Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday Motivator and More


Monday Motivator
(with thanks to
Yertle at Smile, Play, Dream
for this marvelous Monday idea)

"It isn't for the moment

you are stuck that you need courage,
but for the long uphill climb
back to sanity and faith and security."
Anne Morrow Lindbergh
"I nurture a faithful heart. When difficulties, sorrow, and trials beset me, I consciously choose faith in the face of despair. Like the mountain climber who reaches the summit a step at a time, I hold an ideal in my heart. Despite the temptation to bitterness, despite the seduction of rage, I choose a path of temperate endurance, grounding my daily life in the small joys yet available to me. Learning from the natural world, I harbor the seeds of hope against the long winter. I count the small stirrings of beauty and delight still present in a barren time. My heart is a seasoned traveler. Moving through hostile and unfamiliar terrain it remains alert to encounter unexpected beauty blossoming despite the odds. In the arms of adversity, I yet find the comfort of tenderness to myself and others. I refuse to harbor a hardened heart. Decisively and deliberately. I expand rather than contract.

Today I choose the softening grace of forgiveness. I allow the sunlight of the spirit to reach my shadowed heart."
from TRANSITIONS by Julia Cameron
More from Me
Yes, I did this yesterday
but just this morning I
happened on this Blogthing
and could not resist. Oh my!
Does that mean I am addicted
after all to these?
Is there a pill I might take
to cure this dread disease?

Will you like me anyway
or does this spell the end
of your visits to my blog?
I need to know, my friend.
Should I seek out rehab
or let this habit run
until I discover other
ways to have some fun?

WHAT AGE DO YOU ACT?
Considering I'll be 63 in just 5 days, 27 seems good to ME!

You Act Like You Are 27 Years Old



You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel like an adult, and you're optimistic about life.

You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences.

You're still figuring out your place in the world and how you want your life to shape up.

The world is full of possibilities, and you can't wait to explore many of them.

What Age Do You Act?

If this isn't to your liking
there are three below
in my Sunday post to choose from.
Please feel free to go
on and read the poetry I
shared there too, and then
let your fingers type a comment.
Let me call you "friend".

After that you're more than welcome
to peruse and take
a "surprise" from Saturday.
Just give this gal a break!
Make my day by sharing something
interesting & new.
Then we'll both be happier
'cuz I can visit YOU!


Thought for Today
"When humor goes, there goes civilization." Irma Bombeck

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't EVER stop blogging! We depend on you, and you're amazing. Today your opening quotes were just what I needed to pick myself up and go on. THANK YOU!

storyteller said...

Anonymous - I'm so glad these words spoke to you in much the same way they're speaking to me today. Thanks so much for the encouraging words! I appreciate you stopping by and commenting. I’m just a bit sad I can't return the visit as promised, but am happy to know someone’s out there reading this blog. LOL
Hugs and blessings,

Mike Golch said...

Argggg don't even think abot not blogging.I'll just have to pull my hair out.

bella said...

What a great collection of quotes.
I enjoyed them all.
And now I'm off to see what age I act. :)

storyteller said...

Mike – I don’t know what made you (or Anonymous) think that I was thinking of not blogging … because I’m not (and it THAT isn’t a convoluted thought I don’t know what is). That said, I wouldn’t want you to pull your hair out … so I’ll definitely continue doing what I can to post each day … with or without inspiration.

Bella – Thanks. I’m happy to know you enjoyed them. I’ve always used quotes to motivate myself and (while in the classroom) to generate thought in (and conversation with and between) my students. It seemed natural when I started blogging a few months ago to continue that practice here.

So … just how old DO you each of you act? LOL
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

Apparently I act like a thirtysomething...which is good I guess, considering that I AM thirtysomething. ;)

And, ohmygosh, no, no and NO--I love you! I love your blogs! Don't stop!

Maude Lynn said...

I act like I'm 25? Now, I remember 25, and this ain't it!

Akelamalu said...

I love blogthings too and I love your poems! I'm 58 but act 18!

storyteller said...

Karen – I suppose acting your age can be a good thing … but methinks (at my rapidly advancing age) I’d rather be acting younger. Thanks … I do genuinely appreciate your regular visits, active participation, and enthusiastic support of both my blogs.

Mama Zen – Heheh {;--)

Akelamalu – Thanks! As I mentioned at Everything and Nothing this morning, I enjoyed YOUR poetry and seem to be bitten by the poetry bug here the last few days … though I’m afraid mine are nothing to write home about. Good for you!!! I suspect we’ll both live longer with our “youthful” attitudes and behaviors.

Thanks for playing long gals and have a great day!
Hugs and blessings,

Nora said...

Hello! I act like I'm 25. Total surprise there, I was sure it would say older.

Eve said...

I act like I'm 21. WooHoo!! I expected more like 82 - that's how old I've been feeling lately. :>

I love your blogthings - so don't give them up.

NicciN said...

Glad you have adopted the Monday Motivator. I started it for myself to get going into my week with a positive attitude, and I still look forward to it each week. Now I can look forward to yours too! :)

storyteller said...

Nora Bee – Thanks for stopping by and introducing your self here by leaving a comment. I’ll follow the link back to visit your blog as soon as I finish with email this morning. Young is good, right?

Eve – I’m glad you’re feeling better at last. I've missed your regular visits and cheery comments. Thanks for making me feel a bit better about the Blogthings. I’ll probably continue to use them when I come up short of time and/or inspiration, but I try to be discerning with my choices. I’m glad to know you like them.

Yertle – I’m relieved to know this is okay with you. I’ve enjoyed reading your Monday Motivators over the past few weeks and thought it a wonderful idea. Sometimes having a theme for the day helps me with my posting. If I knew how to make logos, I’d create one for us to use.

Thanks to all of you for visiting. I hope you have a delightful day!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails