Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Yard Reclamation Project - Part 3 (Pulling the Korean grass from between the rocks by hand)

In order to avoid yesterday's "time issues" ... I've opted to make today's post my first priority today and will do the post at Sacred Ruminations later.

As promised (some time ago I'll admit, but better late than never ... right?) here are close up photos of the "clearing the grass from between the rocks by hand" process. If you missed earlier installments (and want to catch up) you can look here for Part 2 and here for Part 1.

Originally, I intended this to be a 3-part series, but as things so often happen ... it's going to have at least 2 more parts ... and possibly more (some projects take on a life of their own). So stay tuned (or not) as you choose.

Reminder: You've got 7 more days to figure out the Christmas Carol Quiz answers and email them to me. Peajay, Joy and John were the first 3 Bloggers to get all 10 correct and have the Small Reflections Christmas Carol Quiz Award to post on their Blogs. Who's going to be next?

Happy 5th night of Hannukah
to all those who celebrate
this holiday.

9 comments:

Beverly Keaton Smith said...

Your blog is lovely! Looks like we have a few things in common too...I particpated in the Writer's Spa in Taos last year...which was instrumental in getting me into blogging. Glad you found the same inspiration too! Nice music too! I'll be back! ~Beverly

Maude Lynn said...

I have to do the exact same thing in my rocks. Seems like I finish just in time to start all over again!

storyteller said...

Beverly – Thanks for the compliments. I’ve done my best to teach myself how to do this (now that I’ve started finally) and whenever I see something nifty out in the Blogosphere, I do what I can to figure out how to do things here myself. Wasn’t the Writer’s Spa wonderful? It was just what I needed to light a fire and get me going! YOUR blog is the kind of thing Suzanne wants ME to do … but I’m “happily retired” and content to “play” … at least for a while. I did take her EBB Part 1 class this Fall, but am holding off on Part 2 because there’s lots more I can do with the first part :)

Mama Zen – For me, it’s so far so good with the rocks. Methinks putting the plastic and rock salt under the them helps … but I try to stay on top of things too. Whenever I see something sprouting, I pull it out by the roots ASAP.
Hugs and blessing to you both,

Karen said...

Seeing this reclamation project is making me think about taking on my own yard.

And by the way--argh, woman!! The quiz is driving me crazy! There are two that I can't figure out (TASITA & ITBMFWMM)--will there be hints as we get closer to deadline?

storyteller said...

Karen - LOL ... those are the same two that gave all three of the previous winners "fits" as well! I believe Joy used the phrase "holy guacamole" in HER email to me regarding ITBMFWMM. Interestingly, that one ended up on the list because (while I was creating the list) I was listening to a Barbra Streisand CD on which she sings this song. The 1st, TASITA, was MY favorite as a teenager. Hmmm ... I wonder if those qualify as "clues" and if I need to "post" this information for everyone?

Jientje said...

Nice job you've done there! I guess it usually turns out to be a lot more work than expected, but it feels good when it's done, doesn't it? I love the orange tree!

storyteller said...

Jientje, - It was a huge job ... took months actually, but I eventually got help. My next post in the series will show that step. Of course, gardening is an on-going process ... weeding, planting, etc. It's more fun now that things are manageable. Actually they're lemons on the dwarf tree and limes on the taller one. I miss the peaches from my yard at my previous home, but they don't do well here. You'll see the peach tree roots I dug out in a future post as well.
Hugs and blessings,

Mary Ann said...

You have a beautiful blog! And you have my sympathies for the rock-grass project. After years of doing what you're doing, I removed my little rock blessings and re-planted grass.

Will have to come back later when I have more time.

storyteller said...

Moanna - thanks for visiting and for these kinds words. I'm learning ... bit by bit about this Blogging phenomenon :)

Ah ... I considered letting the rocks go, but am glad I didn't. I love my "reclaimed yard" and believe it was worth the time & effort to do all the work … and I love the daily activity of maintaining it now. Of course, I'm "happily retired" ... LOL
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails