Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Natural Highs



Mother of Invention recently passed along this list of "Natural Highs" at Spilling Out! Apparently the list was started by a friend of hers who suggested everyone add something to the list and pass it along, so that's what I'm doing today. I invite you to do likewise if you wish.

1. Falling in love


2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.

3. A hot shower.

4. No lines at the supermarket.

5. A special glance.

6. Getting mail.

7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.

8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.

9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.

10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer

11. Milkshake (any flavor).

12. A bubble bath.

13. Giggling.

15. The beach.

16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.

17. Laughing at yourself.

18. Looking into their eyes and knowing they Love you

19. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.

20. Running through sprinklers.

21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.

22. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.

23. Laughing at an inside joke with FRIENDS

24. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.

25. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.

26. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).

27. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.

28. Playing with a new puppy.

29. Having someone play with your hair.

30. Sweet dreams.

31. Hot chocolate.

32. Road trips with friends.

33. Swinging on swings.

34. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.

35. Making chocolate chip cookies.

36. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.

37. Holding hands with someone you care about.

38. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.

39. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much desired present from you.

40. Watching the sunrise.

41. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.

42. Knowing that somebody misses you.

43. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.

44. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.

45. Hearing a loon’s call!

46. Waking up and seeing your cat's big eyes looking at you.

47. Being at a hockey game and having your team play well and win their game.

48. Walking on the beach barefoot with a canine friend who loves to play fetch.

49. Getting lost in a wonderful book!

50. Sharing a pleasant memory or event with someone.


You're invited to
add one (or more) and pass along these

Natural Highs (or not) as you wish!


Thought for Today
"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly." Langston Hughes

7 comments:

Momisodes said...

Oh those were fabulous! I think I got a natural high from just reading this list and thinking about each as I read through :) Thank you for sending thoughts of the sun and beach my way... :)

Eve said...

Great list. Things I hadn't thought about in years. I may decide to borrow this for a post.

storyteller said...

Sandy – I’m glad you enjoyed it, and I’m happy to pass along sunny beach thoughts whenever. Molly and I enjoyed our outing at Dog Beach yesterday. It's a good thing we did so because it's supposed to be foggy and cooler today with drizzles tomorrow.

Eve – No need to “borrow” anything. This list is out there to pass along as you wish. I can only take credit for the last 3 entries. Feel free to copy, paste, and add your own ideas … post it and encourage others to pass it along as well. We can all use “lifts” like this, right?

I hope you’re both having a delightful day and a wonderful week!
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

I'd have to say reading inspiring blogs (such as this one) gives me a natural high.

storyteller said...

Karen – What a thoughtful comment to leave behind. I appreciate it all the more today since I’ve been feeling just a wee bit guilty about spending so little time online of late. I’m happy to know you find what I post “inspiring” … in fact, there’s a huge smile on my face and warmth in my heart right now.

I hope your fiction writing is going well and fully intend to get over to check out your blog today since I think I missed it yesterday. In the afternoon my computer got too slow as McAfee updated my security software. I don’t know why it took so long, but I was most frustrated!
Hugs and blessings,

Mother of Invention said...

Hey, finally getting around to thank you for this! A new blog game could be, "Pass The Post"! A neat idea where everyone adds something. It could be then copied and pasted at one site so people could check back and see the list grow!

storyteller said...

MoI – Now that’s an idea worth entertaining and milking for all it’s worth when “inspiration” fails. LOL
Actually I’ve enjoyed returning to this list periodically myself because it’s a lovely way to take care of ourselves … giving ourselves permission to relax and enjoy the delightful moments along the way in the midst of our busy lives … so thanks again for sharing.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails