Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, December 9, 2007

How Much Do You Know About Christmas?

ZWANI.com - The place for myspace comments, glitters, graphics, backgrounds and codes

I'm not sure what possessed me today, but I clicked on "What's new" at Blogthings and found this Holiday Quiz (and another I've posted at Sacred Ruminations). Perhaps you'll do better than I did ... and perhaps even want to gloat in comments?

I

guess
I don't know
as much as I thought I did
but I'm going with
the data as presented to me
just because.
Sigh
7/10?


You Know a Lot About Christmas

You got 7/10 correct

You know tons about the history and traditions surrounding Christmas.
When you celebrate the holidays, you never forget their true meaning - or all the little fun details.

Random Christmas fact: Thomas Edison has the first Christmas lights, three years after he invented the electric lightbulb.
How Much Do You Know About Christmas?

(I suspect everyone may know more than me.)

Reminder: You've got 6 more days to figure out the Christmas Carol Quiz answers and email them to me. In fairness (and for full disclosure), Karen asked for "hints" in a comment on yesterday's post and I responded as follows (though I don't know whether or not there are hints here):

Karen said... Seeing this reclamation project is making me think about taking on my own yard. And by the way--argh, woman!! The quiz is driving me crazy! There are two that I can't figure out (TASITA & ITBMFWMM)--will there be hints as we get closer to deadline?

I responded: Karen - LOL ... those are the same two that gave all three of the, previous winners "fits" as well! I believe Joy used the phrase "holy guacamole" in HER email to me regarding ITBMFWMM. Interestingly, that one ended up on the list because (while I was creating the list) I was listening to a Barbra Streisand CD on which she sings this song. The 1st, TASITA, was MY favorite as a teenager. Hmmm ... I wonder if those qualify as "clues" and if I need to "post" this information for everyone?

As previously announced: Peajay, Joy and John were the first 3 Bloggers to get all 10 correct and have the Small Reflections Christmas Carol Quiz Award to post on their Blogs. Who's going to be next?

Happy 6th night of Hannukah
to all those who celebrate
this holiday.

15 comments:

Akelamalu said...

I failed the Christmas quiz miserably I only got 1 right! :(

storyteller said...

Akelamalu -- Seriously? Or are you just trying to make ME feel better ... LOL

Thanks for stopping by. I've spent some time with your 2nd Christmas Carol Quiz. So far I've only figured out 5 of the 10 ... but I'll keep at it :)
Hugs and blessings,

Momisodes said...

I did not do very well on the quiz either. I only scored 5 of 10 right!

storyteller said...

Sandy - I'm feeling better about my score of 7 out of 10 knowing you and Akelamalu had trouble too. Now I'm wondering how many people took the quiz today & also had difficulty, but didn't leave their scores :)

I took inspiration from your post at Momisodes (and the other Weekly Winners participants)to create my Sacred Sunday post at Sacred Ruminations today, so maybe next week I'll do the real thing here.
Hugs and blessings,

storyteller said...

Onedia - thanks for stopping by to visit and share a bit about yourself. I love getting acquainted with folks who live all over the place. Hmmm … I've not thought of Myers-Briggs (or Kiersey-Bates) for a while now. Retirement is SUCH a joy every day! LOL I'm an ENFP but one of my best friends is an INTJ (as was my "ex). Molly sez "woof" ... wagging her tail with a tennis ball in her mouth, inviting you to play).
Hugs and blessings,

Grandy said...

I'll have to try this quiz...what a great idea!! You sound like a lot of fun...although the yard project seems less fun. ;)

storyteller said...

Hi Grandy -- welcome to Small Reflections and thanks for dropping by for a visit. I wish you luck with the Christmas Carol Quiz. John said he did it in about 15 minutes, but others have given me grief … all the while assuring me they love the challenge! ROFL

This site is for "my playful self" and at Sacred Ruminations I share my more "thoughtful self" ... but both are definitely parts of ME :)

Karen said...

Yes--I'll consider those comments hints. Now I want to go check out the other quiz.

storyteller said...

Karen -- that's good, but how did you do on THIS quiz? Huh??? Inquiring minds want to know these things. LOL
I hope the "clues" help on the Christmas Carol Quiz. Did you notice I added "snow" to the award?
Hugs and blessings,

Sherck said...

I pulled an 8 of 10, which I'd like to think qualifies me to say that I didn't think it was that great of a quiz. Or, at any rate, it didn't get at the things that I think are most interesting to know about Christmas. Hence, I think I may write my own at some point. I've still got to settle on the exact direction I want to take, but I'll throw it up on my blog at some point.

Of course, as a teacher, I'm inherently biased against multiple choice tests as a measure of anything--expect an essay test from me! :)

storyteller said...

Sherck - Well ya did better than me! Actually, the teacher in me hates “multiple choice” tests as well, but these "Blogthings" do invite "quick & easy" participation. Since I don't know anything about HTML code at this point, I'm at the mercy of those who DO if I choose to post things like this from time to time.

Many folks who roam this virtual space aren't looking for "writing tasks" ... however (now that I think about it) others are. I've encountered a number of groups who engage in regular writing challenges with "links" to one another (often with open invitations to join in) and the teacher-in-me feels pleased when I happen upon them. I'll keep an eye out for your test, and maybe even answer ... maybe :)
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

Okay, that was embarassing--I got 5 out of 10. And I thought I was doing so good, too...

storyteller said...

Alas Karen - Methinks whoever creates these "Blogthings" delights in making us all look foolish. Just breathe, relax, and let it all go :)
Hugs and blessings,

Grandy said...

Ewww...I only got 5/10. The overachiever in me wonders which ones I got wrong so I could look them up. I'm going to follow your advice for Karen earlier...breathe! ;)

storyteller said...

Yes Grandy! That's exactly how I felt when I got MY score of 7/10 (translates to a "C" and I'm anything BUT average ... LOL). Then I decided not to sweat the "small stuph" and just go with the flow and see what happened. Since MOST of us had trouble … I'm wondering if it might be worth revisiting this Quiz to try again ... but no ... I've got better things to do. How silly would THAT be? (chuckling to myself) "So many Blog-things, so little time." :)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails