Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday Stuph Shared



I'm picking up a couple of my Red Hat "sisters" at 11:15 to drive to a Valentine Luncheon, so I'm a bit "crunched" for time.







Molly wants a walk and isn't taking "In a little while" for an answer. Does she know it's a Red Hat Saturday I wonder?





(In the spirit of full-disclosure, this photo isn't actually of my sweet fur-friend, but I'm in a rush and it looks enough like Molly
to BE her ... sort of ... and this IS what Molly is doing right now ... staring at me expectantly).

I plan to do a "real" post here later this afternoon, so this is a "tide-me-over" to whet the appetite and/or explain where I am
& what's up. Below this is a T-13 on "Healing Affirmations" and a Haiku Friday on "MSN Email Woes" in case you missed them. I did create a 2nd belated Haiku at Sacred Ruminations this morning "On Change" ... but for now, it's a glorious day so Molly and I are headed to the beach!

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend too!

* * * * * * *
6:41 PM addendum
Our walk was fun this morning even though we didn't go to Dog Beach since I didn't have time to give Molly a bath afterwards and pick up my friends on time. Perhaps we'll do that one day next week if the weather stays warm enough.

My visit with the ladies was delightful and lunch delicious. I enjoyed catching up with what everyone has done since the holidays. We celebrated my birthday and another gal's early with cupcakes, but I brought mine home because I didn't want to count the points.

I'm back home with Molly and Ms. Kitty ... checking email and responding to comments ... hoping to read a few blogs this evening before I shut down the computer for the night.

My sister and I finally connected for a phone chat after playing telephone tag for the past several days. They enjoyed their visit to Disney World and Epcott, spent a day at a local County Fair, and are now camped along the ocean somewhere near Daytona where I understand the race is to take place this weekend making their RV site more expensive than usual.

My MSN email is still messed up but I'm planning to devote some time tomorrow to that problem. Hopefully I'll make some progress on that front.

Imaginative Ideas

"It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
Lewis Carroll

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
Theodor Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss)

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
Henry David Thoreau

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had me sitting here wondering what it would feel like to put on a red hat or dress all in red and purple and go out with gal friends. Then I looked down and realized I am already wearing red and purple. Ha!

storyteller said...

Kelly,
That's pretty funny all right! Even before I became a Red Hatter, I wore both colors (though seldom at the same time). Now I mix and match. I usually wear purple with red hat and accessories, but since this is my birthday month ... I've reversed the colors and am wearing RED with purple accessories and hat!

I noticed your comment as I was shutting down the computer because I'm leaving soon. Thanks for stopping by to say hello. Keep those red and purple outfits handy because there's lots of fun to be had with Red Hatters when you reach 50!!! FYI - Did you know you could be a Pink Hatter before the age of 50? They wear lavender with Pink Hats!
Hugs and blessings,

Momisodes said...

Hope you have a fabulous time at the luncheon and beach!!!

How can you resist that sweet stare from Molly (even though I know that's not her..but still).

Happy Saturday!

storyteller said...

Sandy – Actually, Molly’s stare is difficult to resist (as are her nudges) when she really wants something. We had an enjoyably vigorous walk along the “trail” at the beach, but I didn’t let her run free at Dog Beach because I didn’t have time to give her a bath before leaving to meet my Red Hat sisters for a lovely lunch and pleasant visit. Molly got a “Greenie” as I left and I’m about to take her out to play and take another short walk in a few minutes to work off lunch. I have had a delightful day! Hope you did too.
Hugs and blessings,

Joy Des Jardins said...

I just love the picture of the 'ladies' Virginia...and so glad you had such a good time. I know a couple of ladies who are 'red-hatters.' They seem to love it too.

Molly's adorable...very sweet. I see by one of your comments that you made up the time with her just beautifully. I'd say she's a pretty lucky pup.

The Dream said...

Sunny and I went for a VERY long walk today despite strong winds, which sent his velvet ears flapping! And now, I hear him snoozing away on my bed - good thing I'm cool with yellow lab hair!

Hope your luncheon was sweet!

Karen said...

Wait a sec--you have a birthday coming up? Or has it passed?

storyteller said...

Joy – I do my best to balance life’s activities :--)
I don’t do many Red Hat things, but it’s nice to connect with these gals once a month. Occasionally Molly gets the short end of the stick, but for the most part she’s one lucky pooch … living the good life!

Dream – How wonderful for the two of you! Wind doesn’t bother Molly at all … but I don’t much enjoy being out in it, and fortunately we have enough “pleasant days” that I can make that choice w/o guilt. It's warm enough that I may take her to Dog Beach today. She could use a bath anyway and I could use the exercise. As for yellow lab hair, it’s just a fact of life.

Karen – My birthday is coming up – 11 days and counting. My Red Hat sisters celebrated early because our next gathering is in March … after the fact.

Thanks for stopping by while I’ve been out playing in the real world.
Hugs and blessings,

Sonya said...

The luncheon sounds wonderful. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I can't wait until the day that I get together with my girlfriends and do this sort of thing. As life is now, my young family needs me most of the time and girlfriend time is not as often as I'd like.

Your little Molly sounds like such a fun little dog. We have a mini-schnauzer that thinks she has a seat at our dinner table :-o)

storyteller said...

Sonya – It was … and thanks :--) Getting together like this IS one of the unexpected blessings of retirement. While I worked it seemed I had minimal time for any social activities. My contact with friends (outside of work) was limited to weekends and holidays because I was so tired all the time that getting together in the evening just didn’t work for me.

As for our fur-friends, they do play a special role in our lives don’t they? In some respects, Molly's pretty spoiled because she's never had to deal with me as a "working gal" so she "expects" (and gets) lots of attention. On the other hand, she's better "trained" than some of my previous dogs and knows "the table" isn't her domain. LOL
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails