Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, February 1, 2008

Haiku Friday - Volume 9

What a marathon
time of writing this has been
authoring two blogs.

Fifteen items left
to complete "One Hundred One
Things About Myself
"

I've run out of steam
for the moment, but I hope
I will finish soon.

Read it if you wish
but be warned, I've been obsessed
ruminating here.

Sick I've been for three
days so I have cut myself
just a bit of slack.

Even so each day
I've done what I could to keep
up with everything

passing on awards
blogging friends bestowed upon
me ... and thus today

I invite each one
reading now to click this link
for YOU Make MY Day.

Meet some bloggers and
take a copy for yourself,
post it if you choose,

pass it on like me
to your blogging buddies and
share the love with links

of your own ... and now
as I've finished this Haiku,
I shall say adieu.

For a Mr. Linky to other Haiku Fridays
go to A Mommy Story.


Click for Haiku Friday Volume 10

To see my previous odd- numbered Haikus,
click on the Haiku Friday label below this post.
Even numbered Haikus are here.

Thought for Today
"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.
Diane Ackerman


22 comments:

Cathy said...

Ohhh...hope you're feeling better!

dlyn said...

I love going around on Fridays to read all the Haikus! And I hope you are feeling better now.

Phyllis Sommer said...

why do you put the odds here and the evens there? great haikus... feel better!

Anonymous said...

Feel better...Great 'ku!

Anonymous said...

Sick and you still managed to come up with that haiku and pass on awards. I'm seriously impressed with your dedication to the 365.

Melissa said...

Hope you're feeling better, too. And a great 'ku, even if you were under the weather. Can't wait to read the 100 things. :)

Mother of Invention said...

As always, you have done great Haikus! And I don't know how you manage 2 blogs of such beadth and depth!
I've done Poetry Friday (the word was "birthday")today but not haikus.

Get better!

Kat said...

That was a very impressive haiku! Well done!
Hope you feel better soon!

Karen said...

You get more accomplished sick than many people do healthy...great haikus! I hope you're feeling better soon!

the planet of janet said...

great haiku... feel better soon.

Eve said...

Your haiku are always wonderful. But then one would expect that with your background. Keep getting better. And keep writing.

storyteller said...

I appreciate all of you visiting, offering feedback on my Haiku, and wishing me well. I’m feeling better today than I did a couple of days ago and am hoping for a speedy recovery. I’d love to respond to each of you individually as I usually do, but I’m leaving this general response knowing that I’ve visited some of your blogs already today (leaving comments there) and that I intend to visit the rest as soon as possible (if not today, then certainly over the weekend). I wish Blogger provided access to email like some of the other platforms do, but I’m not ready to consider making a big change yet since I’ve only begun to learn this one. So … thank you all. I hope you have a delightful day and wonderful weekend!
Hugs and blessings,

NicciN said...

I hope that you feel better. I really need to pass on the You Make My Day Award myself. It feels so good to get it, I should find the time to pass that good feeling around.

storyteller said...

Yertle – You have lots on your plate right now, so cut yourself some slack unless passing on the award to others would serve as a diversion from your father-in-law’s surgery and the loss of your sister’s friend. It’ll be there when things calm down to share if doing so now would add stress. I’ve got a couple more awards to pass along and it’s the end of the month so I want to thank my blogging buddies as I did at the end of December, but I’m not pushing myself to do anything other than respond to email at the moment even though I’d like to visit more T-13s and Haiku Fridays and it’s been a long time since I’ve visited some of my regular bloggers. Methinks I might skip the 2nd Haiku Friday post I usually do at Sacred Ruminations unless “inspiration” strikes soon. Take care of yourself so you don’t get sick. This bug’s no fun!
Hugs and blessings,

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow, I'd hate to see what ku you could produce if you were healthy! This was great! Good luck on the 100 - that is too time consuming, no?

Joyce said...

Thanks for stopping by to read my haiku, and thank you for your kind comments. I very much enjoyed your haiku, too.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

storyteller said...

Mama Geek – Well, I was raised to just push through anything with determination and although I’ve worked to release that urge, sometimes it gets the better of me anyway. Writing Haiku comes naturally to me probably from all the years I spent teaching kids to do this. Today I felt better than I did a couple of days ago, but I’m still without much energy. In fact, I’ve not yet posted a 2nd Haiku on my other blog as I usually do … and am about to let it go entirely. As for the list of 101 Things About Me, I’m glad I did it, but you’re right … it’s time consuming. I wish I’d known about it earlier to get a head start.

Joyce – You’re quite welcome and thanks for returning the visit here. I do love Haiku Friday, but didn’t visit as many blogs as usual. I figure I can visit over the weekend and/or into next week to catch up when I feel better and have the energy.

Hugs and blessings to you both!

Yolanda said...

Just dropped by and wanted to wish you a lovely weekend.

Kayce aka lucy said...

hope you are feeling better. you have set very high standards for yourself!!!

storyteller said...

Yolanda – Thanks … I’m taking things easy … cutting myself some slack (a phrase my brother used to use often) and focusing on healthy thoughts.

Lucy – I am (with regular doses of Vitamin C, Zicam, lots of water and rest). Thanks for the good wishes. You may be right about my high standards … (mulling this over). It’s uncanny how each time I think I’ve neutralized this tendency within myself, the issue arises in a new form … as if to test the hypothesis. LOL

I haven’t posted anything at Sacred Ruminations for a couple of days but am thinking about doing a belated issue of Haiku Friday today because I love that form and let it go yesterday.

I appreciate finding your comments this morning as I check email and hope you’re enjoying a wonderful weekend as well.
Hugs and blessings,

Toni said...

What a great haiku! I hope you are soon feeling better!

storyteller said...

Toni - Thanks for the visit, the kind words, and the good wishes. I love writing Haiku and enjoy other poetry forms as well. Visiting everyone on Friday is fun as well. Your Haiku still leaves me chuckling at your close call. I'm feeling much better today and think I'm almost back to "normal" ... whatever that is. LOL
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails