Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Spreading the Word -- Discover the Inner Christmas and Other Holiday "Stuph"

In case you didn't know ...
Ladybug, Kikipotamus, Sandy, Karen and Kara have their 12 Random Christmasy Things about themselves up at their blogs. Just click on the links to read their lists (and mine) if you haven't already done so, and if you wish to join the fun ... please do. The more the merrier! Remember to leave a link to let us know when your list is up so we can all visit.

Something Special
Kara's list ends with a link containing this brief but timely and inspirational Inner Christmas Movie created and offered by Lynn Jerico who reminds us "... wonder and wisdom live in questions, not answers." I hope you'll pause a moment to click and watch it because I'm glad I did. I suspect many of us will be considering "The Twelve Polarities" and participating in the "Twelve Minutes of Inner Christmas Practice" between December 25th and January 5th this year. Thank you Kara!

For those with time
to linger
and consider the season
(seriously or otherwise):

1. be inspired by this T-13 collection of Bible verses about Christmas at Brain Freeze
2. savor this touching personal experience at Los Angelista's reminding us we can all do something, no matter how small ...
if we're paying attention with an open heart
3. for Christmas Facts see
Michelle's T-13 at Artventuring
4. for Christmas Activities to do with Kids (big and small) complete with "how to" links visit Believer in Balance
5. if you need a laugh or two to get you through the day check
out these hilarious Christmas Cartoons at Burnt Offerings
Happy Holidays to you and yours!

4 comments:

Momisodes said...

Thanks so much :) I had a wonderful time participating in the 12 random Christmas things...

I'm so glad I was able to "meet" you this year, and look forward following your blog in the years to come :)

Happy Holidays.

Gledwood said...

Hi I am fascinated to read your blog as I perceive you are a Christian... can I ask you what you feel about Christmas actually coming from Pagan origins? Do you think this is OK? Do you feel bad or guilty about it? Or do you feel it's wrong to mix ancient Sun worship (hence why most churches worship on Sunday and not Saturday the 7th day as commanded)...

I am fascinated to hear any feedback you have...

I'm NOT a radical Christian at all!
Read my main blog and you'll see that is DEFINITELY not the case!

http://gledwood2.blogspot.com

;->...

Here's wishing you a merry one and a highly entertaining new year!!

from
Gledwood
"Vol 2"...!!

storyteller said...

Sandy - I'm glad you enjoyed the Hoopla and that you found me on Ning, followed me back here and introduced yourself. It’s been fun getting acquainted and I look forward to more “blogging” in 2008. Happy Holidays to you and yours. I’m wondering when you’ll be moving into that new house of yours?

Gledwood - I was raised Christian but over the years have studied many traditions ... and think of myself as eclectically spiritual these days. It seems to me that however one "worships" is less important than the fact that one does follow some spiritual practice involving kindness and compassion for others.
Hugs and blessings,

Kelly said...

Thank you for the great links. I especially liked the cartoons and the wonderful story of the homeless person in the tent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails