Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday

I voted and hope you did too if you live in one of the states involved. I even let myself get talked into signing up to work at the polls in future elections.

Voting Reference Information from my sidebar

Thought for Today
"Yours is not the task of making your way in the world, but the task of remaking the world which you will find before you."

-Franklin Delano Roosevelt

8:20 PM addendum
I've been watching election results on ABC for about an hour. Now that the polls are closed in California we should begin to get results from here. This is the 1st time we've voted so early in this state. Since our primary used to be in June, it seems strange to be voting so early in the year. I'm surprised at how close things are between Obama and Clinton across the Nation, and because Democratic states aren't "winner take all" ... following the delegate count should prove exciting ... so I'm going to sign off for the night.

Wednesday 2-6-08 addendum at 4:30 am
Just woke up a little while and turned on the television to see what happened while I slept. I've also logged on to CNN's Election Center 2008 Primaries and Caucuses and am watching with interest as the page get updated every minute or so as the results come in. As someone born before television existed (and when telephones had "party" re: shared lines), I'm often amazed at what technology can do. Unfortunately, I'm not as technically skilled as some and my attempts to include data here have resulted in frustration ... so methinks I'll give up in that regard (at least for the time being). The two pages I've found most interesting are these with results for Democratic and Republican races.

6 comments:

Eve said...

Only registered Democrats in Idaho are participating in Super Tuesday. They're having a caucus. I'm not registered with either party. So, no voting for me today. The Republicans will be voting in May.

storyteller said...

Eve - I see ... so you have more time to decide. California's primary is usually after Super Tuesday so we're voting earlier than usual. It seems a bit strange to me, but such is life. I just returned home from getting my hair permed (YEA ... I have curls again!) and running errands. There was LOTS of traffic so it took a long time to drive home. I've turned on ABC to watch the Election Results while I check email. The polls close here in a little more than an hour so it should be a while before results are in for us. Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs and blessings,

Susie H said...

Voted absentee last month. I just LOVE having a voice in my country's government. It's a gift. I've done some poll stuff in the past, being a "Watcher" when the machines were opened, etc. and it was very exciting in an odd way...

Karen said...

Oh I'm defintiely voting--but not until next Tuesdy (Maryland). I never miss an opportunity--I just think about all my foremothers did to give me the right to vote, and get my butt to the polls.

Yolanda said...

I so agree with you on this post . You knew I would .Thanks for voting ours is in May here.

storyteller said...

Susie – Good for you! My sister and her husband voted absentee because they’re traveling, but she lamented some of her votes on California’s propositions because she didn’t have enough information at the time. I think that’s why I tend to go to the polls on Election Day even if it’s sometimes a hassle. I have mixed feelings about volunteering, but I’m eager to see what’s entailed and to try it out at least once. Thanks for your encouraging words.

Karen – Yes … ‘tis good to remember that women didn’t always have the right to vote and to take advantage of the opportunity. It felt strange to vote so early this year. California’s Primary has always been in June previously.

Yolanda – Yes … I knew you would and I’m sure you’ll be voting when you have the opportunity to do so in May.

Thanks to you all for visiting and leaving your comments.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails