Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Silly Sunday Poetry and Something to Do

Sunday's coming to a close
and I've not posted yet!
So I've found three Blogthings
in the hopes that I can get
visitors to make a choice
(or maybe do all three)
posting the results in comments
for us all to see.

One is quick - a single question
how can you resist?
Three determines who's an opti-
mist or pessimist.
As for two, it's fundamental.
Which mark you might be
will remain a question unless
you decide to see.


ONE - The World's Shortest Personality Test

Your Brain's Pattern



Your brain is always looking for the connections in life.

You always amaze your friends by figuring out things first.

You're also good at connecting people - and often play match maker.

You see the world in fluid, flexible terms. Nothing is black or white.

What Pattern Is Your Brain?


TWO - What Punctuation Mark are YOU?


You Are a Question Mark



You seek knowledge and insight in every form possible. You love learning.

And while you know a lot, you don't act like a know it all. You're open to learning you're wrong.

You ask a lot of questions, collect a lot of data, and always dig deep to find out more.

You're naturally curious and inquisitive. You jump to ask a question when the opportunity arises.

Your friends see you as interesting, insightful, and thought provoking.

(But they're not always up for the intense inquisitions that you love!)

You excel in: Higher education

You get along best with: The Comma

What Punctuation Mark Are You?



THREE - Are You an Optimist or a Pessimist?
I was neither!

You Are a Realist



You don't see the glass as half empty or half full. You see what's exactly in the glass.

You never try to make a bad situation seem better than it is...

But you also never sabotage any good things you have going on.

You are brutally honest in your assessments of situations - and this always seems to help you cope.


Now that you've seen my results,
won't you share as well?
We've no need for secrets here
so just do them and tell!
Or if you would rather post
the answers on your blog
leave a link so I can follow
up ... and dialog.

I'm sorry ... it's growing late and I'm hungry
so my mind isn't working so well.

Be sure to check out Saturday Surprises if you haven't done so, and thanks for visiting (whether or not you play along).


7 comments:

Mary said...

My brain works the same as yours. This was the nicest pattern there.

My punctuation mark is a dash - faced paced. Well, I'm always busy doing one thing or another.

I am also a realist. I don't pull any punches and in my years of experience know that life is not a bowl of cherries, but can be wonderful if you work hard to make it so and put your faith in God.

Seems like we have a few things in common. Thanks for sharing and thanks for posting on my Animal Kingdom photos. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Have a terrific week.
Blessings,
Mary

storyteller said...

Mary - Yes, we certainly do have many things in common and I'm delighted to have encountered you in this "virtual" world. I'm so happy YOU shared those photos because although my sister TAKES pictures of their travels, she never SENDS them to me so I have to "visualize" what she describes. It's nice actually SEE pictures on the computer screen. On another topic, it seems to me your daughter's surgery is coming up soon ... maybe today or tomorrow. You've all been in my prayers and will continue to be indefinitely. Thanks for the visit and for playing along.
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

My brain works the same as yours--although I was drawn to the color, not the pattern. I just couldn't choose any other pattern once my brain saw the purple.

I'm a comma--I excel in inspiring people, and I get along best with...you guessed it...question mark people.

And I, too, am a realist.

storyteller said...

Karen – I recall from previous Blogthings how much you love purple ;--)
Like you, I was drawn to the color first and pattern second. Of course you’d be a comma and a realist. How cool to have so much in common even as you’re busily living life with sick youngster today and I'm being pestered by Molly who wants to go for her walk NOW!!! (I want to wait until it warms up a bit). I hope Nathan feels better. I loved the Frog and Toad post.
Hugs and blessings,

Eve said...

My pattern is the yellow "star."
Your mind is an incubator for good ideas, it just takes a while for them to develop.
But when you think of something, watch out!
Your thoughts tend to be huge, and they come on quickly - like an explosion.
You tend to be quiet around others, unless you're inspired by your next big idea.

I am a colon (:)
You are very orderly and fact driven.
You aren't concerned much with theories or dreams... only what's true or untrue.

You are brilliant and incredibly learned. Anything you know is well researched.
You like to make lists and sort through things step by step. You aren't subject to whim or emotions.

Your friends see you as a constant source of knowledge and advice.
(But they are a little sick of you being right all of the time!)

You excel in: Leadership positions

You get along best with: The Semi-Colon

And I, too, am a Realist

NicciN said...

Thanks for these. They are very interesting. My pattern is the green circles, I am a dash, and an optimist. More details are on my blog.

storyteller said...

Eve – Wow! You must be feeling better to have taken the time to do all three Blogthings. I'm glad to know you're on the mend. Thanks for sharing in such detail. I enjoy when visitors share their results like this. Seems this time we’re different on 2 of the 3 quizzes, but I enjoy variety in my friends.

Yertle – You're quite welcome. Thanks for playing along and leaving the link so I could check out your results at Smile, Play, Dream. You were a dynamo posting all of them AND doing the Photobucket Meme too! This was most impressive and fun to share.

Hugs and blessings to you both,

Related Posts with Thumbnails