyce – Thanks … I love to write Haiku and sometimes find myself thinking in this lovely form. As for the quote, I love to remind myself of such thoughts to counter the constant negativity that seems so prevalent in our world.

Mama Geek – Nothing fast about MSN … sigh! The problem is I’ve been with them FOREVER (as in decades upon decades) and it’s the one constant with many changes in my life so people don’t lose track of me entirely. Of course, if I can’t access the account … all is lost anyway. I have g-mail and Roadrunner accounts … but no one uses them!

Kathryn and Lucy – Thanks for the good wishes. With enough positive energy, perhaps I’ll catch a break finally?

Colleen – Hmmm … what an idea! I’ve been thinking of participating in an open mic night, but hadn’t considered Haiku for a reading. That could be fun. Thanks for opening my eyes to a new possibility.

Thanks to all of you for visiting and commiserating with me … when (if) the situation is resolved perhaps I’ll share another Haiku on the subject.
Hugs and blessings to everyone!

storyteller said...

Bella – Hmmm, you must have visited while I was writing that long response to everyone and I didn’t notice until I got to the email notification … it’s funny how “we don’t know what we’ve got ‘til it’s gone” and how reliant we become on technology w/o realizing it’s happening. I may wait and tackle the problem over the weekend because right now Molly needs a walk and I need to walk away from the computer. Thanks for stopping by … hope you’re over that nasty bug!
Hugs and blessings,

Momisodes said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about MSN. I had to make the switch to gmail too 2 years back....it was tough transitioning to the ways of Gmail, but overtime, it's worth it.

Hope you get things straightened out...

Anonymous said...

Loved your haiku! I can very much understand the frustration, and few things are as frustrating as being so frustrated ;) Good luck!

storyteller said...

Sandy – I have switched to gmail … but they haven’t :-(
Actually, I’d like to keep my MSN account for “business” related email, but may end up giving it up altogether. First I’ll need to notify the business contacts somehow and give family and friends a final announcement that I’m closing the account. Maybe THAT will get their attention?

Maggie – Thanks for the feedback. I love writing in the Haiku form … and doing so eased a bit of the frustration I felt this morning. I guess it will take a while longer to resolve the issue.

Thanks to both of you for visiting and commenting.
Hugs and blessings,

the planet of janet said...

how incredibly frustrating!!! i feel your pain!

The Dream said...

Cool haiku - though a tremendously big drag on the email front. Grrrrr.
Great quote, too!

Anonymous said...

I love your Haiku for today- wonderfully written, and so true!!
Thanks for sharing!

I love the quote too...my 14 year old really likes the Dalai Lama's writings...and he's inspiring me to learn more too.

Danielle said...

Ugh, email troubles drive me batty.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Mother of Invention said...

Great haikus again about something we all can relate to, the frustration of technology!

storyteller said...

Janet – It helps to have some empathy from others, realizing I’m not alone with such “technology related” hassles, so thanks a bunch.

Dream – Thanks … and yes. I didn’t even try to deal with it this morning because I have plans for the day and not much time to spend at the computer.

BellaMocha – I appreciate your kind words about my Haiku. I do so love writing in this simple form. How wonderful that your 14 year old has discovered the writings of the Dalai Lama and has inspired you in this way!

MamaDB – I am close to wits end because this has been going on for months now, but I don’t intend to let it spoil my weekend with my Red Hat sisters!

MoI – How nice of you to stop by and commiserate! This too shall pass, but perhaps not as quickly as I’d like it to. It really would help take the pressure off if friends & family would make the switch to my gmail account.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I’m leaving my email woes behind today to play!
Hugs and blessings,

Yolanda said...

I love these haiku's

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I'm sorry for the e-mail woes. Tech problems are so frustrating! But look at what a wonderful inspiration it was for a fun set of haikus!

storyteller said...

Yolanda – Thanks for your visit and your encouragement. I love writing and sharing them, and it’s delightful to know they’re appreciated.

MPJ – You’re correct. MSN did provide creative inspiration on Friday (in the midst of my frustration), and I suspect it’s all part of the “change motif” shaping my life currently ... letting go of the old to make room for the new. It’s all challenging, but such is life.

How about that? I finally figured out how to use HTML "bold" tags! Yea for me!!! I hope you’re both well and having a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails