Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Miscellaneous Musings on the Day

Sigh!
Why can't I upload photos tonight?

I get the following message whenever I try:

We’re sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.

When reporting this error to Blogger Support or on the Blogger Help Group, please:

--Describe what you were doing when you got this error.

--Provide the following error code and additional information.

bX-5tdd1p

Additional information:

blogID: 3728583087900011692
host: www.blogger.com
uri: /upload-image.do

This information will help us to track down your specific problem and fix it! We apologize for the inconvenience.

Well ... I'm sending the info,
but my plans for tonight's post are Kaput!
So ... here are a few
questions
on my mind
this
evening.

1. Does anyone out there know why we aren't getting email notifications about comments today? Also, has anyone else noticed that some of our Web based, Word Press and Type Pad Blogger friends aren't coming through as URL links lately? Hopefully, like my Site Meter problems, these problems will get resolved quickly.

2. Is anyone else having difficulty logging in to the NaBloPoMo group at Ning? I can log on to Ning successfully, but once I try to connect with any of the groups there ... the second sign-in area doesn't want to accept my ID and password so I haven't been able to access my Web Page there for almost 2 days! I'm about to call it quits and stick with regular Blogs.

3. Did anyone else find this "lovely" list at Peajay's? In it young kids gave unique and personal definitions of "Love" ... and these were my three favorites:
-I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones." Lauren - age 4 (I wonder how long THIS definition will hold up?)

-"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate," Nikka - age 6 (Methinks this kid is an old soul)

-"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen." Bobby - age 7 (How do we teach THIS lesson to kids today?)
4. You'll fine some chuckles just about every day at Mama Zen's Blog, but Monday's post is worth a special mention.

And finally:
--Reminder: You've got 10 more days to figure out the Christmas Carol Quiz answers and email them to me. Peajay is the first to get all 10 correct and has the Small Reflections Christmas Carol Quiz Award posted on her Blog. Who's going to be next?

Happy 2nd night of Hannukah
to all those who celebrate
this holiday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out this new comment stuff--so this is basically a test. (Although, I will say I figured out one more of the Xmas songs!)

Karen said...

Okay, is this working?

storyteller said...

Karen -- so it IS you I'm seeing both ways (clickable and not). I have a non-blogging Red Hat friend named Karen ... and I wondered if she was finally reading my blogs, but all the comments sounded like they came from you :)

Yes ... the second one is working as a link. I'm glad you passed the test. I'm not sure why they need to make things so difficult, but I do know the only "constant" in life is "change" :)

Thanks for hanging in there until you figured it out.
Hugs and blessings,

storyteller said...

Oh yes Karen ... and two more things:
--I'm glad you're making progress on the Christmas Carol Quiz. Joy sent her missing answer in this morning, so she's the 2nd one to get all 10 so far. YOU could be next :)
--I still don't know why we're not getting email notices about emails any more. That's going to make it harder to keep up ... sigh ... but I'll do my best as always, and hope everyone understands if there's a delay in my responses.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

I've read other definitions of love as given by children. These are among the best. It always amazes me how profound they are. I saw you comment over at Momisodes on the 80's nostalgia. It's just not the same looking back on a time when the teenagers were our children instead of us. How can you be nostalgic for the 80's when the 60's and 70's were so much more REAL? rofl

storyteller said...

Eve --I'm glad you found them so. I hear ya about growing up in the 60s ... those WERE the days! Times WERE a-changing ... but fast! Actually, I almost didn't comment at Momisodes because everything seemed foreign to me, but Sandy's been so enthusiastic a reader & commenter here that I wanted to return the favor :)

A question for you ... is Blogger not letting you put your Weblog URL in the comment area, or are you just happy to leave your name without a link since I know where to find you? Hmmm ... maybe I'll go ask the question at YOUR blog since you're not likely to see it here.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

It doesn't ask for my url anymore. I think it did the first time I posted to your blog, but not since then.

Related Posts with Thumbnails