Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday Musings and a Meme


I'd like to thank everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday over the past few days. I enjoyed celebrating all weekend long! If somehow you missed my "party" ... check out my Haiku Friday and What is Hula Pie? posts for details. As I always do, I've left responses to your comments after each of these posts. If you didn't check the little box to receive follow-up comments in email, you might want to click on the comments today to read my additions there.

This morning I created a special page for Awards and Bling, added a link to About Me in my sidebar and cleared out most of the "bling" to restore some semblance of order on my blogs. Although I changed the date on the post to February 1 (where it will be easy to find & update later), it seems the post showed up in Google Reader (as did one I created a while back at Sacred Ruminations when I updated my About Me section). I suppose there's no way to avoid confusion with such "housekeeping" matters, but I wish there was. If anyone has suggestions for me on how to avoid such a post getting picked up in Google Reader, I'd be happy to hear from you.

And that reminds me. Once again my blogs aren't showing up in the Blog 365 Mega Feed, and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem. The last two posts from Sacred Ruminations were from February 18th (Monday's Addendum to Saturday's Surprise) and February 13th (Wellness Wednesday - A Brief Introduction). The last two posts listed from Small Reflections was also from the 13th of February (Tuesday Thanks, Thoughts, Talk and a Tag) and the 12th (Natural Highs). Perhaps I'll send email to Kamen about this, but I am curious to know if anyone else has noticed the problem or if it's just happening with my posts?

Claudia of Everyday Kindness tagged me at Sacred Ruminations for a new Meme she created and I posted my responses on that blog, but I'd like to invite others to read and participate ... so here's the link (Kind Fives Meme). I hope you'll check it out when time permits, and if you do decide to play along (and encourage others to do likewise either by tagging or invitation) ... I hope you'll leave a link here so that I can read your responses.

I'm delighted to have discovered, joined, and added two new Blogrolls to my sidebar here. One is Bloggers over 50 and the other is Greatful Gals! I've already met some new bloggers and look forward to meeting more of you when time permits.


Thought for Today
"It is necessary to help others, not only in our prayers ... but in our daily lives. If we cannot help others, the least we can do is to desist from harming them." the Dalai Lama

18 comments:

Phyl said...

Hello sister~

Just noticed your link at greatfullivins! I look forward to getting to know you.

Hugs...Phyl

storyteller said...

Phyl – Thanks for visiting and introducing your self by leaving a comment. I’ve followed you back to your blog and left a comment there as well. It’s nice to meet you.
Hugs and blessings,

Eve said...

Love the Dalai Lama quote. I, too, have joined Bloggers Over 50. And I will be checking out the Grateful Gals as soon as I'm finished here. Love your less cluttered look.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! And happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!

storyteller said...

Eve – I’m glad you liked the quote and appreciate my “less cluttered” look. I’m happy with it too. I noticed you on the 50+ Blogger list and will look for you on the Greatful Gals blogroll now as well.

Susie J – Thanks … I appreciate the good wishes. I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of my birthday too.

Kat – Thank you for the birthday wishes and for the return visit. Last week was busy so today was my “catch-up” day for T-13ers.

I hope you’re all having a delightful day!
Hugs and blessings,

Greatfullivin said...

Hi! Thanks for the link and the promotion of the grateful gals! We are turning out to be a wonderful group of ladies. I think I will do the 5 kind meme next for monday meme. Hugs and blessings!

Tina Coruth said...

Hi Storyteller,

I will have to pop over to read your meme!

I love the Dalai Lama quote. Wouldn't the world be a better place if we put his words into action?!?!?

Have a great week!
Tina

storyteller said...

Greatfullivin – You’re quite welcome! I think the Gratitude idea is wonderful and will do whatever I can to support it. I’m glad you’re thinking about doing the meme and will look forward to reading your version when you post it.

Tina – Hi back-acha ;--)
I’m happy to know you’re going to check out the meme and that you enjoyed the Dalai Lama quote. Yes indeed … and when we each do our part the world does become better all the time.

Thanks to both of you for visiting and sharing your views. I hope you each have a wonderful week!
Hugs and blessings,

Mary said...

Virginia,

I'm so glad you have joined Grateful Gals. Isn't it wonderful to be grateful for the things we are blessed with.

I've been thinking about joining Bloggers Over 50 for a long time but still haven't quite decided. I am so busy and have trouble keeping up now. I will continue thinking about it. The lovely button just makes me want to join.

Thanks for commenting on my post today. Griffyn is a beautiful little guy. Melissa is expecting again in August and is going to have her hands full.

I wish you a day filled with sunshine and laughter.

Blessings,
Mary

Momisodes said...

Congrats! I hope you had a lovely Birthday...and I look forward to checking out the Grateful Gals :)

Maude Lynn said...

I hope that you had a wonderful birthday, Storyteller!

Love that quote!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Hey girl,
Thanks for stopping by--it is always nice to see what else is going on out there in blogdom.
I scrolled down and notices your beautiful lemon tree--how great for making lemonade.Now that is something I would love to have in my yard.

Happy belated birthday--that pie looked incredible. And for my hips benefit it was probably best that I could only look at it. ;)

storyteller said...

Mary – Yup! I couldn’t agree more. I had some trouble accessing their blog at first but all seems fine now. The folks I’ve met from the 50+ blogroll are all really interesting and friendly, but I’m not sure how I’ll be able to catch up because I fall behind regularly these days with my friend in town. It’s easier to keep current when they’re traveling in their RVs, but I do like the face-to-face visits too. How exciting to have a new baby on the way!

Sandy – I did have a wonderful birthday! I don’t know how you’re going to do one more thing however. You make my head spin already with all you do. LOL

Mama Zen – Thanks, and I hope you’ve recovered from your anemia. That seemed serious! My birthday was WONDERFUL actually! I’m glad I shared it with everyone online through my blog as someone suggested to me.

Sharon – Visiting your blog was my pleasure and I’ll return when time permits. I love the name of your site and would love to “Sit a while” and visit with you. I’d bring lemons and we could share the Hula Pie to cut down on calories. LOL Thanks for following the link back here to check out Small Reflections. You might also enjoy my 2nd blog – Sacred Ruminations.

Thanks to all of you for your visit. I hope you had a delightful day!
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday! Here's a toast to more wonderful years to enjoy.

BTW, I love that quote and I can't help but feel envious with that lemon tree. I would loooove something like that in the backyard - but I'm just not sure that's going to grow here.

Makimeji
VERB

Sonya said...

Happy Belated B-Day!

Karen said...

I was just thinking...what will be the state of blogging when I'm over 50? Will it even exist?

storyteller said...

Mama Meji – Thank you for the belated b-day wishes and the toast! I’m happy you liked the quote and wish I could share some of my luscious lemons with you.

Sonya – Thanks … it was a wonderful one!

Karen – What a great question to ponder! Given the fact that TVs and computers didn’t exist when I was born, there’s no telling what the world will be like when you’re 50 … but I suspect it will be fun to find out.

I appreciate each of you taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. I hope you’re having a wonderful Wednesday.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails