Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Spirit in Action

Browsing a bunch of blogs brought to my attention these stories of the season to warm the heart and inspire Christmas "miracles" of the memorable kind. Reaching out to do for others enriches us all.

Melissa at Part of Everything tells of her active participation in Operation Santa in three parts ... here, here, and here. This is something I plan to do next year.

Talking Bear, at Sleepy Bear Hollow, shares a story of a co-worker's efforts to enlist assistance in transforming Christmas for 7 families this year, and Endlessly Restless left this link to a 2nd blogger's personal memory of being on the receiving end of a holiday miracle in a comment a SBH in response to TB's post.

At zena musings, Carla writes of her poignant experience working with her mother at the Hearth providing Christmas for women in need.

At her writing nook, Mary reveals her memory of meeting and providing assistance to an angel in disguise at Christmas time years ago.

May Christmas Spirit fill your hearts & minds
with peace, love, compassion, and joy
today, tomorrow, and throughout
the 12 days of Christmas
and into 2008

Hugs and Blessings to All!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Storyteller, Merry Christmas to you. And the happiest New Year. I am looking forward to 2008 with much hope for less stress and fewer (or at least different) challenges.

Peajay said...

The light of the Christmas star to you
The warmth of home and hearth to you
The cheer and good will of friends to you
The hope of a childlike heart to you
The joy of a thousand angels to you
The love of the Son and God's peace to you.

Nollaig Shona

Anonymous said...

Oh, peajay, I love that. Thank you. What a nice Christmas bonus.

Storyteller, I can't resist doing this. I have tagged you with this Christmas Hoopla, and it’s fun doing, I think, it made me remember things I had forgotten for a long time!
Would you please do one too? It’s on my blog, and so are the rules!

Mary said...

Storyteller,

Thank you so much for providing these very inspirational links. God bless you, my friend.

Love and blessings,
Mary

storyteller said...

As I explained in a previous comment to Akelamalu and Cheryl on another post, I’ve not had much time for “blogging” the past few days and plan to catch up this morning, if possible. I expected to spend more time here in “this virtual world” with no family in town with whom to celebrate, but surprisingly I’ve created new traditions of my own and experienced the kindness of friends who knew of my situation. After decades of including “strays” in our family gatherings, I’ve become one … and realize (perhaps for the 1st time while being on the "receiving" end) what a lovely gift such fellowship is.

How unexpectedly pleasant it's been to find my “gmail” box filled with so many holiday greetings today. I’ve decided to spend some time responding before doing anything else.

Eve – I know this has been a challenging Christmas for you as well and I hope the New Year brings gifts of the season to fill your heart with joy and gladness once again. As for the “Hoopla” … I appreciate the “tag” but Mama Zen beat you to it. FYI – my list was posted on December 19th or thereabouts. I’ll leave a note on your blog later, just in case you don’t see this.

Peajay – Now that’s a marvelously all-encompassing Christmas blessing. Thank you so much for sharing it with me, and with others who pass this way. You have such a wonderful way with words.

Mary – I’m glad you found time to visit and found the links to be as inspirational as I did. May you travel safely to Florida and savor your time there away from the snow.

I hope your Christmas celebrations were merry & bright and the New Year brings wonder and joy to you and yours!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails