Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, February 4, 2008

Marvelous Monday Memento

Recently Sandy of Momisodes passed along this gorgeous floral bouquet to some of her "devoted readers and blog friends who keep her going everyday with their comments and emails" and I'd like to do the same thing. You know who you are, and anyone who reads the comments along with my posts & responses knows too. What you write never fails to bring a smile to my face and encourages me to post something each day. Even when inspiration fails me and I resort to sharing a Blogthing (or 3), you find something to say ... whether or not you choose to take the Quiz and/or post the results. I feel accepted for who I am ... just as I am ... and that's truly special! So grab a copy and take it back to your blog to share with your devoted readers and blog friends.

If you took the weekend off, be advised that I didn't :-)

Sunday's post contains another blog friend award for everyone to take and share with others and a video link worth watching if time permits.

Saturday's posts offers 3 Blogthings for your amusement (and mine).

As usual, Friday's post is a Haiku & Thursday's a T-13.

My list of 101 Things About Myself is finally complete (thanks to everyone who offered encouragement and feedback along the way).

I'm fully recovered from last week's flu/cold bug and met a friend I haven't seen for a decade or more for lunch so MY day was delightful ... and I hope YOURS was too!

Thought for Today

“Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For indeed, that's all who ever have.” Margaret Mead

7 comments:

Eve said...

I love that bouquet. I'm tempted to put another one in my sidebar each time someone gives it to me, but I'd soon run out of room. It does brighten up the place, though.

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Glad you are over your cold -- I think I finally am over the worst of mine too!

storyteller said...

Eve – I know what you mean about the bouquet (and other “bling” as well). I notice some folks devote a special page to Awards to clean up their sidebar and I’m thinking about doing that at some point too. Right now it's fun to look at them each day. I also enjoy the NaBloPoMo awards (especially the sleeping lab that makes me laugh every time I see it).

MPJ – I’m relieved to have recovered quickly (with just a little residual congestion) and I’m glad you & your family are better too. I hope you picked up a bouquet before moving on.

I hope you both have a delightful day!
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

It really is a gorgeous bouquet--I wouldn't mind having it on my desk. I like the idea of creating a separate page for awards--I'm pretty sure I could easily do that.

I've loved all your entries, Storyteller--you've yet to have a clunker. And I especially like it when you do Blogthings--it breaks up the pace and it DOES amuse me (referring to another entry, comment, and reply--they lighten the load in my mind).

storyteller said...

Karen – I think it’s beautiful also … and since I’m allergic to REAL flowers and can’t have them indoors unless I want to sneeze constantly, this electronic one is all the more special.

Thank you so much for all the lovely things you write in comments. You make me smile and release the “inner critic’s comments” with gentle (and occasionally uproarious laughter). You are one of a kind and I feel so blessed that we met last summer in Taos. Jan was talking about a “reunion” of some kind at some point … and that so appeals to me!

If a separate "awards" page works more easily for you ... go for it! (Hmmm ... perhaps I should suggest that to Joy who has also mentioned putting things in her sidebar is challenging. I hope the fiction writing continues to flow for you.
Hugs and blessings,

Momisodes said...

Yay for not being sick anymore! So glad to hear you're back in the swing of things :)

Virtual flowers are the best! They can live forever ;)

Sorry for being so late here today..

storyteller said...

Sandy – I'm delighted to be well again and happy to have my curls back too.

Ohmygosh woman … not to worry!!! With all that’s going on in your life with the loan mess and packing for the move, I don’t know how to made it over at all … especially with all the traffic you get at Momisodes. I love, love, love these flowers (along the other “treasure” you gave me) and it’s been fun to display them in my sidebar & share them with others. You, my friend, are definitely a treasure … and my prayers are with you. I hope you picked up another bouquet and the blog friend award from miss*R to enjoy and share indefinitely with others.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails