Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wacky Whimsical Wednesday

Your Fortune Is

He who fishes in another man's well often catches crab.


I'm taking a little blogging mini-break today before the busy-ness of end of the week memes ... T-13 and Friday Haiku. I did post something substantive and inspirational at Sacred Ruminations earlier today if frivolous blogthings don't strike your fancy. In addition to playing with and walking Molly, I did some pruning of my lime tree this morning to keep it from getting out of control again and visited with a friend this afternoon.

You Are a Plain Ole Cup of Joe

But don't think plain - instead think, uncomplicated
You're a low maintenance kind of girl... who can hang with the guys
Down to earth, easy going, and fun! Yup, that's you: the friend everyone invites.
And your dependable too. Both for a laugh and a sympathetic ear.

No surprise here for me. The 1st thing I do in the morning is make coffee ... every day, and occasionally in the afternoon I meet friends to visit over coffee. How about you?


Thought for Today

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing." John Powell (1834 - 1902)

8 comments:

Mary said...

Having some fun today. I did the fortune cookie one, but it didn't apply to me and had to do with women's breasts, so I won't post it. LOL

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my wacky weather post. I got the lightning graphic off a free website. Sorry you haven't been feeling well.

Blessings,
Mary

Kayce aka lucy said...

my fortune cookie was too lame to reprint, but thought i'd let you know that i am a plain ole cup of joe too. sounds like we have similar coffee patterns...although in recent years i have switched solely to decaf. some would say what's the point? but i still love the warmth & taste :-)

Karen said...

Fortune: A bird in the hand is safer than one overhead. This made me laugh hysterically--I've had a couple of memorable past incidents involving flying birds.

And I'm a plain ole cup of Joe, too.

storyteller said...

Mary – I’m glad you’re having fun. Seems like you’ve got a lot on your plate these days. You’re welcome for the visit. I’m hoping to get back into a regular blog reading routine again, but life keeps throwing me curves. I’m grateful to be healthy now.

Lucy – Hmmm … maybe I should “dump” the fortune cookie blogthing? I didn’t really understand mine, but thought it was a “quickie” to answer along with the coffee one. I do “half-cafĂ©” (mixing half regular & half decaf beans in the grinder) in the mornings and decaf in the afternoons … because sleep is important to me. LOL

Karen – So much for dumping the fortune cookie blogthing! This is hilarious and I can hardly type a response. Oh … there are stories about such things from my life I could tell … seagulls are BIG birds you know … and pelicans even larger! Beach life can be precarious in this way.

Thanks everyone for visiting and playing along. I hope you have a delightful day.
Hugs and blessings,

NicciN said...

I am a plain cup of Joe too. Funny.

storyteller said...

Yertle – Hmmm … like birds of a feather, it seems we “plain cup of Joe” gals stick together too. Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs and blessings,

The Dream said...

I can't believe that I am a plain ol' cup of joe - I have been told that I am high maintenance most of my life. Whoa - maybe I have had some kind of psychic change! I am a polar bear on the animal in my past life test.

storyteller said...

Dream – These Blogthings can be fun, though I don’t put much stock in the reliability of the results.

I do suspect it could be fun to get together with all of you for coffee :--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails