Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Decorating for the Holidays -- Christmas Past

ZWANI.com - The place for myspace comments, glitters, graphics, backgrounds and codes


Once upon a time, a few years back a friend helped me decorate for the holidays each year on the day after Thanksgiving. Making my home festive encouraged others on the block to do likewise. This collage is composed of photos from 2003 and 2004 mixed together, and illustrates Christmas Past.


In the last few years, I've decorated less ... but I have neighbors who have taken up the challenge. I'll show THOSE pictures another day. I've walked out into the garage a few times in the past week and considered taking some of these decorations out of storage and putting them on display, but thus far MY only decorating has taken place on both of my Blogs ... and inside my house. Watch for those pictures in the days to come.

Congratulations
to Carrie of
Earthmovers and Sandcastles
who is the 4th person
to correctly identify all ten of
the Christmas Carols
in the Quiz.

Reminder: You've got 4 more days to figure out the
Christmas Carol Quiz answers and email them to me. Did you notice the "snowy" effects in the award Mary created that's now displayed in the sidebar here? As previously announced:
Peajay, Joy and John were the first 3 Bloggers to get all 10 correct and have the Small Reflections Christmas Carol Quiz Award to post on their Blogs.

Who's going to be next?

Happy 8th night of Hannukah
to all those who celebrate
this holiday.

4 comments:

colleen said...

Very nice. My decorations get more simple each year and today was 70 degrees which makes me want to plant bulbs rather than put up lights!

Momisodes said...

Great decorations! I love the reindeer. Those are my daughters favorite whenever we drive by decorated front lawns. That's very neat that you sparked the decorating spirit in the neighborhood....I guess you've passed on the torch :)

Karen said...

We've actually started to add more and more decorations since Nathan was born. I used to think people were crazy, but darn it, it DOES look nice. And children really do love it!

storyteller said...

Colleen - I hear ya! :)
Actually, I'm often surprised at how early the bulbs sprout here. My Iris crop was something to behold last year after stripping my lawn. I planted a few bulbs almost 30 years ago and sister ... have they ever multiplied! I've got pictures somewhere in an early post on one of my Blogs, but for the life of me ... I can't recall just where or when at the moment. Sigh! Such is life.

Sandy - I love those reindeer too. I'm glad to have “passed the torch” in the neighborhood because the older I get, the less energy I have to spend on such things ... but I love seeing the holiday spirit on display.

Karen - this is the way of things in life. We do these things for our kids until they grow up and can do them for themselves ... and perhaps us :)

Thanks to all for visiting. Happy Holidays to you and yours, and of course ...
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails